• ok, so sorry for posting another question about bidding@@a

I got my AaA a couple months ago, I only played it like 4 times.
    last time we started bidding, ours was that give Japan and Germany additional 21 IPC. (for each of them)

is that too much?

cuz the game ended by the victory of axis, and my brother was so mad cuz he said it was hella unfair.
    I dont know if 21 IPC were too much (I was Japan)

we are not very good, so we still pick the country we want to use, especially when we are teaching new players.

I dont know which edition is mine either, it’s a board game, says:
    “Axis and Allies”
    “control the fate of the world”
    “now includes artillery and destroyer pieces”

sorry I dont know if these information do help or not@@a

but thanks anyway. :-D

• In the 20’s for a TOTAL bid seems to be the range for most folks, at least based on what I have observed here).  It tends higher for a bid that goes all or mostly to Japan, lower for a bid that goes all to Germany.

• so maybe like 11 to Germany and 31 to Japan? (sounds too much for japan huh?)

is bidding actually the rule that’s in the rule book?
    or it was a house rule but since most people think that’s needed…

anyways, thank you la XD"

If you are new to the game, I would suggest NO BIDDING.

Bidding is not part of the Rules.

It is more of a house rule and way to “balance” the game.  BUT, you should learn why you need it, before you start using it.

Do not use bids until you guys play a few more times, then if it seems like the Allies are Always winning start low and work your way up.

Also if your game has Destroyers and Artillary, I’m guessing it is the Revised Edition.

If it is Revised you can go to this Forum for more help, it is right below this one.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=43.0

I’ll move this thread there in a bit.

• I am also new to the game having only been introduced to it late last year; however, the “bidding” rule I have never used in the twelve games I have played since.  The Axis powers come equipped with high salaries, strategic geographical centering, and take their turns at rather advantagous times to both defend against opening Allied attack stratagem and to attack Russia in its fragile early state.

Bidding can only lead to lopsided victory except in the case of a handicap for a less adept player.

Now go take over the world!

• very nice…really :-D

all your advices do help me a lot, thank you very much :lol: :lol:

• @dangerously:

I am also new to the game having only been introduced to it late last year; however, the “bidding” rule I have never used in the twelve games I have played since.  The Axis powers come equipped with high salaries, strategic geographical centering, and take their turns at rather advantagous times to both defend against opening Allied attack stratagem and to attack Russia in its fragile early state.

Bidding can only lead to lopsided victory except in the case of a handicap for a less adept player.

Now go take over the world!

In 2nd edition just follow DM’s instructions… Play without bid’s untill the Allies seems to win all the time… Your assumption is that the Axis are stronger, wich is a common mistake. Just keep playing the game and try to find a way to optimize each country.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m