Tjoek's A&A Anniversary OOB Map file (Updated March 23rd)

• Haha my friend has a table that can accommodate this map size! We just played Global 1940, which is a 32" by 70" map out of box, so this Anniversary map will fit just fine! We are excited to try Anniversary Edition for the first time and are especially excited for the increased size of the territories!

• That damned Iranian Roundel for Italy just cannot be unseen… damn you Wizards of the Coast for using the wrong colors (not to mention the wrong idea for the Italian roundel to begin with). Thanks again to Tjoek for fixing that with the Fasces and HBG for offering proper Fasces roundels in either “ordinary” or “super cool” upgraded roundels.

• Sponsor

@Tjoek:

@Young:

Would it be possible to share with us a file with the Italian fascist roundel on the map with the income tracker?

Not a problem at all YG, see my updated first post!

Thank you Tjoek… nice work indeed.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@2Huskies:

Thank you Tjoek for all the hard work and time you put on the A&A Anniversary Edition Map!

Your welcome, and thanks for sharing your printed map with the community! I will add your version as a special to the first post when I’ve a bit more time at hand.

• My local printshop suggested printing on Tyvek. It’s pretty cheap and resistant to tearing. Does anybody have experience with using this? I’m mainly concerned with the durability of it - will the ink wear off in time? The printshop isn’t sure, since “the toner will be on top [of the Tyvek]”.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Ozymandiac:

will the ink wear off in time? The printshop isn’t sure, since “the toner will be on top [of the Tyvek]”.

I’m not familiar with Tyvek, but my print on PVC is also ink on top of the material. I tried a few printshops and asked for a small sample to test how sratch resistent the print is. It turned out that for PVC there is a huge difference between the shops. So ask you shop for a small piece of printed Tyvek (maybe from a misprint they did for another client that they would normally throw away anyway)

Another option is to protects your print with a few coats of clear varnish.

• @Tjoek:

Another option is to protects your print with a few coats of clear varnish.

And as a further layer of protection (in addition to the varnish, which is a wise precaution), you might consider covering the map with a thin sheet of non-glare acrylic or plexiglass.  You can see an example over here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32700.0

The material I used is called non-glare Acrylite P-99.  It was originally sized by the manufacturer at 48" x 96" x 1/16" thickness, but I had it trimmed to the size I needed.

• Other option is get it printed on 3mm poly styrene with a laminated finish.
    By me I can get a 32 in x  72 in map for $104.00.  4 f x 8 f  $154.00

• Thanks, good recommendations.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Hi guys,

After some time I am back on working on this map a bit for my personal print. As I don’t like the mobilization board on the map I’ve had it reclaimed by the sea:

And I did another attempt to give it some battleship artwork from one of the rulebooks to get it balanced with the US fighters on the bottom right corner:

Which version do you guys like best? You can click the above images for a larger version.

Personally I like a version without any extra artwork (removing the logo, the generals and the US fighters as well) best, but that might be a bit to much time consuming for the amount of play this game will see at our group.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I’m not a fan of art just being here and there with no purpose, nice and clean I prefer.

• agreed, not a fan of ghost images on the board.

logo could go as well.

nice clean simple design for sea zones works best for me.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Thanks for your views sired and robert. I’m in the same camp. Maybe I just have to go for it and remove the other artwork as well… hmm… some more work to do  :-D

• I like the 2nd one better (with the ship). It gives a nice symmetry to the board. No art at all as suggested above ^ would be perfect as well

• @Nowhere:

Very nice, but with a map that big, where the heck are you going to play it? More importantly, how are you going to reach across the map to shake the hand of your opponent… you can’t reach him!  :-D

Once you go big you never go back. Keep up the good work Tjoek’s !

image1(28).png

• Map looks great!  I’m a fan of NOT having the ghost images behind it.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

With your comments I’ve made up my mind as I’m going for a clean map. Just like my Global 1940 map

After some hours of work over the weekend I’ve managed to get rid of the AA logo and artwork on the center board. And re centered the sea zone numbers fo 29, 31 and 32.

Now moving on to the US fighters on the right most board.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

And if anyone is wondering why the colors of my last pictures are a bit dull: I’m fixing the artwork on the original scans before doing the color corrections. So the final map files will be as vibrant as the current one that’s up for download.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

The last corner with the US fighters was a hell of a lot of work, but it’s done. See for yourself the before and after of the Anniversary board (click for larger images):

Before

After

Just some more minor cleanups to do before I will release this final file to the community, but it’s hard to find the time at the moment.

• You put a ton of time into this!  Thanks for your effort!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m