What's the one piece you think was missing from OOB?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Narvik:

Greece had the Metaxa line, making the Italian army lose that campaign

Actually, the Metaxas line didn’t play a factor in the Italian campaign. It was along the Greek-Bulgarian border. Greece actually found a hostile Bulgaria to be their biggest threat. It was a bit more useful than the Maginot Line was (there is an interesting aside when Germany assaulted it, where a Greek garrison continued to hold out against the Germans. The local German commander was so impressed that he awarded them full surrender rights, and, if I’m not mistaken, allowed them to keep their weapons), but was largely abandoned once the Greeks pulled back way too early against the Italians to the north and west in Albania.

Regardless, I definitely understand your point, a fortification would have been a very interesting unit to have shown in the OOB game!

• '17 '16 '15

NWO has a cool Bunker unit.

I have it at A0 D3 2 hit C5. Can only place one per round. Can only place up to territory level ( so 3 TT only can have 3 total ). All TT’s get at least 1

Also require infantry to be present to build and repair.

• @barney:

{snip}

And NWO would be what, exactly? Curious Minds Want to Know…

-Midnight_Reaper

• '17 '16 '15

@Midnight_Reaper:

@barney:

{snip}

And NWO would be what, exactly? Curious Minds Want to Know…

-Midnight_Reaper

Heh Heh “New World Order” on triplea  : )

• '19

There are lots of pieces I’d like to see, but if we’re talking for Global 40 specifically…

A combined Assault Gun / Tank Destroyer unit would have been cool. For example:

A2 D4 M2 C4 or 5.

Similar to artillery it could boost the attack value of infantry while only having an attack value of 2 itself due to the typical casemate design but be very strong on defense due to the low profile. HBG has a few pieces that could work for this such as StuG III, Hellcat, and Su-76.

I also really like the Self-propelled Artillery idea, and HBG has a few pieces to back that up as well, M7 Priest, Sexton, Katyusha, Hummel.

• Self propelled Artillery.

It have to cost 5 IPC and move 2 spaces, that is a given.

Attack and defend on a 2 or less, for simplicity, and not to unbalance the Tank.

I suggest it should be able to boost two infantry units, because of better mobility than the stationary field artillery.

But now, we also need to boost the Tank, or nobody will buy it.

Tanks, cost 6, move 2, att 3, def 3 and blitz, but can also absorb one hit when attacking, as in the A&A 1914 OOB rules.

The new Assault gun Tank destroyer unit is just a Tank with no turret, cheaper to build, cost 4 and move 2. Weak in attack, since it has no turret, but strong in defense since its low profile. I say attack 2, and defend on 3 or less, and boost one matching infantry only when defending. This units special ability will be to, either target attacking Tanks, since that is the reason they made it, but it can only target enemy Tanks when defending, since it will be a defansive unit. It will be kind of like the Anti Air gun that target aircrafts.
    Or, if we agree to let attacking Tanks absorb one hit, the Tank destroyer can negate that ability.

• '17 '16 '15

Yea the tank needs help if you add mobile artillery. Baron ended up suggesting it gets +1 D when paired with tank. That seems to work pretty good in my test games.

So it’s A2 D2 M2, can blitz by itself but provides no blitz ability to other units. Gives +1 A to infantry and mech infantry. Cost 5 and give +1 D to tank

• '17 Customizer

The Jeep.  Not sure what rules could be applied.  Perhaps could be motorized or type of scout, artillery spotter.  It is just so iconic, strange it is missing.

• I always pretended that mechanized infantry units (divisions) had jeeps for their troops and commanders.  Hence the term “mechanized infantry” rather than APC or halftrack.

• '17 Customizer

Makes sense Charles DG.  General HG uses armored cars as artillery scouts.  Could do something similar.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m