18L Arathorn Axis vs Gamerman01 Allies BM3

• '19 '13

New thread. Slow game. No time limits. Advance as time allows.

Good luck, have fun!

• '19 '13

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 7:13:10 AM

• '19 '13

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 bomber; Remaining resources: 18 PUs;

Politics - Germans
                Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                2 bombers moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone

triplea_42201_Ger1.tsvg

• '19 '13

General, I need scramble orders for 110 and 111!

• The British are scrambling everything to 110 and also 111, and even the French are joining them!

This looks like a brilliant G1 - many people dilute the attack on Paris getting greedy for Vichy but you wisely go in with full strength

• '19 '13

@Gamerman01:

The British are scrambling everything to 110 and also 111, and even the French are joining them!

This looks like a brilliant G1 - many people dilute the attack on Paris getting greedy for Vichy but you wisely go in with full strength

Yessir! Rolls are coming!

• '19 '13

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Politics - Germans
                    Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
                British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 110 Sea Zone
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys
                    British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery; French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 2 : 5/20 hits, 6.33 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in France, round 2 : 5/11 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                        1 aaGun owned by the French, 5 infantry owned by the Germans and 4 infantry owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 2 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 3 : 4/15 hits, 5.50 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in France, round 3 : 2/7 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Germans, 2 infantry owned by the French, 1 artillery owned by the British and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 4 : 7/13 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour and 1 fighter in France, round 4 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        2 artilleries owned by the Germans, 1 armour owned by the French, 1 fighter owned by the French and 1 armour owned by the British lost in France
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 6 armour, 1 artillery and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 24
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 artilleries and 7 infantry
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/16 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        5 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Yugoslavia
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 7 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 submarines
                    British defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                        1 transport owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 3 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters; French defend with 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                        Germans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 6/7 hits, 4.17 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 3 fighters in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        1 cruiser owned by the French, 1 cruiser owned by the British, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans, 1 fighter owned by the French, 1 battleship owned by the British and 2 fighters owned by the British lost in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 1 battleship, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 63
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters
                    Casualties for French: 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 bombers, 1 fighter, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the British, 2 submarines owned by the Germans, 1 cruiser owned by the British, 1 battleship owned by the British and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French
                triggerFrenchDestroyPUsGermans: Setting destroysPUs to true for playerAttachment attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                2 tactical_bombers moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                3 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                1 cruiser and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to 113 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser, 2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                3 infantry moved from Poland to Slovakia Hungary
                3 aaGuns, 3 artilleries and 11 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
                1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to Germany

Place Units - Germans
                1 bomber placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 39 PUs; end with 76 PUs
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 81 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 86 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : 3.17
        British : -2.50
        French : 0.00
        Neutral_Allies : 0.33

triplea_42201_Ger1.tsvg

• '19 '13

@Gamerman01:

The British are scrambling everything to 110 and also 111, and even the French are joining them!

It looked really scary after your ftr rolls in 110… but you whiffed with the ships… so your bad scramble-luck continues… unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me.

@Gamerman01:

Thank you! I make it a point to never gamble on France. And as you saw, the first two rounds of rolls for me were potentially very bad, but in the end it went well.

• '15 '14

Unbelievable. Poor gamerman, this is wicked. Twice in a row such a disaster against a scramble, brutal!

• '15 '14

AND 111 went extremely well, too.

I guess I would flip the board already :(

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

Unbelievable. Poor gamerman, this is wicked. Twice in a row such a disaster against a scramble, brutal!

@JDOW:

AND 111 went extremely well, too.

I guess I would flip the board already :(

The dice were definitely hugely in my favour in all of the sz battles.

• I have never, ever seen a ONE ROUND WIPEOUT in both seazones with a full scramble.  You only missed ONCE in each zone.  You went THREE FOR THREE with subs.

That’s stupid and I’m not continuing.  I’ll record a win for you if you want, but I don’t know that you want one for a game where your opponent did nothing but choose a side and make a scramble decision.

So I guess do it again and tell me if you want a win

• '19 '13

@Gamerman01:

@arathorn:

@Gamerman01:

I have never, ever seen a ONE ROUND WIPEOUT in both seazones with a full scramble.  You only missed ONCE in each zone.  You went THREE FOR THREE with subs.

