• :-)

• Anniversary

• revised

• Anniversary (and Global 1940)

• Anniversary for me

• '20 '19 '18

Global for the complexity and variability in play (but needs at least 4 players)

Anniversary for 1 vs 1 game

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Considering neither of my actual favorites (Revised and Anniversary) are listed, I’m going to do the mature thing and vote for 1941, the worst game in the series.

• I added the anniversary edition for those that are asking

• @wittmann:

Anniversary

I would like to play this edition.

• I added that one to the list

• SORry Worsham, I edited your post, instead of quoting it!
    Have amended my mistake .

I said: it was a wedding gift from
    My best friend amd long time gaming buddy. Means the world to me.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Pacific 2001  – not listed

• @Karl7:

Pacific 2001  – not listed

Correct, Pacific 2001 and Europe 1999, the two best A&A games, currently out of print, too sad.

Pacific 2001 was the first game with convoy zones, naval bases and air bases, and my favorite, the CAP, Combat Air Patrol, the current scrambling is by far not that good.

And the best, they were playable, you could play it every where, you did not need a dedicated basement like when you play G40, or a 6 feet table. Also, the map was focused on the spot where the war actually happened. No Africa and no South America. Too sad its out of print

box-pacific.jpg

• @Narvik:

Pacific 2001 was the first game with convoy zones, naval bases and air bases, and my favorite, the CAP, Combat Air Patrol, the current scrambling is by far not that good.

Another novel feature of the original Pacific game was that it came with two types of American infantry units (regular infantry and Marines, represented by one sculpt model in two different shades of green) and two American fighter units represented by two different sculpts (though their cost and characteristics in the rules were identical).

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@CWO:

@Narvik:

Another novel feature of the original Pacific game was that it came with two types of American infantry units (regular infantry and Marines, represented by one sculpt model in two different shades of green) and two American fighter units represented by two different sculpts (though their cost and characteristics in the rules were identical).

Also, don’t forget the unique victory condition. Could result in real cliffhanger games–the US bombing Japan trying to claw back the VC points while Japan tries to hold on/capture India.

• @CWO:

…. and two American fighter units represented by two different sculpts (though their cost and characteristics in the rules were identical).Â

Correct, One of the designers said he could not live with an Army P 38 Lighting as a carrier based plane, so they gave us 6 carrier based fighters too. Those were the days…

pic2972349.jpg

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Europe 1999 was my first A&A game. I spent hours back in the day making my own custom scenarios for it (super-easy because they had every country from interwar Europe as its own territory on the map).

Terrible for balance, but a fun intro game and even more fun for wacky custom scenarios (Making Italy its own faction, NATO Vs. Warsaw Pact, etc.)

• '19 '17 '16

@Karl7:

@CWO:

@Narvik:

And don’t forget the sheer number of bright red toys you got to play with as Japan!

Or that crazy J1 turn where you had to try to get in as many attacks in as possible while your opponents were defending at 1.

Ahhhh, the memories….

Also, don’t forget the unique victory condition. Could result in real cliffhanger games–the US bombing Japan trying to claw back the VC points while Japan tries to hold on/capture India.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m