Subjective Complaints about AAZ (Zombies are stupid thread)

• Clearly it’s not meant for you. So the obvious solution is to not purchase it and continue to enjoy the game(s) you already have.

• Au contraire, I dont think action cards, like the ones from D-day, have a rational place in A&A. It is first a plastic miniatures war game. Played by people that want to realize a military power fantasy. If you love card games, maybe poker is more your alley ?

Even if the zombie theme missed the major fan base, I belive all evolution is good. In A&A zombies the purchase of units is moved from the start to phase 7. Now you can purchase and mobilize units in one phase, saving time. I also think that phase 8 collecting income should be at the start of phase 7, saving even more time, and avoid doble dipping of contestet territories. Just imagine how much time the casual player spend to calculate what units he may need at the end of the turn. That is taken care of now. The next time thief is the endless swapping of territories defended by 1 inf. The next edition can take care of that by collecting income in phase 7, before you purchase and mobilize. Then we can spend less time on administrating and more time on strategies.

Second, because the majority of casual players are narrow mind, they dont like when the game depart to much from the historical correct path, like a German navy crossing the Suez canal and sailing into the Pacific, even if it did so in WWI, making the majority of players follow a scripted game. They make house rules for Vichy France and collapse of Italy, or make rules to punish a Japanese Tank push to Moscow, even if that is exactly what the Axis should have done to win the war. Of course the players are not aware of this forced thoughts. But my point being, A&A Zombies will set the players free. We know for sure there were never recorded any zombies or UFO’s in the real WWII, so now the A&A game is no longer a re-enactment or simulation of WWII, but a new game with no mental borders or straight jackets.

• @questioneer:

So instead of a grand AA Collectors Edition or maybe an action card expansion or something…

But they did… it’s called “Axis and Allies Anniversary edition”… I suggest you get that instead and be happy.

Between 1941, 1942, Anniversary and Global… I’m not sure where else you can go with a WWII A&A title without repeating yourself beyond Zombies, Aliens or Kaiju…

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

This is like the 8th rage thread about this game can’t you just post one of those instead?

• Thats because only you and one other guy like the zombies. Every thread has people that hate them and i have no idea why. Zombies are great! They need them in every game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

It’s not a matter of liking zombies or not it’s a matter of not having a complete mental breakdown and crying like a 5-year old because mean-old Wizards of the Coast put zombies in a board game.

• The game is not for everyone.  No game ever is. I see it’s purpose as an entry level game to grab a wider audience in a dwindling player base.

Of course, there are always going to be people like…

736.jpg

• How many zombie themed games are out there anyways?  Arent they a bit late to the party I mean Walking Dead is in like Seaosn 8!

• Yes, zombies have had a long run in pop culture.

I was surprised they went with them too.

However, seeing that there is a new movie based in WWII with a  zombie element, there may just be a zombie renaissance in the making.

• I mean compared to Axis and Allies as a whole, they’re are only two AnA Zombies games coming out, one with their own board and that version also gets a free set of cards that can double back on 1942 thus creating a “second” game. I also pitched them the idea to make cards for G40 but they said it will come down to how well Zombies sell.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’m not a super fan of zombies but I do like games. I think the zombie cards add a counter-balance when you have a bad day with the dice. The problem is that everybody is so focused on the theme that you’re all blind to well thought out game mechanics. I’m so sick of the negativity, I’m very tempted to limit subjective (i.e., “zombies are dumb and you’re dumb”) criticisms of the game to one or maybe zero threads.

If you think there is something specifically broken about the map, setup, rules, or mechanics. I want t read about that.

• @djensen:

I’m not a super fan of zombies but I do like games. I think the zombie cards add a counter-balance when you have a bad day with the dice. The problem is that everybody is so focused on the theme that you’re all blind to well thought out game mechanics. I’m so sick of the negativity, I’m very tempted to limit subjective (i.e., “zombies are dumb and you’re dumb”) criticisms of the game to one or maybe zero threads.

If you think there is something specifically broken about the map, setup, rules, or mechanics. I want t read about that.

I do understand how you can be sick of too much negativity, but limits or censorship is never the way to go, and not in the America we know and love. It is less than 10 persons that have posted negative waves on this topic, but because they are spamming, it feels like they are the majority. The best ways to deal with this are either to ignore it, or counter it with facts. When the game is out on the marked and people start playing it, I bet the negativity will disappear. Just hang on, man, and dont ruin this place with censorship.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

DJ and I actually got to see the game (and got to meet each other), I think that’s part of the issue, is prejudging something based on a reflex rather than heading to GenCon and getting to see it yourself.  Part of being a community is being open minded and actually playing together, not just naysaying.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’m not censoring anything. If you have subjective complaints, put them all here in this thread. If you have constructive criticism, start a new thread.

Again, when the newbies arrive to learn more about AAZ and other A&A games, I want them to see a welcoming community. Seeing a bunch of posts of people hating on zombies, might turn people away.

• @djensen:

I’m not censoring anything. If you have subjective complaints, put them all here in this thread. If you have constructive criticism, start a new thread.

Again, when the newbies arrive to learn more about AAZ and other A&A games, I want them to see a welcoming community. Seeing a bunch of posts of people hating on zombies, might turn people away.

You got some strong points here, and I want to change my stand.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m