• I’m in the middle of playing G40 as Russia, and I’m in a bad situation. It’s turn 3, and things are falling apart. Germany has:

5 infantry, 1 artillery in Karelia
    1 tac bomber, 1 fighter in Finland
    1 infantry, 1 mech in Bessarabia
    4 mechs, 6 tanks in Ukraine
    8 tanks in Baltic States
    22 infantry, 3 tanks in Eastern Poland
    4 artillery, 2 fighters in Poland
    4 infantry, 1 fighter in Romania
    5 strat bombers, 5 artillery in Berlin

Japan declared war on me turn 1, and now has

1 tank and 1 mech in Yakut SSR
    1 infantry in Soviet Far East
    1 artillery in Siberia
    1 artillery in Ulanbaatar
    1 infantry and 1 artillery in Central Mongolia
    1 tac. bomber in Amur
    They also control Buyant-Uhaa and Buryatia

As for me, I have:

3 infantry in Vyborg
    2 infantry, 4 artillery, 1 fighter, and 2 AAA in Leningrad. My IC there also has 4 points of damage.
    6 infantry and 1 AAA (en route to Leningrad when the Germans attacked) in Belarus
    1 AAA in Bryansk (en route to Ukraine when the Germans attacked)
    6 infantry, 1 artillery in W.Ukraine
    3 artillery in Stalingrad
    7 infantry in Samara
    4 Mongolian infantry in Dzhvan
    I also have 2 infantry, 2 mechs, 2 tanks, and an artillery in Szechwan, which I sent in R1 to help the Chinese.

I’ve got 29 IPCs to spend, what should I do/buy? I know that I should recall my units in China, and think I should buy infantry. Am I close? I’d love your help!

• '19 '17 '16

Hit Finland! Two undefended planes are there.

Evacuate Leningrad. Those troops are in danger of being cut off. It may be too late already.

• You should consider attacking Baltic States, they don’t have much else tank-wise on the eastern front besides what is in that territory. Maybe use the stuff in Leningrad that has been cut off.

• Where is your other FTR and Tac ?

Pray that there are no Italian can openers that can kill and open Bryansk.

Kill the 8 Tanks in Baltic states with all your Leningrad Land and Belarus Land (10 Inf+ 4 Art). It will be close. But killing this stack will be your first best bet  of survival.

Kill the Finland planes with 3 Inf in Vyborg and FTR.
    Land FTR in Archangel or Nenetsia

All Samara and Stalingrad (have no idea why you have 3 ART in Stalingrad)
    Go to Tambov… next to Moscow.

You can go aggressive defense buying 4 Tanks and Mech and kill the Ukraine Force which is your first concern.

The bigger headache is the E. Poland troops joining the Karelia forces and converging on Moscow 3 turns later.

There are lots of unknowns as US fleet strength in Pac and Atlantic… UK strength in Middle East… etc…

Fight on!

• Buy can also be 5 Art + Inf + Tank

• Russia cannot defend itself alone against a deliberate coordinated attack from all 3 axis powers. Having around 30 income facing over 100 combined you’ll lose the war. You need to get the other allied forces involved. British fighter planes can help defend Moscow and pick off stray units. America can make landings in Europe or the Med.

What Russia can do is make the war costly for the Axis. The isolated tanks and aircraft are worth attacking because they cost more to replace than your infantry.

Considering your opponent has 5 strat bombers it’s a safe bet they will use them against Moscow given the opportunity. Therefore you should consider getting fighter planes in Moscow to protect your factory and maybe even 1 aa gun which will defend better against than only infantry.

• It seems like your best move is to abandon all territory and move everything to Moscow and request any help from your allies that can get their fighters to Moscow.

• @simon33:

Hit Finland! Two undefended planes are there.

Evacuate Leningrad. Those troops are in danger of being cut off. It may be too late already.

Done. Cost me plenty of infantry, but took it. Withdrew my Leningrad troops to Archangel, and my China troops are now in Sikang and Kazakhstan. Built 9 infantry in Moscow. I’ve lost the whole Pacific map, so I’m now down to 28 per turn (excluding +5 for Finland), but am holding Novosibirsk in the east, Archangel in the west, and Tambov in the south (I abandoned Stalingrad). Japan seems to be disinterested in going to Moscow, so the heat seems to be coming off a bit now. However, I’m still pretty weak (only 1 inf in Finland), the Japanese can easily take Kazakhstan if they so choose (having killed China), and same goes for Novrosibirsik and Urals. Germany has taken Leningrad and Stalingrad, and has large forces in both. However, the Americans have done D-Day and Torch, so there are a lot less forces on my front than before.

• @MeinHerr:

Pray that there are no Italian can openers that can kill and open Bryansk.

Thankfully, there aren’t. Britain moved the Malta troops to activate Greece (killing the destroyer with the Malta fighter), and so cost Italy Albania. This forced Italy to quickly kill Yugoslavia to prevent a 10 infantry stack, so they didn’t have the time/resources to have a can-opener in place by turn 3. Plus, the Allies had VERY good die-rolls in Africa, taking Tobruk and holding the Sudan. Then, the Americans did Torch, and that cost Italy control over Africa. Now, Italy has to buy land units to hold Northern and Southern Italy, plus Southern France and Yugoslavia. They did scrape together three mechs, which they moved to East Poland, but that’s it.

• @KGrimB:

Russia cannot defend itself alone against a deliberate coordinated attack from all 3 axis powers. Having around 30 income facing over 100 combined you�ll lose the war. You need to get the other allied forces involved. British fighter planes can help defend Moscow and pick off stray units. America can make landings in Europe or the Med.

What Russia can do is make the war costly for the Axis. The isolated tanks and aircraft are worth attacking because they cost more to replace than your infantry.

Considering your opponent has 5 strat bombers it�s a safe bet they will use them against Moscow given the opportunity. Therefore you should consider getting fighter planes in Moscow to protect your factory and maybe even 1 aa gun which will defend better against than only infantry.

Yep. Americans took Normandy and did Torch. The British player very nicely flew 4 fighters (saved up over several turns), to Kazakstan from Burma, so they’ll be in Moscow next turn. The British are also in the long process of non-combatting their AAA in India to Moscow, but they won’t get there in time to do anything. I will send the AAA I evacuated from Leningrad to Moscow as well.

• Did you attack the 8 undefended tanks in Baltic States?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m