1940.2 - Witt & PP Axis vs Colt & FMErwinRommel Allies (+25)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

Brit attack Iraq > N. Persia: Brit only 1 hit, pathetic.  I removed the Italian AA.  Axis also 1 hit, I edited out 1 Brit inf.  Brit retreated after first round.  Too much risk of winning and moving in.  But Brit has been under-performing in N. Persia every time.  Battle in Stalingrad was great, and that was more important.  I beat the even odds and TUV is +19.  Ger has fewer units to move to Cauc and can’t build in Stalin this coming turn.  But I can’t repeat that trick for a long time, as I used up the Brit tanks.

I was wondering why Jpn moved to sz20.  It did cost UKP 3 convoy PUs.  And the income from the Rus terr’s that I just took go to Brit not UKP.

After the Allies retreated from Russia and N. Persia, I was able to stabilize the front line in Iraq to the point that Ger had almost a zero % chance of advancing any further.  When the Axis moved their stack to Persia, it cut off the Allies biggest single source of reinforcements, i.e., India.  I bought inf there the first 2 turns to prevent a quick, easy conquest.  But I also had to divert Amer resources to build interceptors against strat bombing.  Around this time, the Egypt IC shut down until I could get enough defense against strat bombing and air attack on builds from 11 Ger bombers.  The Ger high water mark was when it moved 6 ftrs to Italy, coupled with a large reinforcement of mobile units from Russia.  But this freed up U.S. planes from London.  India was slowly able to build up a mobile strike force and capture Stalingrad.  This temporary disruption of the steady supply of Ger troops to the front line; coupled with the re-activation of the Brit reinforcement chain from Africa and a new chain of American mech, should reduce the threat to Iraq.  Now that India and Egypt have adequate air defenses and Amer subs are back in the Med, the allies can restore the pressure on Japan.

• Can you see any good news for the poor beleaguered Axis powers?

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 29

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians repair damage of 4x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 12 PUs;
                Italians buy 1 destroyer and 1 mech_infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians
                1 mech_infantry moved from Persia to West India
                2 bombers moved from Persia to West India

Combat - Italians
                Battle in West India
                    Italians attack with 2 bombers and 1 mech_infantry
                    British defend with 1 infantry
                        Italians roll dice for 2 bombers and 1 mech_infantry in West India, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in West India, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the British lost in West India
                    Italians win, taking West India from UK_Pacific with 2 bombers and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                    Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
                2 bombers moved from West India to Persia

Place Units - Italians
                1 destroyer placed in 97 Sea Zone
                1 mech_infantry placed in Persia

Turn Complete - Italians
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 17
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 80 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,1,3,3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,1,3,2,6,2,1,5,3,2
                Italians collect 4 PUs (17 lost to blockades); end with 4 PUs
                Objective Italians 4 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Italians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 6 PUs

triplea_41441_Ita29.tsvg

• 6 income? You are rubbish!

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 4 submarines; Remaining resources: 2 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                3 bombers moved from Kwangsi to 44 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Iraq to Caucasus

Combat - ANZAC
                Strategic bombing raid in Caucasus
                        AA fire in Caucasus :  0/1 hits
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus rolls: 4 and causes: 4 damage to unit: factory_minor
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus causes 4 damage total.
                Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC attack with 3 bombers and 1 submarine
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese and 1 submarine owned by the ANZAC lost in 44 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC win with 3 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                3 bombers moved from 44 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Queensland to Shan State
                1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Iraq
                1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 58 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 39 Sea Zone to India
                1 bomber moved from Caucasus to Tsinghai

Place Units - ANZAC
                3 submarines placed in 54 Sea Zone
                1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 16 PUs
                Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 21 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 26 PUs

triplea_41441_ANZ29.tsvg

Good shooting, submariners in the Med.  Let’s hope this time the loss of income is permanent. I was sorely disappointed when Italy persistently ground down the American sub fleet before.  ANZ subs are coming after you again Yamamoto.  The last time we made a sub surge, we chewed each other up, trading hits on subs and dd’s.

• I only have one island to protect .

