• Founder TripleA Admin

What questions do you have about Axis & Allies Zombies?

Keep in mind that these are going to WotC so the more detailed the question the more likely it won’t be answered.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Who is the game designer?

Does it use a world map?

How are the Zombies played? Meaning are they a non-playing force or does one player control the Zombie faction?

Is it Axis vs. Allies vs. Zombies (every faction for themselves)? Or is it Axis plus the Allies versus the Zombies?

How long is the game play?

The announcement mentioned “streamlined gameplay.” Can you elaborate on that?

How many pieces will be included in the game?

What are the dimension of the map?

• Still can’t believe this is a thing, but here goes:

What role will sea units play? Is there any way for Zombies to cross bodies of Water?

Will there be a Pacific Theatre, or just Europe?

Will there be nuclear weapons?

• @LincolnsTopHat:

Still can’t believe this is a thing, but here goes:

Will there be nuclear weapons?

Piggybacking off of that, what is the time frame? Pre-WW2, WW2, immediate post-WW2 (46-49), some other time?

-M_R

• Wizards of the Coast’s Avalon Hill imprint has shared teaser details on a terrifying new version of the classic World War II strategy game Axis & Allies.

Axis & Allies & Zombies is designed by Mike Mearls (Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate, Dungeon & Dragons 5th Edition), Scott Van Essen (Magic: The Gathering, Transformers TCG), and Ryan Miller (Magic: The Gathering, Duel Masters TCG). In the game, players join one of the major powers (axis or Allies) and fight for victory against the opposing enemy, including an uprising of zombies.

The game is for 2 – 5 players, ages 12 and up, and plays in 60 – 180 minutes. Release date and MSRP were not announced at this time.

So its garbage .

• @Imperious:

Wizards of the Coast�s Avalon Hill imprint has shared teaser details on a terrifying new version of the classic World War II strategy game Axis & Allies.

Axis & Allies & Zombies is designed by Mike Mearls (Betrayal at Baldur�s Gate, Dungeon & Dragons 5th Edition), Scott Van Essen (Magic: The Gathering, Transformers TCG), and Ryan Miller (Magic: The Gathering, Duel Masters TCG). In the game, players join one of the major powers (axis or Allies) and fight for victory against the opposing enemy, including an uprising of zombies.

The game is for 2 � 5 players, ages 12 and up, and plays in 60 � 180 minutes. Release date and MSRP were not announced at this time.

So its garbage.

Two thoughts:

1. Your source for the above was?

2. This sounds like a card game, of all things.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Some major game site. It looks like kaka. Basically kick out Larry Harris, hire some cheap knockoff.

The game forces you to fight Zombies plus either Axis or Allies. Reminds me of 2 player RISK where you got that neutral army in the middle.

• 60 to 180 minute runtime??  :x An insult to the brand

• Founder TripleA Admin

A&A Minis is about 45-75 minutes per game.

• Hmmmm…very interesting. MOD…use the new zombie spin, but instead of zombies they are partizan or sympathizers. Cant wait to see who the zombies are deployed and or utilized

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

This could have potential if the zombies were used exclusively by a desperate Germany in 1944 in a Wolfenstein-y way. I guess they could have shared this tech with Japan as well. At that point the other Axis wonder weapons should be integrated as well.

• @Midnight_Reaper:

1. Your source for the above was?

Part of the info can be found here…

http://avalonhill.wizards.com/games/axis-and-allies/zombies

…though I don’t see any info on the designers.  I note that the designer credits mentioned by I.L. consist entirely of folks who’ve worked in the fantasy / magic / horror / sci-fi game genres, rather than military gaming, which I guess isn’t surprising in view of WotC’s main product lines.  I also can’t help wondering what the result would be if, to keep things balanced, a design team consisting entirely of wargamers were to produce a WWII military-themed version of a classic fantasy or horror game like, let’s say, Dungeons and Dragons.

• @LincolnsTopHat:

Is there any way for Zombies to cross bodies of Water?

On a related note: Can the zombies carry out kamikaze suicide attacks, given that they’re already dead?

• Not a fan of the idea. I hate zombies. Wish it could have been Axis & Allies but set in a different time period. Axis & Allies: WWIII or something. Or use the A&A system for another time period like Axis & Allies: 1588. A fantasy A&A would also be neat. I’d conquer the world with WWII era technology and DRAGONS and WIZARDS.

I’m also concerned about the length of the game.

Also, here’s an article about it in Spanish: https://www.houseofgames.it/2685-2/

• '17

My initial reaction first:
    If its cheap and full of new sculpts that I can use in my other games, maybe… very small maybe.
    :? Zombies  :?
    As previously mentioned would much rather have the same type of game mechanics in an alternate future senario, pre-industrial or ancient history angle. Even a sci-fi would work galactic version.
    Ill need to see the map, rules and units. Until then I reserve judgment with serious disbelief.

But my kid (early 20’s) immediately said:
    That’s Awesome I’ll play the #$@! out of that!!!

So if you’re looking to expand the game to new players this may be a great starting point. Since my kids friends would also join in on this too.

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Rank:

If its cheap and full of new sculpts that I can use in my other games, maybe… very small maybe.
    As previously mentioned would much rather have the same type of game mechanics in an alternate future senario, pre-industrial or ancient history angle. Even a sci-fi would work galactic version.
    Ill need to see the map, rules and units. Until then I reserve judgment with serious disbelief.

So if you’re looking to expand the game to new players this may be a great starting point. Since my kids friends would also join in on this too.

This is what I’m hoping. It gets the next generation of gamers into Axis & Allies. And it allows new designers to create variants that are true to the spirit of A&A but as shorter games. 3 hour A&A? I so in.

I also realize we all love Axis & Allies as is but I understand why it doesn’t come to the table (at least for me), it’s a really long game. I could play 4 sessions of other heavy modern board games in the same amount of time (okay, excluding Twilight Imperium and Eclipse).

• @djensen:

@Rank:

This is what I’m hoping. It gets the next generation of gamers into Axis & Allies. And it allows new designers to create variants that are true to the spirit of A&A but as shorter games. 3 hour A&A? I so in.

I also realize we all love Axis & Allies as is but I understand why it doesn’t come to the table (at least for me), it’s a really long game. I could play 4 sessions of other heavy modern board games in the same amount of time (okay, excluding Twilight Imperium and Eclipse).

Yep. I see this not so much as something I would be interested in but potentially as a gate to other things.

Like an official A&A computer version with every version. TripleA is okay, but an official one would be nice with a better UI.

And yes, SciFi/Fantasy or pre-industrial A&A would be cool. Would probably be more scenario-driven in the latter case, though.

• Please add a question from me.

Does this game come with plastic miniatures, and if so, are they in the classic scale, and if so, will Germany get the mark IV Tank that we have been waiting for ?

Thank you

• Founder TripleA Admin

I’ve already sent the questions but I can add followup questions as needed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m