The Chainsaw Tank, kept forgetting to use it…

• Just read the new article by Jensen, he admit he kept forgetting to use the Chainsaw Tank, and I belive the problem is, it is not a plastic miniature. If WOTC had not gone cheap on us, and made a Chainsaw Tank plastic unit, then nobody would forget to use it. As of now, the Chainsaw Tank is useless, its just air, in our imagination. If WOTC had only put in one new plastic sculpt, other than the 3 zombie sculpts of wich only the female one is likely to see action on my map as neutral Swedish infantry, then I would have purchase 2 copies of the game, and not just one as I will now.

Sorry

….but is it too late to make that sculpt and through it in, I aint gonna buy this game until close before X-mas anyway…read my lips, WOTC…

• The Chainsaw Tank perk really isn’t that great either.

• @Caesar:

The Chainsaw Tank perk really isn’t that great either.

…maybe, but it could be perky if it was a plastic sculpt !!!

• Maybe to hard to make the die !!!

Zombie tank.png

• The Zombie Females Drive the tanks.

Zombie chick 2 .png

• OH Allies Tank Drivers  Man ! CAT Fights !

Allies Chicks.png

• somebody should make a shapeways chainsaw tank and a narvik piece…

• @Imperious:

somebody should make a shapeways chainsaw tank and a narvik piece…

Sure, why not? But why stop there? There will be six technologies in the game. While we don’t know their exact effect, we do know their names:
    Z.I.B.R.A. Suits, Z-4 Explosives, Chainsaw Tanks, AirD.O.T.S., Deadnapper Convoys, and Zombie Mind Control Ray. (Source: https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/6/17431468/axis-allies-and-zombies-rules-preview)

These technologies upgrade, respectively, Infantry, Artillery, Tanks, Aircraft (presumably both Fighters and Bombers), Transports, and Zombies. So, we need Infantry in some sort of protective garb, special Artillery, Chainsaw Tanks, special Fighters and Bombers, Transports stuffed with Zombies, and some sort of Tesla Coil tower for the Mind Control Ray.

Looking forward to seeing what we get out of Shapeways in these regards.

-Midnight_Reaper

P.S. Edit for spell cheque

• Ha ha Zombie Mind Control Ray !  Hey thats my name Ray. Better be some royalties for me.  :?

• Deadnapper Convoy is the best tech and OP.

• To make unique sculpts for tech is not a bad idea, I never got used to biplanes in the role of jet fighters, or 2 engines Heineken as long range heavy bombers. But I also think that Tech units should be compatible with the other A&A games, and most important the G40, since this is where the real players hang out, players that spend the extra dollar to get the extra chill. Does somebody from WOTC read this, anyway, or am I just preaching for the choir ? Like with A&A Minis, you should be able to purchase Tech plastic units as expansion packs

• too bad they don’t have pieces on spues any more. You could cut a few down and glue them on the front of A&A Classic tanks.

• '18 '17 '16

This is sad. They should just melt down all of the zombies and remould them into aircraft carriers so we could play Axis and Allies instead of this slap in the face to all WW 2 veterans. I’ll take a King Tiger over a goofy chainsaw tank any day.

• that is until you are facing a hoard  of zombies… :-D

• not trying to start an argument here but how is A&AZ a slap to the face of WWII veterans?

the very nature of this game is a slap to the face.

lives are not valued and neither is the sacrifice they made.

people just buy more infantry to reinforce territories with n regard to cost in lives.

also, the whole game is set up to be a game not a recreation of the actual war.

it is set up to be fun, which it is, instead of factual.

A wargame is more in keeping with the recreation of events and portraying of sacrifices of the war.

set troops, representing actual combatants, and terrain/weather/logistics/etc do more to convey the difficulties faced and outcome achieved.

I’m just curious how A&A is supposed to represent this when it is so/too abstracted?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

turning matters of life and death into an amusing board game is super-respectful of veterans because the people who like wargames are interested in war, veterans, and things that have to do with war, in general

turning matters of life and death and death and more death into an amusing and fanciful game is super-DISRESPECTFUL of veterans because people who like wargames like a false sense of realism regarding wargames and when anything remotely having to do with science fiction or fantasy is migrated into a vanilla, “realistic” wargame they go bonkers and rip the board in half and basically hulk out.

• ok, so I guess it comes down to :

is A&A a wargame or a sci-fi/fantasy?

I put it in the fantasy category as you buy whatever you need and plop it down. Wargames generally limit you to whatever was available/could be produced at the time. Also take into account there is no real time scale in A&A.

Realistically, no country could “buy” what most people do in a turn. (except Russia  and its infantry) :-D

• Disregard those who claim Zombies insults vets, it’s such an illogical argument. Because in order for that statement to be logical, then you have to claim all actions of Axis and Allies is there for accurate and factual which G40 being the most accurate version of WWII has a $hit tons of inaccurate facts starting with the complete disregard of a Soviet Pacific Fleet. Are we then going to accuse anyone who plays Germany as being pro Hitler? And if not, why? See the point. People like that need to grow up.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Narvik:

If WOTC had not gone cheap on us, and made a Chainsaw Tank plastic unit, then nobody would forget to use it.

Has anybody here tried to produce a game? Game pieces? Or even run a business?

I think a chainsaw tank mini is an awesome idea but there are tradeoffs. Yes, you and I would pay extra but there are a bunch of die hard A&A a-holes (sorry guys but the haters are acting like jerks) who are not even going to buy one copy. If you price it too high, then newcomers to A&A won’t buy and then you guarantee a flop.

Chainsaw tanks is a great opportunity for the community to create and sell their own. I’ll be ready to buy one from Combat Miniatures should they chose to make one, hint hint.

• @djensen:

Has anybody here tried to produce a game? Game pieces? Or even run a business?

I think a chainsaw tank mini is an awesome idea but there are tradeoffs. Yes, you and I would pay extra but there are a bunch of die hard A&A a-holes (sorry guys but the haters are acting like jerks) who are not even going to buy one copy. If you price it too high, then newcomers to A&A won’t buy and then you guarantee a flop.

Chainsaw tanks is a great opportunity for the community to create and sell their own. I’ll be ready to buy one from Combat Miniatures should they chose to make one, hint hint.

I belive you missed my point. A lot of the A&A fans are piece junkies, they would purchase any A&A game if it has new pieces that can be fairly used in their customized games. You can make a simple game with F4F fighter for the p38, or a Tiger tank, or a Hood battleship, and people would buy that game just for the new pieces. I figure that a Chainsaw Tank could be used to clear minefields or that kind of thing in a non-zombie game. I know that this plastic pieces cost from less to nothing, so I figure that WOTC could have made good money if they had a better understanding of the motivation of the piece junkies that spend a lot of money on this games. I belive it is poor business policy to target a game like this to a narrow audience, when it could reach all the A&A community just by including some Panzer IV sculpts, or a Mustang fighter for US. Dont confuse this with negativity, it is ment to be a rational advice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m