World War II v5 1942 2nd edition Map

• I’m not sure if this is the right place but I’m wondering about the optional rules regarding this map.

There are two optional rules, one for sz16 (Black Sea) not being accessible for ships and Raids may be preceded by air battles

For the second rule, there is a map option to check or uncheck this rule but for the first rule (sz16) there is no map option to check/uncheck. This is not a major problem if the game is being played between human players but if AI is your opponent, sometimes the AI will send ships to sz16. How could I tell the game that I’m using the sz16 no ships rule?

• Perfect place to ask this question  :-)

Indeed, there is no coded option. Technically you need to edit the game.xml.

In player versus player games - as you said - pretend you can’t go there with either side.

See this thread:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41472.0

• Thanks for you reply. It was revealing to read the link to another thread regarding the same problem in another map.
    You say that the game xml needs to be edited, so I’m wondering is it something that can be easily done and whether there’s a chance for it to be done by someone? I’m asking as I haven’t a clue to doing the kind of editing you refer to. Ideally it would be something similar to the check/uncheck box as described for the Raids may be preceded by air battles in this map.

• @scousemart:

Ideally it would be something similar to the check/uncheck box as described for the Raids may be preceded by air battles in this map.

That would be the most elegant solution, indeed, but not be a trivial change, as that would need to implement a sort of game logic behind it, AFAIK.

An easier workaround would be to somehow alter the space defintions for that seazone in the map itself (xml), for example:

• include a canal definition for the Dardanelles or
    • define that zone as impassble
      or something like that…

I usually feel challenged to try it out myself when being asked, but real life issues keep me away from offering this to you for a while.

So in the meantime I would recommend you to ask the map-makers on https://forums.triplea-game.org/ for assistance.

Good luck  :-)

• Thanks for getting back to me on this. I’ll post on there. Maybe someone there could also look at implementing a similar change to the other map which also has this optional rule. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m