That’s stupid and I’m not continuing.  I’ll record a win for you if you want, but I don’t know that you want one for a game where your opponent did nothing but choose a side and make a scramble decision.

So I guess do it again and tell me if you want a win

It was a pretty bad and messed up round for allies. If you give up here, I don’t want the win. But would a compromise to continue be acceptable?

Say we “undo” the scramble decision in 110, and edit the three ftrs back, and just undamage the BB and put the tactical back, as if the ftrs were never there?

That way you can still whack the BB and sub if you want to on UK1, and you’ll have the ftrs to do with as you please.

Is that an acceptable compromise to continue this one?

Yes, I think so, I agree.  You still have a great position, which you should because you made a good G1 and got great dice, but the game is not destroyed then.  You can quote me in the thread if you want - anyway, yes we can continue with that compromise

We reached a compromise, since having a fun game in good spirits, is more fun than claiming a cheap win after insanely lucky dice.

I’ll make the edit, and repost with.

• '19 '13

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.3

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Politics - Germans

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
                British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 110 Sea Zone
                Battle in France
                    British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery; French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 2 : 5/20 hits, 6.33 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in France, round 2 : 5/11 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                        1 aaGun owned by the French, 5 infantry owned by the Germans and 4 infantry owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 2 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 3 : 4/15 hits, 5.50 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in France, round 3 : 2/7 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Germans, 2 infantry owned by the French, 1 artillery owned by the British and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in France
                        Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 4 : 7/13 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                        French roll dice for 2 armour and 1 fighter in France, round 4 : 2/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        2 artilleries owned by the Germans, 1 armour owned by the French, 1 fighter owned by the French and 1 armour owned by the British lost in France
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 6 armour, 1 artillery and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 24
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                        Germans roll dice for 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 9 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 5/16 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        5 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Yugoslavia
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 7 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 3 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 2 fighters; French defend with 1 cruiser and 1 fighter
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 battleship, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 6/7 hits, 4.17 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 3 fighters in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                        1 cruiser owned by the French, 1 cruiser owned by the British, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans, 1 fighter owned by the French, 1 battleship owned by the British and 2 fighters owned by the British lost in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 1 battleship, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 63
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the British, 2 submarines owned by the Germans, 1 cruiser owned by the British, 1 battleship owned by the British and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French
                triggerFrenchDestroyPUsGermans: Setting destroysPUs to true for playerAttachment attached to French

2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 111 Sea Zone to Western Germany

Place Units - Germans

Turn Complete - Germans
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 81 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 86 PUs
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 110 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 110 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
                EDIT: Adding units owned by British to United Kingdom: 2 fighters
                EDIT: Adding units owned by French to United Kingdom: 1 fighter
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                Turning on Edit Mode
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Western Germany: 2 aaGuns and 2 fighters
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Holland Belgium: 2 aaGuns, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber

triplea_42201_Ger1.tsvg

• '19 '13

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Politics - Germans

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
                Battle in France
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans

Turn Complete - Germans
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 110 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 110 Sea Zone: 1 battleship
                EDIT: Adding units owned by British to United Kingdom: 2 fighters
                EDIT: Adding units owned by French to United Kingdom: 1 fighter
                Turning on Edit Mode
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Western Germany: 2 aaGuns and 2 fighters
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Holland Belgium: 2 aaGuns, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 112 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser and 1 transport
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 113 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser and 1 transport

triplea_42201_Ger1.tsvg

• '19 '13

Edits made. I don’t think I forgot anything. :) Let me know if there is anything :)

• I haven’t forgotten.  There won’t be delays like this between every turn  :-P

I hope you are loving summer as much as I am.  Although if you’re down in Georgia… maybe it’s hotter!

• '19 '13

@Gamerman01:

I haven’t forgotten.  There won’t be delays like this between every turn  :-P

I hope you are loving summer as much as I am.  Although if you’re down in Georgia… maybe it’s hotter!

No worries my friend! It’s hot here indeed. Loving summer though. I will never complain!

• '15 '14

Happy 4th of July gents!

• '19 '13

@JDOW:

Happy 4th of July gents!

Happy 4th Tobias!

Land of the free, home of the brave!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m