L18 G40 2nd Edit Me1945(Axs) vs Simon (Allies + 25)

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 1 destroyer, 6 fighters and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                2 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 91 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 101 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 91 Sea Zone to 104 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to 110 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from 91 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 25 Sea Zone to Japan
                2 bombers moved from Midway to Japan
                1 carrier and 1 destroyer moved from 25 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Midway to Japan
                1 fighter moved from Midway to 6 Sea Zone
                1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry, 4 submarines and 1 transport moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                      Americans take 22 Sea Zone from Japanese
                      Americans take 17 Sea Zone from Japanese
                1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan

Combat - Americans
                Battle in Gibraltar
                    Americans attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Italians defend with 1 artillery, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Gibraltar, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        Italians roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Gibraltar, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Gibraltar
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery in Gibraltar, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Italians roll dice for 1 artillery in Gibraltar, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        1 artillery owned by the Americans and 1 artillery owned by the Italians lost in Gibraltar
                    Italians win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Italians: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Battle in 6 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 1 fighter, 4 submarines and 1 transport
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                        Americans roll dice for 4 submarines in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 6 Sea Zone
                    Americans win, taking 6 Sea Zone from Japanese with 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 1 fighter, 4 submarines and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer
                Battle in Japan
                    Americans attack with 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese defend with 3 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 1 factory_major, 4 fighters, 1 harbour and 4 infantry
                        AA fire in Japan : 2/7 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                        2 fighters owned by the Americans lost in Japan
                        Americans roll dice for 2 bombers, 2 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Japan, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 3 aaGuns, 4 fighters and 4 infantry in Japan, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Japanese, 3 aaGuns owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Americans, 1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans lost in Japan
                        Americans roll dice for 2 bombers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in Japan, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 4 fighters and 2 infantry in Japan, round 3 : 4/6 hits, 3.33 expected hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 2 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Americans, 1 fighter owned by the Americans and 2 bombers owned by the Americans lost in Japan
                    Japanese win with 3 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is -45
                    Casualties for Americans: 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for Japanese: 3 aaGuns, 1 fighter and 4 infantry

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : 1.00
        Americans : 4.83
        AA fire in Japan : : 0.83
        Japanese : 0.33

triplea_41943_Ame6.tsvg

• '19 '17 '16

@Me1945:

Well simon,
    Now Allies are thinking whether to lose India next turn or get Moscow captured in a turn. Whatever they decide and, even if Tokyo falls right away, Axis meets victory conditions in Europe by round 11 as maximum. I assume a dice goes for me normalized @75%  as calc suggests.
    That is my view. Teach me how to save the game and show what point(s) I am missing.

The only part of that I don’t agree with is that I can’t see any way that India can be saved, although it can be reclaimed. Perhaps that is what you meant. Moscow’s fall would be delayed by some UK fighters coming up but by round 11 you will have enough, I’m sure. It is very difficult when Taranto fails.

Ok, I have rolled the USA dice (assuming no kamikaze or scrambles) and 3 fighters remain on Tokyo. ANZAC won’t be able to take it and you’ve won.

I don’t really understand how USA can attack both Italy/Mediterranean and Japan in this game (G40). I have to agree with you that 25 is not really enough for the allies, although I had been wanting to try the Yunnan stack strategy for a while.

Thanks for the game! I’ll post your result.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

OK. Good luck in your other games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m