• I dunno. It seems a bit far off. Amerika and AA 1914 are about as far as I’m willing to go.

• IMO a very sad and dumb direction to go - a franchise that has honored our veterans and our history for so long degenerates into a fantasy fad money grab…thumbs down!

• @Hunter:

Can someone tell me why we needed this? I would really like to know. I would buy it for the sculpts if we get any new ones besides the zombies.

Trying to attract millenials and other new blood I guess.

• @DouchemanMacgee:

Larry was busy making War Room, @Hunter:

Can someone tell me why we needed this? I would really like to know. I would buy it for the sculpts if we get any new ones besides the zombies.

Better than the brand being dead IMO.

I could be wrong though (I’m saving my temper tantrum until we get more info on the game), which is why I haven’t voted in the poll.

@redinight:

especially ones that don’t involve the original designers or creators.

Larry’s gone, man. He’s moved on from A&A to make War Room as a new take on the WW2 Genre.

(Un)fortunately, the A&A brand is with Avalon/Wizards, meaning we still get new A&A games.

…The downside of course, is that we’re stuck with gimmicks like this mess for the time being.

I think this above sums up just about everything. Yeah, it’s total rubbish. “Gimmick” is the perfect word. It reminds me of the video game Dino D-Day where US soldiers would fight an unholy alliance of Nazis and genetically engineered dinosaur clones. The best review of the game that I read, and the one that sums up this game, was something like “once you stop giggling after about 2 hours at the absurdity of the premise, you’ll be perpetually bored each time you log on.”

But at the same time, it’s interesting that there’s at least a spark of life in the A&A franchise. Is it a bit too on the nose, though, that the theme here is the undead? “Yeah A&A is basically dead, but we can have it come back with the shell of what made it great.”

In any case, this might be the start of something.
    Looking forward to:

Axis & Allies: Twilight
    50 Shades of Germany: Axis & Allies Kinky Edition
    Axis & Allies: Tide Pod Blitz!
    Axis & Allies: Disney Princesses
    Axis & Allies: Dank Memes Kamikaze Assault
    Axis & Allies: North Africa

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Really looking forward to rolling research dice for new memes and tide pods.

• Axis and Allies Tide Pods?! LOL

• I would love a north Africa game. Better than this!

• @DessertFox599:

I would love a north Africa game. Better than this!

My own preference would be for something like that or any other BOTB or Guadalcanal type game.

• The next game should be

Axis and Allies and the Blob

• On a serious note, I would love to see a late war global game complete with German supermachines, American nukes, hoards of Commies, and crazy Japan.  Make China a real fight, get the UK and ANZAC rolling across Southeast Asia and Italy, and have France be a functioning power.  The counter would be rigged units for Germany and Japanese kamikazes everywhere.  The counter to the counter would be nukes and sheer manpower.

Axis and Allies 1945: The Game to End All Games

• Disciplinary Group Banned

I rather have a A&A space game.

• @Dauvio:

Give this a try: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-rebellion/

• Disciplinary Group Banned

@frimmel:

@Dauvio:

Give this a try: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-rebellion/

Thank you for your advice. :) :) :)

• @Dauvio:

In september, this year, I will get my The War in Vietnam game, an A&A style game with 800 + minis, and if the Zombie sculpts look good, I just may house rule them into the Vietnam game as brain dead commies

• Have not logged on in years and when I do out of curiosity the next game due is a zombie game…… I think I’ll wait for War Room.

• I’d love to see:

• Axis & Allies 1939 edition (evolution over core rules, new setup)
    • an official and really good solo mode, a new game or an expansion.
    • American Civil War
    • Spanish Civil War
  • '21 '20 '18 '17

Vietnam game;  not coming anytime soon, it would seem.  Maybe 2019.  Yes, I ordered it.
    Civil War game;  super boring as there are only 3 unit types.  Battle Cry is like Memoir 44’ and its a solid, fun game, possibly OOP though.
    Spanish Civil War; House rule it in

Zombies;  the game is way better than this poll would imply.  And yes, its exactly like AxA just with a different theme and two core mechanics (the cards and the zombies) to make the game choices less pre-set and the combat decisionmaking more fraught (ie you dont just lose your infantry first, or just buy tons of infantry both things are choices now not obligations as in all previous editions).

Play it, I have.

• @taamvan:

….
    Zombies;  the game is way better than this poll would imply.   And yes, its exactly like AxA just with a different theme and two core mechanics (the cards and the zombies) to make the game choices less pre-set and the combat decisionmaking more fraught (ie you dont just lose your infantry first, or just buy tons of infantry both things are choices now not obligations as in all previous editions).

Play it, I have.

I’ve pre-ordered this and I expect that at least once I’ll try to see how I do without buying any infantry at all. Can’t grow yet more zombies if you don’t feed the machine…

-Midnight_Reaper

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Or what if you bring along tons of infantry for a long push over several turns, only to lose them at the last stop, deadzoning a blocking territory because it’s packed with zombies.  Many cards say move half (rounded up) the zombies in 1 territory to another, so there are ways you could control the mob after you created it.

Armor is still 3/3 and 5IPCs so it has a distinct advantage, but one defining ability of infantry in the later games is that it has an exclusive slot on a transport.

• what, no zombie pilots or tank commanders? NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-D :-D :-D

at least they didn’t call it A&A meets the Walking Dead. :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m