[House Rules] Japan round 1 buyings

• TripleA

Try some of the cheese strategies in your next bm game. Japan take out India then go middle east (stop Persia complex and basically anything that could reinroce russia, skip China completely just move everything down to Yunnan then burma). G6 Russia easy and Europe is done.

As allies fly 8 USA bombers into Russia, attack tanks or Arty produced on minor ic, make sure one or two bombers always coming in to replace lost bombers. (Extra No money is a bomber so there you go, defends Russia and attacks enemies).

• '16 '15 '10

@Cow:

Try some of the cheese strategies in your next bm game. Japan take out India then go middle east (stop Persia complex and basically anything that could reinroce russia, skip China completely just move everything down to Yunnan then burma). G6 Russia easy and Europe is done.

As allies fly 8 USA bombers into Russia, attack tanks or Arty produced on minor ic, make sure one or two bombers always coming in to replace lost bombers. (Extra No money is a bomber so there you go, defends Russia and attacks enemies).

Admittedly that will probably work against 90%+ opponents, but do you think that would work against you?  I see alot of flaws–starting with the assumption that Japan can get Persia J4.  Would make for a fast game either way, but I think you’d be hard pressed to hold 8 vcs against a pro Allies.

• Agreed, Zhukov.  The ability for Russia to survive past G7 frees up the Allies to spend more of their income for other operations beyond protecting Moscow.  In response, Germany and Italy must devote more resources to protecting critical parts of the map.  Those additional couple Russian soldiers a round makes a huge difference!

• And sometimes it needs only one battle to go wrong, PUUFF, all plans are gone.
    Lean back,  whistle a song and marinade on what went wrong.

In Vanilla and BM there are standard openings and mechanisims and the Guidelines that says:
    Kill Moscow, Kill Italy, KJF, KGF, neuter Italy, neuter Japan, Kill Anzak…
    But most of the time you have to know what to do when things are not going in your favor.

8 US Bmbrs need to land somewhere, I will be prepared to kill them.
    Sacking India will be sweet but hopefully my Opponent disturbes not my Plans.
    Loosing a Ftr over an Inf or an Inf for a Ftr?
    This will be the Q:?

• TripleA

It is fairly easy to execute a cheese. If you dow j2 make sure you have enough guys on shan state to stop uk pacific from retaking it and an airbase on siam or kwangsi, you can put carriers on 36 + 37 to prevent a block from a j3 india. drop a naval base for transports to reach india

Any burma stacks should be attacked with air, in which case no airbase is needed to purchase (carriers from sz 36 allows 6 air from carriers and 6 more air to attack from 3 spaces away and 2 bomber.

If he defends india, kill it, if he retreats india, couple guys and a bunch of air.  So far kind of standard stuff. It is from here you can make a pivot.  burma is 2 spaces away from west india attack furthering a retreat and allowing an india hold. Also Persia is a nice 2 spaces away from india by sea. Allies ships are far away and won’t pose a threat to your fleet for the first 4-5 rounds (they may go to Japan so don’t lose japan, buy fighters and inf to hold japan otherwise Europe VC win goes up by 1 and that is game).

minor IC FIC and malaysia. Once all your guys have run from manchuria /  korea all the way to burma China will make like 30 and you just ignore china forever, China can’t leave China so that is good.

• TripleA

bombers can land Russia from either Siberia or Scotland. It is an easy cheese defense.

• '19 '17 '16

@Cow:

If UK_Pac defends perfectly, they should live on for a few turns, enough that a Japanese attack on Persia would be irrelevant to defend a G6-G8 attack on Moscow.

Sometimes (frequently) Japan can capitalise on a mistake to take India before then though.

• TripleA

Standard play works well for the axis still.  UK without a bid opens up the middle east for Germany/Italy if they want to make a play for it.

• TripleA

Perfect play just holds india till round 4.  You are buying 4 mech round 1 to prevent a shan state hold. blocking with a dd to prevent a burma take (so mech can reach shan state).

Beyond that there is no blocking Japan once his navy holds 36/37. Everything japan has reaches. So that is that.

• '19 '17 '16

Let’s say you get India J4, Absolute best I can see is you force Persia to produce units to defend itself rather than defending Moscow.

Did you mean holding SZ41 or SZ38? A two DD block (can use the French one) holds you out from SZ36/37.

• TripleA

Japan parks ships sz 36/37.  You can’t block transports from dropping on India.

• '19 '17 '16

Umm, but I just explained how you can. By putting DDs in both SZ41 and SZ38. I did exactly this in a recent game against BSD and went on to secure the win: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41577

• You two should do a friendly.
    Kill kill kill… 8-)

• TripleA

No you can’t 3 carriers parked on 38 and ships parked on 37. How are you killing that to block transports?

How else do you get 14 air on India without buying airbase? (6+6 figs +2bomber)

• TripleA

Japan has more than enough ships to prevent a block.

• '19 '17 '16

Right. You said they put their ships into 36/37. They may be able to prevent a block if they spread their ships out appropriately.

I’m still to be convinced that going for a j3 India crush is worthwhile when the allies respond properly. You can lose a lot of planes or you can fail to hold it if the allies pull most of their troops back to west India. Perhaps there is a way it is worth it in spite of allied actions, I just don’t know what it is.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Amon-Sul:

ah, I see.

But everyone plays BM these days. I count it as the standard version  :lol:

Not everyone plays that. And it’s not A&A – it’s something else.

• @Marshmallow:

@Amon-Sul:

ah, I see.

But everyone plays BM these days. I count it as the standard version  :lol:

Not everyone plays that. And it’s not A&A – it’s something else.

why is it something else?

just because it is not OOB?

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Exactly so.

It’s house rules.

• @Marshmallow:

Exactly so.

It’s house rules.

what about 2nd edition? it is also an upgrade of it`s own.

yes, BM adds some more stuff, but i would say a lot more than just a house rule, since half the people play it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m