• if west india is a part of uk india  then only india can build an ic  and build there? seems obvious but other posts seem to indicate other.

• sorry was trying to post to Q&A

• '17 '16 '15

That’s ok. It’s a global 40 question and you’re in global 40 : ) Some may disagree but I wouldn’t sweat it : )

You are correct in your assumption (either that or we’re both wrong heh heh). Do you have any examples of posts that imply otherwise ?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Correct, only UK India may build an IC in West India because that territory belongs to UK India and not UK Europe.  However if UK India is under Axis control and an Axis Power captured West India and, for example, the US retook West India so it was now owned by the US then the US Player would be able to build an IC there.

• Correct, its on pages 34 and 35 in the Rulebook, one power, two economies. I hate this kind of special rules, its so lame. You dont see USA being one power, two economies, even if they too are on both maps. Or French Indo China being a separate economy, being on the Pacific map. Neither is Russia. And its all about balance. Now if UK was one economy, nobody would spend a dime on India, but all $ 45 in UK, now that a lot of battleships and carriers and Heavy bombers in UK, Germany would lose every time. So, thats the reason, I figure……

• '17

@Narvik:

Now if UK was one economy, nobody would spend a dime on India, but all $ 45 in UK, now that a lot of battleships and carriers and Heavy bombers in UK, Germany would lose every time. So, thats the reason, I figure……

Disagree. I’d drop a ton of troops on India on round 2/3. Its secured for the game. Then spend in Europe.

If India is captured and so is w. India, it doesn’t make sense to me that the separate economy which acts like a separate power than cant capture w. India and use it, but all of the other allies can.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

One possible compromise for a combined UK economy would be to downgrade the Calcutta IC to a minor. The UK would then have the option of building a minor in West India the first turn for possible reinforcement of the area. While the UK could go all-in on a London defense early to shut down Sea Lion it would come at the expense of Calcutta units.

• @General:

One possible compromise for a combined UK economy would be to downgrade the Calcutta IC to a minor. The UK would then have the option of building a minor in West India the first turn for possible reinforcement of the area. While the UK could go all-in on a London defense early to shut down Sea Lion it would come at the expense of Calcutta units.

That’s a good idea, come to think of it!

• '17

Horrible idea. India falls too easy as it is. If on UK1 India could only drop 3 units rather than a defensive purchase of 3 infantry / 2 artillery, than they’re already 2 units less. If no J1, than India might get to drop 7 infantry if they took a money island.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

The combined UK economy could always upgrade the Calcutta minor, like a tax on 1st turn purchases to prevent radical changes to first turn moves. The important thing is the UK Pacific economy wouldn’t collapse if Calcutta fell.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m