• I’m wondering about protecting India in a certain situation. Let’s that as Great Britain I’ve sent me fighter from my India AC and used to take out the Jap sub. (With the Great Britain sub from Australia.) The fighter lands with the America AC. Now I use the australian Tranny to take New Guinea. Then, I use my India tranny to take Borneo. What would be the best way to defend India? And what should I do with the AC?

• this means you have 1-2 inf in india and you are wondering how to defend it? the borneo move sacrifices india from what i can see unless ussr is sending sizable troops your way.  did you send the dd to take out the kwang trannie?

• Yes I did, I was just wondering if I should abandon Africa and the middle east troops to protect it. Seeing as how the U.S.A can take Africa easily.

• protect will probably be inaccurate, recapture is more likely because it will most likely be in japanese hands before your forces can get near unless germany dropped the ball in egypt.  if you sail your ac south around africa you can use it in the atlantic in about 3-4 rounds. i don’t like abandoning india because it give japan a speed boost and it is against the “spirit” of the victory city concept.

• Ah, I’ll just not capture Borneo then. Thanks.

• you will still probably lose india, but at least now it is a speed bump for japan instead of the autobahn.

• Nice way to put it.

• There is only 1 reason to pull out of India early… to retake Egypt.

Otherwise, if you pull out of India to take Borneo, UK will lose both Egypt and India on Turn 1, then lose Persia, Trans-Jordan, and half of Africa the next turn… all for 4 paltry IPC’s in Borneo.

• If I’m not mistaken, you can pull the UK transport and UK AC in a position (move them to the west) where they can not be reached by J1. (you can still move your destroyer to the J transport near Kwangtung if you want).
    If you can hold India and get reinforcements from Russia in the next turns…
    then you can get your transport back to India, and transport some units to Borneo, 'cause the Japs will probably have moved their entire fleet in the next few turns to protect Japan from an assault of the USA.

If the allies are making a KGF, then I think UK will not hold India long and there will probably be no opportunity for UK to do this kind of island hopping…

• 2007 AAR League

Japan can allways take India in J1 if needed (by needed i mean if UK builds a IC on UK 1).

• @Nix:

Japan can allways take India in J1 if needed (by needed i mean if UK builds a IC on UK 1).

No they can’t. Turn 2 mabey

• I always manage to take it in J1.

• @triforce:

I always manage to take it in J1.

try to imagine Japan without the transport off kwangtung. It can be destroyed by Brittain. Also depends on what Brittain does in regards to Egypt

• Thats why I amost always go overboard with trannies with Japan.  The one off Kwang dosen’t make a whole lot of diffrerence to me because I usually buy a J1 IC.  If it gets sunk I deal.  I like it when the allies mess with my strats.  It adds variety and keeps the game interesting.  I wouldn’t like to play with people who do the same thing every time.

• I love it when people do the same thing every time, especially when they offer me surrender early on and then I beat them.

:-D

• I strongly believe that UK can fortify India as much as it wills…
    but eventually it will fall for the J empire…
    If it’s not on J1, then it’s on J2…
    Even if the J player neglects to do so in J1 or J2.
    Once J has set his mind on taking India, he will get it anyway!

• @triforce:

I always manage to take it in J1.

Without the Kwang tranny, it will be at least J2 before you can take India IF UK tries to hold it (move an INF from Persia, land the AC based FIG in India)

The exception is a total-airforce attack on India, and the 2 INF from FIC to back up the planes.

Since Japan is “taking” India on J1, that means only 1 INF fodder, the rest of the losses (from 4 INF, 1 FIG and an AA gun) are going to come from the Japan AF.  Figure 2-3 FIGs lost in taking India J1.

And with that many FIGs assigned to India, China is NOT going to happen on J1, allowing US to consolidate in Sinkiang, plus USSR forces from Novo and/or Kazakh, giving Japan a nut of 6-8 INF and a FIG to crack Sinkiang.

And all future Japan battles will be with 50% LESS air power.

I call that a GREAT trade for 5 UK units that are considered “dead men walking” at game start.

Unless UK pulls out of India on UK1, Japan should NOT attack India until J2 (unless somehow the Kwang tranny survived…)

• Absolute total agreement with switch.

• i think j3 is the prime turn to take india, the amount of land forces you will have in the area will fuel your mid-east expansion and you can often hit india without any air exposed to the aa gun.

i am thinking of a strategy to recapture india with uk from africa. this is not “optimal” since it is not KGF but variety is the spice of life!

• Crit… I would think that a major ellemtn to implement might include consolidating the UK navy somewhere in the Southern Indian Ocean (perhaps SZ30) on UK 1, then moving to Australia, and then making your move on India.

You will need land forces… you will need naval protection.  So consolidating the fleet to allow for both possibilities seems essential.

The flaw with such a strat is of course having any UK units in Africa that can move toward India after G1…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m