[Global 40] Islands and Seazones

• All islands in G40 have seazones surrounding them; I might like to move (selected) islands to the boundaries between seazones. I’m curious if anybody has used such a houserule in Global 1940.

This would make islands more accessible, increasing the low strategic importance of most 0-IPC islands. For example, I’ve seen Pacific Islands used mostly as a potential landing spaces for a massive attack by Japanese airforce. Another example: with the exception of Malta, the Mediterranean Islands seem to provide flavour mainly.

There was/is a mod called Pact of Steel (created by Black Elk, Madmat, Beagle and Cousin Joe) that applied this idea to Sicily and Sardinia. Both islands have access to 2 seazones. I could see myself invading these islands more often if the situation were the same in G40. How about you?

I included an example of what I mean below.

EDIT for clarity.

• @Ozymandiac:

All islands in G40 have seazones surrounding them; I might like to move (selected) islands to the boundaries between seazones. I’m curious if anybody has used such a houserule.

This would make islands more accessible, increasing the low strategic importance of most 0-IPC islands. For example, I’ve seen Pacific Islands used mostly as a potential landing spaces for a massive attack by Japanese airforce. Another example: with the exception of Malta, the Mediterranean Islands seem to provide flavour mainly.

There was/is a mod called Pact of Steel (created by Black Elk, Madmat, Beagle and Cousin Joe) that applied this idea to Sicily and Sardinia. Both islands have access to 2 seazones. I could see myself invading these islands more often if the situation were the same in G40. How about you?

On Deathheads 40 map and HBG  39 map (copied DHs map) has 3 sea zones touching those Italian Islands in the Med. and 2 sea zones for the 1 Greece Islands and 4 SZ for Crete. So yes UK activates Greece Islands and Italy takes them back or if for some reason UK controls the Med then yes they go after the Italy Islands.

• @SS:

On Deathheads 40 map and HBG  39 map (copied DHs map) has 3 sea zones touching those Italian Islands in the Med. and 2 sea zones for the Greece Islands. So yes UK activates Greece Islands and Italy takes them back or if for some reason UK controls the Med then yes they go after the Italy Islands.

Hi SS, thanks for your reply. To clarify: I’m not looking for a new map (however sweetlooking that one is :-D), I’d like to know if somebody has used this type of houserule in G40.

• @Ozymandiac:

@SS:

On Deathheads 40 map and HBG  39 map (copied DHs map) has 3 sea zones touching those Italian Islands in the Med. and 2 sea zones for the Greece Islands. So yes UK activates Greece Islands and Italy takes them back or if for some reason UK controls the Med then yes they go after the Italy Islands.

Hi SS, thanks for your reply. To clarify: I’m not looking for a new map, I’d like to know if somebody has used this type of houserule in G40.

Yes I know. I was just replying to let you know that it has been done on other maps.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m