• '18 '17 '16

No, because your units have already moved into there on combat movement. Only the planes would be allowed to leave.

• '22 '16

If you destroy all the units in a territory you have to occupy it with all the ground units you used in the attack.  You can only retreat after a defender rolls for defense and they have units left.

• The best way to learn G40, assuming that you don’t have a highly experienced person in your area, is to download TripleA on your computer.  Playing against the AI a few times will answer many of these questions that are difficult to figure out just by reading the rule books.  Otherwise there are way too many situational questions that are nearly impossible to figure out on your own.

• '19 '17 '16

Or play a league game, probably against a low tier opponent.

• '19 '18 '17

I have learned the most by playing a league game.  I have played two now - 1st against Gargantua and learned a lot.  2nd game against Snigg and learned even more.  Both were very patient with me when asking questions and when i made mistakes.  This is what i suggest you do also… There are way too many rules questions that come up in a game. In a league game you can take your time, ask questions and easily learn from your mistakes.  It is also a lot more fun that way instead of trying to crunch through a game in a few hours and then learn bad habits because of not understanding the rules.

• @majikforce:

If you destroy all the units in a territory you have to occupy it with all the ground units you used in the attack.  You can only retreat after a defender rolls for defense and they have units left.

Thanx Majikforce
    This is exactly the precision i needed to understand perfectly.

• Strafing attacks, and how to master them, was quintessencial in Dons Essays. You need to protect your big stack with an umbrella of dead zones.

The best way to do a strafe attack is with a few infantry as fodder, and a strong airforce to do the killing. You need to predict, by doing some math, how many kills the defender is likely do do, and then adjust your infantry fodder to cover the kills, and your heavy hitters to kill exactly the numbers of casualties you want to inflict on the defender.

Strafe attacks can be done in 3 ways.

Hit and run, kill the big enemy stack but let one defender survive, so you can retreat your surviving units.

Hit and run used in a tricky way to give your infantry an extra free move. Attack space B with a huge infantry stack from space A and one unit from space C, make sure one defender survive, and retreat all your surviving units into space C. One free move for the slow infantry. This is a legal move, you can retreat all your units to a friendly space from which some of the combat moves startet, even if it dont feel right, or fair.

Take the territory with one surviving infantry. This is the best way, you gain the income and your unit will block enemy Blitzes. If a territory is occupied by one enemy infantry, then you attack with one or two infantry and some fighters.

Now, some poor players complain about this, and want to play Low Luck, or make house rules that take the risk out of strafe attacks. That is not cool, man. The game is designed this way to make it fun and challenging. It is better to learn to play the game, in the gamey way it was supposed to be played, than to house rule out the luck.

Hope this was helpful, man. Now, gimme a like  :-D

• Thanx a lot Narvik!

This is great stuff. Easy to understand  :evil:

This summaryse what i think with all games… “learn the rules” or don’t bother to play at all!

Cheers

• …and a + to you, sir  :-)

• By the way, if you want to read Don Rae’s excellent essays about winning in Classic A&A, they are still available online.

You can find them here: http://donsessays.freeservers.com/axisand.htm.

And now you can learn for yourself.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m