GW36 Exploit - The Rabid Bear Exploit -

• The Rabid Bear Exploit

Greetings Gentlemen,

I’m not going to write this one as a post. Have a look at the attached PDF file.

Cheers!

~ Jinx
    The Rabid Bear Exploit.pdf

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• I’ve written up the Monroe doctrine exploit and will post it next.
    But Munck, according to the American reference sheet, and history, Monroe doctrine only applies to South and Central America

• @Jinx1527:

But Munck, according to the American reference sheet, and history, Monroe doctrine only applies to South and Central America

I know. But “Western Hemisphere” is explicitly mentioned on the ref. card., so  :? :? :?

• @Munck:

@Jinx1527:

I know. But “Western Hemisphere” is explicitly mentioned on the ref. card., so  :? :? :?

Hmmm, honestly, I cant quite see where you are referring too. On the USA I see the reference sheet on Monroe doctrine refer to just the Americas.

• '17

Agree with munck on this one. If Russia wants to lose or just sacrifice itself for the allies try this out. I take neutrals as Russia so the allies can’t get them. I’ll also attack Vichy so French don’t get their land back later. I don’t want France liberated fast I want it to be a slow attrition so Russia can take more land somewhere else while the other guys are distracted.

Russia is separate from the allies!!!
    They only have the same enemy. It’s a 3 player game!!

• @Rank:

Agree with munck on this one. If Russia wants to lose or just sacrifice itself for the allies try this out. I take neutrals as Russia so the allies can’t get them. I’ll also attack Vichy so French don’t get their land back later. I don’t want France liberated fast I want it to be a slow attrition so Russia can take more land somewhere else while the other guys are distracted.

Russia is separate from the allies!!!
    They only have the same enemy. It’s a 3 player game!!

It is separate; but the Soviet’s natural enemy is Central Europe, and an enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    If the Soviet’s are being oppressed and pushed hard and need a second front opened, the Soviet’s declaring war on suitable target that the allies could capture.
    Spain or Portugal, Greece or Yugoslavia, Holland, Belgium and Denmark, all out of reach of the Soviet’s, and all landing pads for the allies to open a second front.
    Directly it does not add, or take away victory points, its purpose is to allow the allies to open a front, to land troops, or acquire IPP’s.

Look at Portugal, if Spain is axis aligned, and the Americans need to land, Portugal is an option, if Spain is neutral, Soviet’s go to war against them, flip them to axis, but before Germany or Spain could react, the Allies land in Barcelona and Asturia-Valencia, locking the Iberian peninsula down and having an immediate front line in Europe in good defensive terrain.

It takes axis pressure off of the Soviets, and gives them breathing room.

• '17

Ahh I see your point. It’s possible to play that way. I’m also agreeing with your exploitation of the rules point. Usually Russia is too far, or missing the right units (transports) to get this done. But it’s possible.

I still find the idea interesting Jinx. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on strategies.

• Another good reason too as the Comintern is to let the Allies gain a foothold against the Axis. The Allies cannot invade the Axis territories and leave a reserve army in their own territory. Thus as the Comintern, put enough pressure to make the Axis 50/50 against you and the Allies and then proceed to smash the neutrals neither side can gain and thus you can put yourself in such a strange position that you can invade Africa and India right when you need to. V3 makes this even easier as in V3, right at July of 39, the Comintern can declare war on anyone.

• @Caesar-Seriona In V-3 the Allies can declare war on the Commintern if they conquer a territory that is not adjacent to their Home Country. They don’t have to do it immediately, they can wait until the time is right for them. They can also declare war on the Commies if they liberate an Allied territory but refuse to hand it back to it’s original owner. It’s easier in V-3 for both sides to declare war on each other.

• @GeneralHandGrenade Sure but as I said, in every Axis and Allies game and so far in every single HBG. It is next to impossible to mass an army against your enemy and still leave a reserve army if your enemy is playing good. Obviously this happens if your enemy is defeated or near it. Hence why as the Comintern, I found it’s incredibly easy to just fight the European Axis and still able to expand elsewhere. The Allies are basically forced to deal with one or the other but not both.

• @GeneralHandGrenade Interesting GHG. So I understand correctly, you’re saying that if the USSR attacks Norway (assuming here they’ve conquered Finland), the Allies could declare war on them at any point since Norway doesn’t directly border original USSR Home Country?

That definitely does add a lot more potential for conflict. I wonder how much that might negatively affect the Comintern from possibly winning?

• @Chris_Henry Within the V3 rule set, the Allies have a limited requirement needed to be filled in order to start the war with USSR. That requirement is neutral conquest of a nation that doesn’t border the USSR home territory which means that USSR is free to conquer Finland, the Baltic States, Poland, Romania, Mongolia, Afganistan, Iran, and Turkey without pissing off the Allies.

• @Caesar-Seriona Thanks, so the same situation I laid out above then. Just wanted to be sure I understood correctly!

Interesting, that definitely changes the game a bit. The USSR would have a hard time getting all their VC’s without expanding further than bordering their home country. Hell, They can’t even have all the Molotov-Ribbentrop territory without triggering war with the Allies then. Lithuania does not border USSR home country, so by taking that they’d trigger the ability for war between them and the US. Is Lithuania being made an exception to this rule?

• @Chris_Henry The non aggression pact negates is to reflect the real life situation where the Allies magically ignored USSR invading Poland even though it would allow the Allies to do so in real life since they declared Polish freedom from foreign invasions. Second, The Baltic States are treated as one nation when it comes to political influence. I’m not sure why this is but it is.

• @Caesar-Seriona Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea that was the case. I assumed Lithuania would be separate from that. Well, that makes my post above mute on that point then. I hadn’t thought of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact as negating the Allied ability to declare war on the overall rules, but I would agree with what you say, even if that meant having to house rule it to be that way if that’s not what they intended!

• @Chris_Henry Yeah there is a lot of in game rules that allow you some freedom if you know what to do. I want to point out that Lithuania doesn’t touch Soviet territory however if you play with the diplomacy expansion, it treats the Baltic States as one nation and until the Soviet-German Pact, it also treats the Baltic States as one nation so I am making the assumption that Lithuania doesn’t count under V3 requirements but you might find some player who would argue against this.

• @Caesar-Seriona I agree! A lot is open to interpretation (whether intentional or not haha). I haven’t used the Diplomacy expansion at all, but thanks for pointing that out. I’m with you, I’d have to imagine that’s the case for the game overall too. Will definitely play it that way.

• @Chris_Henry Yeah and you might be back lash as Lithuania is the only Baltic Nation that has income.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m