Can you land fighters on a Friendly Neutral converted on the same turn?

• '19 '17 '16

Hello, all:

OK, it’s round one.  UK sends a transport to Greece on the non-combat move making it British. UK then also land fighters on Greece.

I was under the impression planes couldn’t land the same round.  The rulebook seems to confirm that, but I’ve been wrong before.

Can anyone definitively confirm one way or the other?

Thanks.

• '17

I agree with that the rule book says you can’t; while it specifically states the DEI exception to the rule.  Even though I could quote the rule book all day, only the official rules people can definitely “confirm.”

• @StuckTojo:

OK, it’s round one.  UK sends a transport to Greece on the non-combat move making it British. UK then also land fighters on Greece.

I was under the impression planes couldn’t land the same round.  The rulebook seems to confirm that, but I’ve been wrong before.

@Ichabod:

I agree with that the rule book says you can’t…

Both of you are correct:

@rulebook:

Phase 4: Noncombat Move

Where Units Can Move

Air Units: An air unit must end its move in an eligible
    landing space. Air units can land in any territory that
    was friendly (but not friendly neutral) at the start of the
    current turn.

HTH :-)

• '19 '17 '16

One exception: If the Friendly Neutral has been attacked by the opposite side already. Then it doesn’t need to be converted for you to land planes on it.

In the Greece UK1 example, that would require Germany to send a plane to attack it.

• @simon33:

One exception: If the Friendly Neutral has been attacked by the opposite side already. Then it doesn’t need to be converted for you to land planes on it.

In the Greece UK1 example, that would require Germany to send a plane to attack it.

By that German attack Greece would immediately join the Allies.
    UK could then land a plane in Greece already being a friendly territory, as allowed by the quoted rule, too.

• '19 '17 '16

Thanks for the replies everyone.

As it happens, there was some confusion about when the planes actually landed, so it turns out both my opponent and I were correct in a sense.

The UK planes actually landed on Greece during Italy’s turn after an adjacent UK carrier was damaged, so the move was legal after all.

My bad for incorrectly believing the planes landed on Greece during the UK turn, and neither of us realized what the other was talking about.  :-D

Good to see our fellow AAAers always ready to help out with good answers, though, so thanks again all.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m