• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Updated triplea to version 1.2

Germany and Italy just need a unit present for the “mideast oil” objective and Italy must control the territories for the “Power Objective”.

Curious if there’s a reason why Japan shouldn’t attack France. Would only be a 3 dollar hit and gives them the ability to build infrastructure.

Anyway…Rock On

Changer.png

• This setup still has too much of an Axis tilt. The point about Japan attacking France is a good point. And I have had people mention this should have a Vichy rule.

US national objective for the homeland might go up to 15, and or the UK get some more units near Egypt (a fighter maybe)

@oztea yea was thinking with FIC you have it at 5 bucks as opposed to 10 in oob for the NO. I wonder if a negative bonus would be worth a thought ? maybe give them minus 3 or 5 if they attack ? Keeps the start money out of their pocket but still similar to oob pain wise.

Not sure how’d it workout. I usually whack France turn 1 oob anyway, because I like to build there as soon as I can. I’m not a very good player though, so it might not be the best move :relaxed:

• It would probably be convoluted to simply add a rule that Japan can’t attack FIC while Paris is still in Allied hands or it is a DoW on the allies. Even though, that only spares them about one turn. It adds a rule that is too situational. There has to be a more elegant way to handle it. I see that japan has little else to do for a while so attacking FIC is something they are going to do so they can just fill time, safely land a ton of guys in the region too. I don’t want to add negative national objectives, because that could spiral out of control with reasons to give other powers negative ones as well.

maybe another NO for US if FIC is attacked ? Some sort of “war scare” type thing ? I saw you mentioned US maybe getting a boost above.

Maybe give US 5 bucks if Japan attacks FIC ? When Japan and US are at war it goes away. Might have to fudge the number but it has a precedent with Germany getting dough when not at war with ussr. Even though it’s an unfriendly instead of friendly thing :)

• '21 '18 '16

we made some edits to the setup after playtesting. i’ve attached the file here
    1939oztea.tsvg

@seancb

Right on. I’m seeing W Germany with an additional 3 inf for a total of 4 and SZ 112 with a CA and 3 Subs as opposed to a DD and 2 Subs. Is that correct ? I’ll make a map option for these if so.

I also found some setup mistakes I made:
    Anhwe should have 4 inf total. Currently only have 1.
    UK and Kenya are each missing an artillery.
    France major needs to turn into a minor.
    Bessarabia should have no inf

I’ll fix these and do an update with your edits as an option. How is it playing out for you ?

• @barnee only just noticed this thread. Well done guys. Hope it works out.

@Wittmann heh heh

Hi Wtitmann :)

• I don’t habe the time these days. Otherwise, I would have trial played it with a friend.
    I do believe in keeping America wealthy, however , and would rather not see Egypt fall too easily.

@Wittmann

Your Gang should give it a go :)

@Wittmann said in Oztea's 1939 Global Setup:

I don’t habe the time these days. Otherwise, I would have trial played it with a friend.
    I do believe in keeping America wealthy, however , and would rather not see Egypt fall too easily.

heh heh it’s a fun game :)

• '21 '18 '16

definitely need to reduce the fighter count for UK i think, in our last game they simply flew all of their fighters to france and demolished the german assualt (twice!!). reduction of initial french troops as well. We can keep the major factory but i think they should end up with about 10 inf and with reduction in UK fighters you should be able to conquer Paris right on time.

@seancb
    Right on. When you get comfortable with your adjustments, I’ll add them as an option. Gonna go ahead and push my setup mistakes for now.

How is Egypt playing out ? Especially early ?

• Hmmmm, I didn’t know people were struggling to take France as Germany. The depleted infantry in West germany is so they don’t take paris on turn 1. I assumed that if the UK fighters were sent to Paris that Germany could threaten an easy Sea Lion, or bomb the crap out of London.

Many are saying that there is a glitch in the Belgium situation, and are looking for solutions, including one that represents the bypassing of the Maginot line.
    I have yet to think something up.

• '21 '18 '16

the Belgium thing has been fun. So far its screwing up the Allies by not allowing Anzac and USA to utilize the islands. Japan makes up the income by pounding China even harder.
    This is fun so far.

The France thing even tho you “could” Sea Lion your not able to because you dont have enuf navy to get it done. In essence we removed a lot of the fighter power from UK. Also reduced intial strength of France but left a major factory. Basically they have time raise up 5 inf divisions and 1 arty division. Waiting on another play test but so far we’re getting some balance. We are debating whether to reduce the damage on the Japanese naval base to zero but leave the factory nerfed.

Here is the latest file1939oztea.tsvg

Updated to 1.5

Has the setup corrections and also added “Charles de Gaulle Neutrals” slightly modified as a map option.

@seancb

yea i’m not seeing how France survives RD2. This is max French Defense, bought a tank an 4 inf, sent all Brit planes every unit that could reach. My G1 might be a little different. Maybe too weak against USSR ? I don’t think so though. Haven’t played but a half a dozen openers so I may be missing something.

Screenshot from 2019-11-14 00-04-10.png

@barnee Calcs were a little off, forgot can only build 3, here we are after cycling through the game:

Screenshot from 2019-11-14 00-35-30.png

Wow ! What a Bloodbath !

oz 39 test seancb.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m