• '20 '19 '18

Playing G40 vs AI, I just noticed that US movement to Greenland while neutral is not allowed. Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but I thought I’d mention it, as it completely nuked my “Fortress Greenland” strategy.  :-D

• @The:

Playing G40 vs AI, I just noticed that US movement to Greenland while neutral is not allowed. Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but I thought I’d mention it, as it completely nuked my “Fortress Greenland” strategy.  :-D

It’s a bug, indeed.

@rulebook:

While not at war with Germany or Italy, the United States may end the movement of its sea units on the Europe map only in sea
    zones that are adjacent to U.S. territories
    , with one exception: U.S. warships (not transports) may also conduct long-range
    patrols into sea zone 102.

SZ 121 is adjacent to Greenland (being a US territory). So the US should be allowed to end movement of its sea units there.

Players should use edit mode to enforce this move (until this gets fixed).

Thank you for pointing it out. :-)

• '20 '19 '18

Happy to help!

• '17 '16 '15

Might be engine related. From the global xml:

125 Sea Zone:111 Sea Zone:119 Sea Zone:109 Sea Zone:104 Sea Zone:91 Sea Zone:87 Sea Zone:83 Sea Zone:70 Sea Zone:71 Sea Zone:72 Sea Zone:76 Sea Zone:80 Sea Zone:79 Sea Zone

Americans in Alpha +3 are not allowed to end their movement in:
    Europe board: any sea zone not touching an American territory, plus 102 sz
    TODO: We need to disallow a movement ending in a territory
    TODO: Currently we disallow any movement into, instead of just disallowing the ending of movement in.  So, for example, SZ 106 and 116 could be moved into on the way to 121.
    65 Sea Zone:66 Sea Zone:85 Sea Zone:86 Sea Zone:88 Sea Zone:90 Sea Zone:103 Sea Zone:106 Sea Zone:107 Sea Zone:116 Sea Zone:117 Sea Zone:120 Sea Zone:122 Sea Zone
    Pacific board: any sea zone touching a Japanese controlled territory
    TODO: Currently we disallow any movement into, instead of just disallowing the ending of movement in.  So, for example, SZ 17, 22, 32, 33, 34, and 37 could all be moved through on the way to another territory.
    TODO: Currently we have a “set list” of territories. Obviously if Japan conquers more territories, then this list should expand, but it doesn’t yet.
    6 Sea Zone:17 Sea Zone:19 Sea Zone:20 Sea Zone:22 Sea Zone:32 Sea Zone:34 Sea Zone:33 Sea Zone:36 Sea Zone:37 Sea Zone

Maybe Veqryn just didn’t do it or maybe it can be done now. Idk

• Good find!

Those interested in the issue can track it here:

https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/3410

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m