• yes, it sucks if you attack somewhere with 5 aircarft and you lose three.

• Just losing any amount of aircraft for Germany or Japan is bad enough. This usually never happens since German fighters should always be protected by inf. in a land attack and by subs in a naval battle. A lot of the time you’ll just see ftrs. as a deterant to an attack.

There are a lot of times though (especially in A&A:CD) where transports or AA guns will score an unholy amount of hits on fighters. So be sure to watch out for this.

• Germany and Japan’s 5 fighters are vital. There is no way they could replace them any time soon.

That’s why that one stinkin’ AA gun in karelia is so annoying!

• Yeah, that AA gun in Kerilia is a real killer. In this one A&A game I played (and this was in the CD version), I [Germany] lost 3 out of 4 fighters (along with my only bomber) due to AA gun hits! After that battle (which I was defeated on all turns), I refrain from placing my Luftwaffe in any unnecessary danger.

Never before have we had so little time in which to do so much

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-03-30 21:53 ]

• What if you move the AA gun in Karelia out? I assume you can’t move the gun on your Non Com move the turn you take Karelia (though that’d be cool if you could!), but if Karelia were untenable after a round or 2 you could move the AA gun back to Eastern Europe where it’d do you a lot of good and the Russians none…

Ozone27

• that’s what i do, but usually russia can muster a good counter attack.

you seem damned if you don’t use aircraft on the attack against karelia, thous extra 3 and 4s or lesses do a lot.

• I would say hitting Kerilia with ftrs. is a must since you can still fly all the way from Western Europe to your target. But in the CD-ROm game, I’ll just make sure I won’t.

• you got a major grudge against that game!

i guess they wanted to “balance” it.

• Balance it!? Yeah like the Germans don’t have any other problems the way it is. Oh well at least when the play A&A:CD I see the Russians getting screwed a lot. I swear Russian inf. can’t defend for carp.

• BMRs are better used as part of a INF/ARM/FTR land attack…especislly where there are no AAGs. However, as stated previously, the Allies can afford to lose BMRs in more SBR scenarios than the Axis(BUT, a combined Axis SBR bombing of Russia is ideal!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m