Subjective Complaints about AAZ (Zombies are stupid thread)

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

This will be the only thread that will allow for subjective complaints about Axis & Allies & Zombies. You don’t have to like zombies, you don’t have to like this game, but if feel the need to by whiny and subjective about it then, you will only be allowed to post it in this thread. This is not free reign to say anything you want, you still need to abide by the forum rules.

• djensen

P.S., for the newcomers, Variance actually changed his mind and will give this game a chance. It’s a little unfortunate that this thread starts with him but it is what it is.

If they go ahead with this thing I am done.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

Don’t quit variance, it’s not worth it. There are things I don’t like about A&A, but I am going to stay and try to make A&A better then what it is. We need input from everyone including you. I personally think that they are making this game in teenagers in mind. A&A probably had a poll on it, and thgis is what they came up with.

• '10

Why? I understand not buying it, but why would you quit? That’s sort of like saying I’d never watch Caddy shack again because I hated Caddy shack 2

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

How does Zombies ruin G40? I can understand not buying Zombies, or even boycotting WOTC out of anger and swearing never to buy a new A&A ever again, but not quitting outright.

At the end of the day, your customized G40 setup that you’ve put countless hours/days into is still there, regardless of whether WOTC “ruins A&A forever” or not.

• It maybe just the principal of it.

Seems ones that are not happy with it is because there disrespecting the armed forces and all the veterans out there. Dont change history that way.

And besides Zombies in WW 2 give me a break. Make a zombie war game on a map that doesnt copy the world map in anyway.
    Make a map like Game of thrones showing citys and what not and then have your own Zombie wars. Build your zombie crap and attack. WE

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@SS:

It maybe just the principal of it.

Seems ones that are not happy with it is because there disrespecting the armed forces and all the veterans out there.

And besides Zombies in WW 2 give me a break. Make a zombie war game on a map that doesnt copy the world map in anyway.
    Make a map like Game of thrones showing citys and what not and then have your own Zombie wars. Build your zombie crap and attack. WE

correct

• I totally agree with all of you, however Vann is right when he says that it’s probably to appeal to the younger crowd.

• All war and military games “disrespect” veterans to varying degrees. (meat shields/canon fodder/cheap to buy for defence/…)
    It is players who do the disrespecting through play.
    A lot of games have introduced zombies into historical context. It is a fad which will continue until the next great fad comes along.

Quitting A&A because of a new game is the wrong approach.
    Not buying this game or future games by WOTC is the correct way.
    You have already bought the games, so WOTC has been supported.
    Now, not buying this will send a better message and not come across as a knee-jerk reaction of an upset person.

On the bright side, WOTC IS including money with this game so maybe they are listening to one of the biggest gripes people have with the A&A line.

• Oh if it is because they disrespect Veterans,well then i would start with:

Let’s Show ALL Veterans some respect!!

You need to be more specific Variance with your fuss against Zombies and all that, imo.
    I will support you Variance, but like a said you need to be more clear where your frustration is coming from.

And NO!
    You don’t NEED to quit triple a b/c of that.
    You’re no good to us dead :wink:.

Remember when you vanished once….

• @Requester45:

I totally agree with all of you, however Vann is right when he says that it’s probably to appeal to the younger crowd.

I am 50 and it appeals to me, man, so dont blame the age.

Oh, and since many of you wont buy it, I will buy 10 copies, just to support WOTC.

Yes, my way to honor and respect the veterans is to buy as many copies of A&A Zombies that I can afford, and store in my basement.

Enough

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

This thing is just plain goofy and incongruous to me, if we’re gonna infuse some pop culture to the game I’ll add Colonel Sherman Potter as a tiptop field surgeon (before he would go on to lead the 4077 later on in Korea) who can save one American infantry per turn. Then of course Colonel Bob Hogan can wreak havoc in Western Germany from his POW camp.

We are talking about a game where you can win World War II as Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan. Is that not disrespectful to the people (civilians and veterans alike) who suffered as a result of their tyranny and gave their lives to wipe them off the face of the earth?

