• When the US is not at war and is still neutral, can it move its ships into a SZ and end their turn there with other Allied naval units?

I.E.  if Anzac or UK takes a money island, could the US ships from the Phillipines move into that SZ as additional support?  Or could they move them down to SZ54 to pair up with an ANZAC fleet  when “NOT” at war?

• '19 '17 '16

Unless the USA or the attacker declares war, those ships would be spectators to any battle which might ensue.

• USA naval movement is extremely restricted on the Atlantic side to just 3 or 4 sea zones. On the Pacific map, I think, your boats can end their turn anywhere as long as they don’t share the sea zone with Japanese naval units.

So in that case, you would be able to have your Philippines fleet merge with an Anzac fleet.

• @KGrimB:

USA naval movement is extremely restricted on the Atlantic side to just 3 or 4 sea zones. On the Pacific map, I think, your boats can end their turn anywhere as long as they don’t share the sea zone with Japanese naval units.

No, sorry:

@rulebook:

In addition to the normal restrictions (see
    “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 14), while it’s not at war with Japan, the United States may not move any units
    into or through China or  end the movement of its sea units in sea zones that are adjacent to Japan-controlled territories. While
    not at war with Germany or Italy, the United States may end the movement of its sea units on the Europe map only in sea
    zones that are adjacent to U.S. territories, with one exception: U.S. warships (not transports) may also conduct long-range
    patrols into sea zone 102.

@KGrimB:

So in that case, you would be able to have your Philippines fleet merge with an Anzac fleet.

As simon33 correctly said, they simply share a seazone, not being allowed to defend together.

• To explain it Barney Style, on the Pacific, US fleets can sit in the same sea zones as Japanese fleets, US ships just can’t be next to an island or mainland that is Japanese and as for the Japanese, they are not allowed two sea zones within US mainland.

• @Caesar:

as for the Japanese, they are not allowed two sea zones within US mainland.

Which exact sea zones are Japan actually allowed/restricted?

• I remember Krieghund saying Japan can occupy SZ26.

• @nhgrif:

@Caesar:

as for the Japanese, they are not allowed two sea zones within US mainland.

Which exact sea zones are Japan actually allowed/restricted?

Just count two SZ from Alaska, Western US, and Mexico.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m