• Hi, it’s been a while since I’ve posted,(I’ve neen sick with the flu and pneumonia), I want clarification on plane takeoff and landing. Example: If Germany has a fighter in western Europe, can it attack the United Kingdom according to the no stranded fighters rule?

THANKS!

• @Topmat:

Hi, it’s been a while since I’ve posted,(I’ve neen sick with the flu and pneumonia), I want clarification on plane takeoff and landing. Example: If Germany has a fighter in western Europe, can it attack the United Kingdom according to the no stranded fighters rule?

In A&A 1941, a fighter has a range of 4. A legal move for the fighter would be to move in combat movement from Western Europe for Sea Zone 6, 7, or 8 (all are legal moves from Western Europe in 1941) for a move of 1 and then to move from Sea Zone 6, 7, or 8 to the United Kingdom for a move of 2. After combat in the United Kingdom, assuming the fighter survives combat, it gets the rest of its 4 movement (2, in this case) to complete non-combat movement. In this case, the fighter could move from the United Kingdom to Sea Zone 6, 7, or 8 (all are legal moves from the United Kingdom in 1941) for a move of 3 and then move from Sea Zone 6 to Norway/Finland (assuming Germany still held Norway/Finland) or from Sea Zone 7 or 8 to Western Europe for a move of 4.

This series of movements would take a fighter as far as it could go but would all be legal in 1941.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Thanks Midnight_Reaper this clears up the question. (Sorry I didn’t get back sooner, but I actually forgot that I had posted this question.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m