• Anyone else see the episode last night? I thought that it was absolutely brilliant. Only South Park could make a statement like that. Not only was it funny, but the writers of South Park made a huge point to Chef.

For those of you who don’t know, Isaac Hayes is a devote Scientologist. After South Park absolutely blasted the religion on a show last year (which Tom Cruise is now sueing over), Hayes decided to quit because of South Park’s “intolerance and bigotry”. Less than ten days later, South Park has an episode on it. Only this show could do that.

Chef went off for awhile to join the “Super Adventure Club”. Instead of going on adventures, this club likes to molest little boys. It’s pretty easy to see through the whole allegory. Chef is brainwashed by the “club”, and made to want to molest little boys. They even throw in a quick ten second plug on Scientology. The South Park kids rescue Chef from the club, but in the end Chef turns back and returns… to molest children. While he is doing so the bridge he is on collapses. In a way only South Park could, Chef dies after falling onto a jagged rock, being burned, being eaten by a mountain lion and a bear, and finally being shot. Revenge by the writers?

At Chef’s funeral, the writers make their statement. “A lot of us don’t agree with the choices the Chef has made in the last few days, some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn his back on us. But we can’t let the events of the past few weeks take away the memories of how Chef made us smile. We shouldn’t be mad at Chef for leaving us, we should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains.”

Of course, the writers couldn’t completely take out Chef. At the end of the episode, Chef is ressurected into “Darth Chef”. So they won’t need Isaac Hayes’ voice through that James Earl Jones respirator.

• Haven’t watched South Park in a while, but I heard about this.  I wonder what the response will be.

Makes me pity Isaac Hayes - what the hell is he thinking?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m