• Is it possible, or smart? G reenforce baltic fleet (1AC + tranny), skip africa and move med fleet out in atlantic?

• Highly unfeasible. It’s very easy to defend London; Russia can land 2 fighters if they started in Moscow (which is one of the reasons I don’t like putting fighters in Caucasus), the UK can flood itself with 5 inf + 3 tanks, and the US can reinforce with stuff from its transports + airforce.

• Not only that, but Japan has no way of helping Germany out in that effort.  Realy the only way that Japan and germany can work togther to compleate a common goal is to go after the weak and close russa.

• I saw a thread here that advocates uniting the geman fleet in SZ7 on G2. Check out that I like it myself and tend to build a AC on G1 alot. Don’t expect to do anything offensive with the fleet however, the best you can hope for is to delay the flow of allied troops into europe.

Also I would never send the Russian AF to britian.
    I would however send British AF to Russia :) :-)

• i like the threat of a kbf from germany, changes their strategy if only slightly.  i think the real “kbf” is in the form of taking all their cash (africa,india, australia) and haveing them become a relative non-factor. this also can force the usa to spend time/resources recapturing british lands instead of moving on europe.

• I like that idea of a KBF in the sense that your not trying to take the capital itself only trying to wipe out its colonial IPCs.  Germany and japan help each other to take Africa and mideast.  Japan takes india, australia, and new zealand.  Depending on the situation Japan could invade canada and alaska.  All of this and maybe a G1 AC buy could put Britain nearly at the single digits.  Anyone else have some thoughts on this?  Will this leave Russia too strong?  What naval strategy (naval units bought, joining fleets or not,etc…) would you have to have in order to take out almost all of Britains colonys excluding eastern canada and britain itself?

• I’m coming back to an idea I posted about a while ago, which is using all Japanese fighters to defend Egypt on like Round 2. I think this may very well be the key to taking Africa or at least making the Allies put a buttload of troops into Africa.

You may have the question that using all the Japanese fighters may stall their offense, but this is not necessarily true if the Russian player normally retreats to a certain point anyways, so you can compensate by building tanks/artillery, etc.

• It is indeed a very old topic, but I just got intrigued by the possibility to help the Axis hold Africa as soon as J2. The problem is - how do you think it could work?

G1 normally sees an attack on Anglo-Egypt with 1 Arm, 1 Inf, plus whatever forces from the bid , normally 1 extra Arm or Art or 2 Inf, plus the fighters from Balkans, Ukraine and Bomber from Germany (depending on how much AF Germany dedicates to sink the British DD off Egypt and R1, possibly destroying the German Fgt in Ukraine). Not to forget the Arm, Inf from SEU via Trn. Britain can usually retake using 2 Inf from India and 1 Inf from Trans-Jordan, plus the Indian-SZ fighter and Bomber from UK. So on J1 Anglo-Egypt is British, the Jap fighters can’t land there. On J1, japanese fighters can’t land on newly occupied territories (India, eg.), so you would have to bring your CV up, which isn’t neccessarily a good choice, as there should be other things to do for the carrier (and especially the fighters) on J1, depending on the british move. Additionally, no japanese fighter bound for Anglo-Egypt in J2 can take part in any battle in J2, except for India (if UK goes strong for Africa, it has to abandon it, then you don’t need the Fgt anyways), but that reduces Japans offensive capabilities in China or Siberia. Besides, if there actually IS the possibility to land those jap fighters in Egypt on J2 (ie Germany holding it after B2), Germany is out of the worst in Africa anyways. B2 comes before J2, and if Britain doesn’t retake Egypt again on B2 (with Persian Inf that came to Trans-Jordan B1 and South African Inf ferryed to Egypt plus Fgt from CV in SZ34), there is no need for additional japanese fighter-defense in Egypt anyway.

• A KBF delayed for Turn 2 or 3 might work if a careless Brit neglected island defense or bought elsewhere (India factory) or support is away (Russian fighters in Caucasus or Siberia) or suicidal to bring (say if US cannot survive after they bring the 4 land units). It’s more a scare to keep Britain honest than a deadly threat.

• Get your Med BB and Tran to SZ 12 while also building up the Baltic…most players assume an attempted fleet merge or Sea Lion, but your transport can pick up men from Algeria and attack E. US.

Worked for me, ONCE…  :-P

• No intelligent british player will fall for sealion in the early game. The only way is if the game is already pretty much won… or your playing OOB rules.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Better idea.  Set up like you are going to do an invasion of England, but slip around the side and invade Canada instead!

Just about EVERY PLAYER falls for it!  America’s empty, they sent everything to England!  Japan’s invading Asia, but all their forces are pulled out to land in Canada to support the Germans the same round. (Means you can’t go racing through Asia though.)

Works best if you put an Industrial in W. Europe so you can lay down transports in SZ 7 with your fleet.  Really makes England nervous and allows you to race around Africa for a round or two.

• @yamamato456:

I like that idea of a KBF in the sense that your not trying to take the capital itself only trying to wipe out its colonial IPCs.  Germany and japan help each other to take Africa and mideast.  Japan takes india, australia, and new zealand.  Depending on the situation Japan could invade canada and alaska.  All of this and maybe a G1 AC buy could put Britain nearly at the single digits.  Anyone else have some thoughts on this?  Will this leave Russia too strong?  What naval strategy (naval units bought, joining fleets or not,etc…) would you have to have in order to take out almost all of Britains colonys excluding eastern canada and britain itself?

think somewhere similar as you do :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m