Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Bidding with OOB Rules

• Hey Guys,

When playing competitively and using the OOB set up, what bid/bid range do people believe the Allies need to balance this game?

Alternatively was there a set up variant which balanced the game where no bid was used?

Thanks heaps, hoping to brush the dust off this version as it is one of my favourites.

• Official Answers

A bid of 24 to 25 VPs required for Japan to win usually results in a balanced game.  Blind bidding with a tie resolved randomly works well.

There is no “balanced” setup variant that I’m aware of, but it’s important to use the modified setup from the FAQ.

• Thanks mate.

I think the set up from the FAQ was what I was thinking of. After posting I also found Saburo Sakai’s recommendation of using the OOB set up, 24 VPs for Japanese Victory and giving the Allies an extra 12-16 IPCs to spend on turn one.

My group hasn’t had many plays of this version and to keep it in rotation keeping it as balanced as possible is a priority.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m