G4018L Farmboy Allies vs Karl7 Axis +4

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

And there we have it. Congratulations on the win. I’ll post now and look forward to a rematch down the road.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@farmboy:

And there we have it. Congratulations on the win. I’ll post now and look forward to a rematch down the road.

Yes, that was the most fun/maddening game I’ve played in years!

ahahah

I think if you had retreated to NSW and stacked Hawaii, you have had the extra turn you needed to get Berlin.  Oh well.

GG

wow, talk about shitty final battle:

Germans : -11.67
        Russians : -4.83

:roll:

For sure. I may still have been able to hold both as I had overkill in Queensland but NSW would have been the smarter move.  I noticed the bombers on solomon Islands late (why I wanted to adjust some fighters) but never thought about the fighters there or the land units on New Zealand. Sigh.

@Karl7:

@farmboy:

Yes, that was the most fun/maddening game I’ve played in years!

ahahah

I think if you had retreated to NSW and stacked Hawaii, you have had the extra turn you needed to get Berlin.  Oh well.

GG

I am surprised how well the US could hold in the Pac.  There was never anyway I could get Hawaii straight on even with full commitment.  The only way to break your defense was to force you to split up or just hit Hawaii again and again.  I decided the former was the only way as the latter could backfire.  I hit Hawaii to reduce you but don’t do well and you counter by sinking my fleet.  Ugh, that would have been terrible.

You had gotten berlin, OMG.

This game would have gone on and on… I am not sure if Japan could have take over the world. You’d have the money edge with Germany gone.  Maybe I could have gotten Sydney for the 7th VC.  I probably could have blocked you from land US fighters down there.  But you would have started building ships…

If I had held on to Sidney and you got Hawaii, I think you still would have won since your fleet would be between the US and your final target. Had I done what you suggested and held on to Hawaii, then it would have been much more difficult for you to get Hawaii quickly. And then with the economic advantage I would have had I think I would have had a good chance of either holding Hawaii or getting India before you could take it.

Had I been able to wait one more turn, I had a good shot at getting Berlin. The odds were not certain but I roughly estimated that I could have about 70% with the Soviets.

A painful way to lose when you just misjudge things that should have been clear. But you deserved to win and I would have felt a bit cheap winning just because you didn’t see that I could hit your transports with my bomber in that earlier round.

@farmboy:

If I had held on to Sidney and you got Hawaii, I think you still would have won since your fleet would be between the US and your final target. Had I done what you suggested and held on to Hawaii, then it would have been much more difficult for you to get Hawaii quickly. And then with the economic advantage I would have had I think I would have had a good chance of either holding Hawaii or getting India before you could take it.

Had I been able to wait one more turn, I had a good shot at getting Berlin. The odds were not certain but I roughly estimated that I could have about 70% with the Soviets.

A painful way to lose when you just misjudge things that should have been clear. But you deserved to win and I would have felt a bit cheap winning just because you didn’t see that I could hit your transports with my bomber in that earlier round.

ha haha… all is fair in A&A!

• '15 '14

Great game gents, thanks for dragging it out, fun to watch!

No problem JDOW and thanks for your commentary.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m