• Shore bombard with what ? Zombies dont have battleships, they are not good team players. They moan, and bite, thats all

• Ok me Moans at 5 or less

• @Midnight_Reaper:

Personally, I’m in wait and see mode. Time will tell.

-Midnight_Reaper

Yep. Not enough information at this time to make a call.

• I will have nothing to do with the game.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Yeah, that will all change when we hash out our “Chainsaw Tank Red Skies Canadian Imperial Gambit” strategies a few years from now…

• @ABWorsham:

I will have nothing to do with the game.

The world needs more people like you.

• Can someone tell me why we needed this? I would really like to know. I would buy it for the sculpts if we get any new ones besides the zombies.

• This is a cheap and disgusting ploy for profit.  It feels like Hasbro is saying that WWII wasn’t interesting enough on its own merits.

These are historical board games, not history lessons, however they can lead to a greater appreciation of history. They may spark a path to learning about our world in the present.   I love the zombie genre on it’s own merits. What I don’t appreciate are crossover ploys, especially ones that don’t involve the original designers or creators.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Larry was busy making War Room, @Hunter:

Can someone tell me why we needed this? I would really like to know. I would buy it for the sculpts if we get any new ones besides the zombies.

Better than the brand being dead IMO.

I could be wrong though (I’m saving my temper tantrum until we get more info on the game), which is why I haven’t voted in the poll.

@redinight:

especially ones that don’t involve the original designers or creators.

Larry’s gone, man. He’s moved on from A&A to make War Room as a new take on the WW2 Genre.

(Un)fortunately, the A&A brand is with Avalon/Wizards, meaning we still get new A&A games.

…The downside of course, is that we’re stuck with gimmicks like this mess for the time being.

• i think Wizards would have gotten more $$$$ from a Cold War or Ultra modern game or even an American War for Independence, instead of zombies which I can not see any thing positive for using them in a AA game.

• Was anything being planned for Axis and Allies before this? No. This isn’t taking the place of anything. It isn’t preventing something else from coming out. If anything, the failure of this game might be taken as a sign that the brand is dead more than anything else. I would much rather have preferred another historical game but I am going to withhold judgment until we hear more about it.

• I guess it’s time to reconsider making a 1946 scenario for Global: East vs West.
    Russian Commies > brainless zombies

• I dunno. It seems a bit far off. Amerika and AA 1914 are about as far as I’m willing to go.

• IMO a very sad and dumb direction to go - a franchise that has honored our veterans and our history for so long degenerates into a fantasy fad money grab…thumbs down!

• @Hunter:

Can someone tell me why we needed this? I would really like to know. I would buy it for the sculpts if we get any new ones besides the zombies.

Trying to attract millenials and other new blood I guess.

• @DouchemanMacgee:

Larry was busy making War Room, @Hunter:

Better than the brand being dead IMO.

I could be wrong though (I’m saving my temper tantrum until we get more info on the game), which is why I haven’t voted in the poll.

@redinight:

especially ones that don’t involve the original designers or creators.

Larry’s gone, man. He’s moved on from A&A to make War Room as a new take on the WW2 Genre.

(Un)fortunately, the A&A brand is with Avalon/Wizards, meaning we still get new A&A games.

…The downside of course, is that we’re stuck with gimmicks like this mess for the time being.

I think this above sums up just about everything. Yeah, it’s total rubbish. “Gimmick” is the perfect word. It reminds me of the video game Dino D-Day where US soldiers would fight an unholy alliance of Nazis and genetically engineered dinosaur clones. The best review of the game that I read, and the one that sums up this game, was something like “once you stop giggling after about 2 hours at the absurdity of the premise, you’ll be perpetually bored each time you log on.”

But at the same time, it’s interesting that there’s at least a spark of life in the A&A franchise. Is it a bit too on the nose, though, that the theme here is the undead? “Yeah A&A is basically dead, but we can have it come back with the shell of what made it great.”

In any case, this might be the start of something.
    Looking forward to:

Axis & Allies: Twilight
    50 Shades of Germany: Axis & Allies Kinky Edition
    Axis & Allies: Tide Pod Blitz!
    Axis & Allies: Disney Princesses
    Axis & Allies: Dank Memes Kamikaze Assault
    Axis & Allies: North Africa

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Really looking forward to rolling research dice for new memes and tide pods.

• Axis and Allies Tide Pods?! LOL

• I would love a north Africa game. Better than this!

• @DessertFox599:

I would love a north Africa game. Better than this!

My own preference would be for something like that or any other BOTB or Guadalcanal type game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m