Resupplying carrier during movement phase?

• Hi,

Maybe a dumb question but me and my friends were playing today and we had an argument whether or not you were allowed to resupply your carriers with fighters in the non combat movement phase with fighters from other territories, if the carrier has lost its aircraft during a battle in the combat phase?

I argue that you can but they argue teh carrier have already been designated as landing spots for the fighters that died during the combat phase and that you cannot land aircraft in a zone you did not control from the beginning of the turn (including sea zone)

I have looked in the rule book and cannot find why you should not be able to land on empty carriers during the movement phase, since territory control as I understand it is only considering land and during movement phase you should be able to land if there is an eligible spot to land when you complete the movement phase.

Thanks, Ruckus

• @Ruckus:

Hi,

Maybe a dumb question but me and my friends were playing today and we had an argument whether or not you were allowed to resupply your carriers with fighters in the non combat movement phase with fighters from other territories, if the carrier has lost its aircraft during a battle in the combat phase?

I argue that you can but they argue teh carrier have already been designated as landing spots for the fighters that died during the combat phase and that you cannot land aircraft in a zone you did not control from the beginning of the turn (including sea zone)

I have looked in the rule book and cannot find why you should not be able to land on empty carriers during the movement phase, since territory control as I understand it is only considering land and during movement phase you should be able to land if there is an eligible spot to land when you complete the movement phase.

Thanks, Ruckus

The answer is yes you can move fighters to a carrier with a open slot if it just lost or moved the fighters in combat. As long as the fighter can legally move and can reach the spot where the carrier is, it’s legal.

• Thanks!

• Yes, this usually get abused by the Allies since they have more aircraft and more carriers to move around, sometimes I will let US carriers just carry a single plane so ANZAC and UK can launch raids on weak targets to have a place to land.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@Caesar:

Yes, this usually get abused by the Allies since they have more aircraft and more carriers to move around, sometimes I will let US carriers just carry a single plane so ANZAC and UK can launch raids on weak targets to have a place to land.

Or worst, have 1 anzac, Uk plane on a US carrier, carrier moves 2 spaces in non combat plane can safely attack 4 spaces away.
    You really sure those transports are safe because of your blockers?

Carriers are awesome like that, it’s one the reason why I build the Graf Zeppelin on G1 just encase I sent the Kreigsmarine to back up the Italians.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m