• With the D-Day game already out, and the Battle of the Bulge on the way, Campaign games are expanding the A&A world in a great way. 
    What decisive battles would you like to see next and how many players would they have?

Stalingrad seems an obvious choice because of its popularity.  I think it could have three players if you include the Rumanian Armies.  You could also set the date, from early or in November during Operation Uranus.

Kursk:  Two players

El Alamein:  Two Players

Stalingrad:  2-3  (Romanian units also)

Guadalcanal also would be a great one.

• Kursk:  Two players… actually you would have 3 players  AGC/ AGS and the Soviets. So that way the Germans can conduct independant operations which were pretty much like it was.

El Alamein:  Two Players ( actually The Italians could possibly be a third player)

Stalingrad:  2-3  (Romanian units also) This is a good choice but probably should cover the entire 1942 campaign.

Guadalcanal also would be a great one. Larry Harris is coming out with this it was declared last year for a late summer release.

What i really want to see is a Barbarossa Campaign covering 41-45, then a western campaign for France 1940 or 1944-45. The maps would be linkable with a third “african campaign” This would be the best vision for the line.

• I really like your last idea.  Think about how great it would be to have an ‘eastern front’ campaign that covered from Barbarossa to the end.  Front-specific game would be the bridge between the theater and campaign focused games.

• Market Garden.  3 players, 4 for Polish player, but that’s stretching it.

• I would really love a Gaudalcanal game. Especially since it would take like 6 hourse to complete. :mrgreen:

• Stalingrad, Kursk, Guadalcanal… and a plane-only “Battle of Britain”.

• Yeah, battle of Britain, but maybe letting Axis invade England or British reconquering France

• I think an Italian campaign game would be fun. Monte Cassino anyone? or maybe a just a game covering the all the battles of the southern part of the campaign, with the objective being Rome

Italy would be fun, especially Monte Cassino!

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Civil War.

Okay, it’s not Axis and Allies really, but common…you saying you can’t do it?  What about Spanish-American War?  Or is a 90 day war not long enough???

Spanish-American War was a walk over, Civil War would be interesting but I feel that there are too few units for something like that…

GG

• Iwo Jima!! :D

• Vietnam all the way!

• @murphybilly82:

Vietnam all the way!

That would be a pretty interesting campaign.  How would you win!?  :lol:

A good one I was thinking of would be a campaign on the Second Punic War!  You can play as Hannibal!  Roll a die to get across the alps!  If you get a 3 or lower, you lose half your men.  :-o

• well I guess you have to be Northern vietnam and force U.S. out by 1977

• Id like to see 1978 battlestar galactica ( before the humans were destroyed)  or star wars 1977-83

1/2 inch vipers and raiders, 1.5 inch cylon baseships, 1.5 inch battlestars, plus destroyers and cruisers, tankers on huge star map using axis and allies style rules.

• @Imperious:

Id like to see 1978 battlestar galactica ( before the humans were destroyed)  or star wars 1977-83

1/2 inch vipers and raiders, 1.5 inch cylon baseships, 1.5 inch battlestars, plus destroyers and cruisers, tankers on huge star map using axis and allies style rules.

Battlestar Galactica FTL.  Star Wars FTW!!  Id like to see that.  :wink:

I want to see Babylon 5 vs Battlestar Galactica vs Star Wars

• I forgot add Space Cruiser Yamato that show was basically WW2 pacific carrier battles in space.

I just wanna see what would happen when the Whitestar Destroyer version hits a Super Star Destroyer with it’s main gun. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m