As I said before, I can understand not wanting to buy AAZ or future A&A titles from WOTC over this, but don’t tie AAZ to the games that Larry made. Larry has demonstrated his respect for the veterans of WW2 countless times over the years and it’s absurd to blame him (or his creations) for a game that he likely had nothing to do with.

• @DouchemanMacgee:

We are talking about a game where you can win World War II as Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan. Is that not disrespectful to the people (civilians and veterans alike) who suffered as a result of their tyranny and gave their lives to wipe them off the face of the earth?

As I said before, I can understand not wanting to buy AAZ or future A&A titles from WOTC over this, but don’t tie AAZ to the games that Larry made. Larry has demonstrated his respect for the veterans of WW2 countless times over the years and it’s absurd to blame him (or his creations) for a game that he likely had nothing to do with.

Well said.

• @DouchemanMacgee:

Good point.  Whatever criticisms can be aimed at AAZ, it should be kept in mind that they pertain to AAZ; they don’t retroactively disgrace all the previous A&A games that came before it (including the still-in-print ones that continue to be published and purchased and played and appreciated).  Even the Klingons, who have a cultural tradition along those lines, operate by the principle that a person’s dishonour affects his descendants – for seven generations, as I recall – but not his ancestors.

To me, the worry isn’t the idea that AAZ somehow spoils the previous A&A games; the real worry is what this new game might potentially mean for the future of the A&A franchise.  If AAZ turns out to be a one-off anomaly, I can live with that.  Even better: if AAZ turns out to be the starting point of a new cycle of A&A games being published, and those games are more conventional in nature, then I’d even be prepared to give AAZ qualified credit for being that starting point, regardless of what I might think of the game itself.  But if AAZ turns out to be the first of a whole string of wacky reconceptualizations of A&A, then that would be another story entirely.

• zombie crap and attack

that’s a good name to use

@CWO:

To me, the worry isn’t the idea that AAZ somehow spoils the previous A&A games; the real worry is what this new game might potentially mean for the future of the A&A franchise.  If AAZ turns out to be a one-off anomaly, I can live with that.  Even better: if AAZ turns out to be the starting point of a new cycle of A&A games being published, and those games are more conventional in nature, then I’d even be prepared to give AAZ qualified credit for being that starting point, regardless of what I might think of the game itself.  But if AAZ turns out to be the first of a whole string of wacky reconceptualizations of A&A, then that would be another story entirely.

This is basically my stance, which is why I’ll continue to give the game the benefit of the doubt until we learn more.

However, the the low IPC incomes and small map size from the back of the box do worry me that this game might end up being nothing but…

@Imperious:

zombie crap and attack

• @Imperious:

zombie crap and attack

that’s a good name to use

Thats my Patent lol

• '18 '17 '16

I can tell you right now that I won’t be purchasing this game or making any videos of it. Ever.

I’ve already moved away from A&A recently and this is one of the main reasons why. My Grandfather fought in WW2 and had to live with his extensive injuries from the war for the rest of his life. He told us all a lot of stories from his experiences and I’m damn sure that none of them included zombies. I’m not buying any crap about equating the Axis winning the war in the game being the same as including zombies in the game. Give your head a shake. Germans, Italians, and Japanese people existed then and still do now. Playing a game where you try and see if you can change the outcome of that war theoretically is a challenge that A&A gamers have accepted to further their understanding of a monumental historical event. On the other hand, zombies don’t exist. They never have and never will. They have no place in a historical game of any kind.

That doesn’t mean that there can’t be a game set in the future that includes zombies. Fantasy games can be fun. That’s why it is so pathetic that WOTC chose to put zombies into an existing franchise of games where clearly they aren’t appropriate. How lazy can you get? How greedy can one company possibly be for trying to shove this abomination down A&A player’s throats?

They could have easily invented an board game with mechanics similar to A&A set in a post-apocalyptic world, complete with new sculpts that included conventional weapons and scored a home run with it. Instead they took the lazy way out and threw some zombie sculpts into one of the best historical board games ever made. Shame on them. Shame on any of you gullible people for buying it.

• Grenade… When’s your next Zombie video?

• '18 '17 '16

Instead of doing an unboxing I would be willing to do a box burning of the unopened game. You send me the game and I’ll take it out to my cabin and light it up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m