• yamamato456 asked someone to start a poll whether or not to do a Pearl attack in J1…
    I’m making a slightly different thread 'cause I think we can learn more about my suggested poll:

what would USA do if J1 makes a Pearl attack or not?
    In the other thread (part 1) I had 5 options how the USA could react…

so, you can react at both the threads, I suppose…

• I voted to go KGF first whether or not Pearl happened.  I do have an exception:  If Japan only has 1 BB, 1 AC, and 1 FIG, or less, than I counter on USA 1 with BB, TRN, BMB, 2 FIG.  Should be able to sink half the Japanese fleet at the cost of 1 TRN and 1-2 FIGs.  Killing the BB with its support shot, and killing a FIG (which are hard to replace if Japan wants to build IC’s) helps take the pressure off Russia almost as well as sailing the BB and flying the BMB over on USA 1.

This goes with my idea of Pearl with Japan.  If the Japanese SS in SZ 45 survives UK 1, and especially if the UK FIG has not landed on the USA AC, I am more likely to take Pearl and hold it with maybe 1 BB, 1 DD, 1 full AC.

• For the moment (if I analyze the votes), it seems to me:

A) if you do a Pearl attack: Most of the USA players would leave the Pacific and do a KGF…
    B) if you don’t do a Pearl attack: Most of the USA players stay in the Pacific…

So, if you are J: make your discission: do you want to let USA stay in the Pacific? or do you want to let the USA mess with G?

• I would rather have US using it’s resources to try and take down Japan.  With US doing that russa will likely fall.  Japan can give up Islands because they replace the IPC’s with territories on the asia mainland, and when the time is right counter strike US from the west while Germany hits from the East.

• 2007 AAR League

Agree with Triforce, Better for axis if USA messes with Japan by going “island hoping”, Japan don´t really care, establishes itself on the Asia mainland and celebrate with the Germans.

If USA comes close to Japan they will be severly hit, by the fleet and between 4-6 Figs + 1-2 BmB (depending on Japans opening purchase)

USA needs a large fleet to do that, and that means Germany has a lot less to worry about in Europe.

Only time i will hit Japan with USA is if everyone is hiting japan, meaning UK factory in India, USA factory in sinkiang or Alaska, Russia are offensive vs Japan (attacking with the infantry if they survives japans opening turn, supported by the fighters)

But that at the same time of course means Germany is off the hook……

What is best i guess is in the end a matter of taste (but i see most people here tend to go for KGF)

• If Japans ignores navy buys and doesn’t do Pearl I will go island hopping.  I send what I can on U1 against Germany like a landing in Africa and a fighter to Britain.  For the first two turns I’ll spend on the Pacific, and a little on the Atlantic.  Then I island hop w/ whatever fleet I got, and if I grab a few islands from Japan, and land in FIC (ultimate goal w/ island hopping), and then lose my entire fleet in the atlantic its no big.

Or I just go KGF no matter what…

• So, like I mentioned before:

most people make up their USA strategy after J has made his first move:

@Axel:

A) if you do a Pearl attack: Most of the USA players would leave the Pacific and do a KGF…
    B) if you don’t do a Pearl attack: Most of the USA players stay in the Pacific…

So, if you are J: make your discission: do you want to let USA stay in the Pacific? or do you want to let the USA mess with G?

and almost every post I read regarding this subject so far has made the USA strategy depending on J1!
    So Japan has to make up his mind and in that way determines USA strategy most of the times…

I think this poll has made his point :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m