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 4 submarines; Remaining resources: 2 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                3 bombers moved from Kwangsi to 44 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Iraq to Caucasus

Combat - ANZAC
                Strategic bombing raid in Caucasus
                        AA fire in Caucasus :  0/1 hits
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus rolls: 4 and causes: 4 damage to unit: factory_minor
                    Bombing raid in Caucasus causes 4 damage total.
                Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC attack with 3 bombers and 1 submarine
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese and 1 submarine owned by the ANZAC lost in 44 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC win with 3 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 2
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                3 bombers moved from 44 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Queensland to Shan State
                1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Iraq
                1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 58 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 39 Sea Zone to India
                1 bomber moved from Caucasus to Tsinghai

Place Units - ANZAC
                3 submarines placed in 54 Sea Zone
                1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 16 PUs
                Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 21 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

triplea_41441_Fre29.tsvg

Sorry, forgot France again.  Witt, you have the Celeb, Phil chain and Japanese chain.

• Celeb is what I meant .

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 30

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans repair damage of 4x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 88 PUs;
                Germans buy 1 aaGun, 4 armour, 1 bomber, 1 destroyer, 2 infantry and 8 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 destroyer moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
                11 armour, 18 artilleries, 4 bombers, 7 fighters, 6 infantry and 119 mech_infantrys moved from Persia to Iraq
                7 bombers and 6 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Iraq
                3 armour and 9 mech_infantrys moved from Caucasus to Iraq
                8 bombers moved from Western Germany to Iraq
                1 infantry moved from Northwest Persia to Iraq
                1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Kazakhstan
                      Germans take Kazakhstan from British
                2 armour moved from Russia to Volgograd
                1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Volgograd
                1 artillery moved from Caucasus to Volgograd
                1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Volgograd
                1 submarine moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
                Battle in 125 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                    Americans defend with 1 submarine
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 125 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 125 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 125 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 125 Sea Zone
                        Germans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 125 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 125 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 125 Sea Zone, round 4 :  0/1 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 125 Sea Zone, round 4 :  1/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Germans lost in 125 Sea Zone
                    Americans win with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is -14
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                Battle in Volgograd
                    Germans attack with 2 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    British defend with 2 armour and 1 factory_minor
                        Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Volgograd, round 2 :  2/5 hits
                        British roll dice for 2 armour in Volgograd, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 armour owned by the British lost in Volgograd
                    Germans win, taking Volgograd from British with 2 armour, 1 artillery and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 2 armour
                Battle in Iraq
                    Germans attack with 14 armour, 18 artilleries, 19 bombers, 13 fighters, 7 infantry and 128 mech_infantrys
                    British defend with 10 aaGuns, 7 armour, 39 artilleries, 1 bomber, 1 factory_minor, 1 fighter, 7 infantry and 88 mech_infantrys; French defend with 1 infantry; Americans defend with 3 bombers, 19 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 4 tactical_bombers; ANZAC defend with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber
                        AA fire in Iraq :  9/30 hits
                        9 fighters owned by the Germans lost in Iraq
                        Germans roll dice for 14 armour, 18 artilleries, 19 bombers, 4 fighters, 7 infantry and 128 mech_infantrys in Iraq, round 2 :  43/190 hits
                        British roll dice for 10 aaGuns, 7 armour, 39 artilleries, 5 bombers, 21 fighters, 8 infantry, 89 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers in Iraq, round 2 :  68/174 hits
                        19 mech_infantrys owned by the British, 1 bomber owned by the ANZAC, 10 aaGuns owned by the British, 7 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 bomber owned by the British, 3 bombers owned by the Americans, 1 infantry owned by the French, 61 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans, 7 infantry owned by the British and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans lost in Iraq
                        Germans roll dice for 14 armour, 18 artilleries, 19 bombers, 4 fighters and 67 mech_infantrys in Iraq, round 3 :  46/122 hits
                        British roll dice for 7 armour, 39 artilleries, 21 fighters, 69 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers in Iraq, round 3 :  57/141 hits
                        46 mech_infantrys owned by the British and 57 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Iraq
                        Germans roll dice for 14 armour, 18 artilleries, 19 bombers, 4 fighters and 10 mech_infantrys in Iraq, round 4 :  29/65 hits
                        British roll dice for 7 armour, 39 artilleries, 21 fighters, 23 mech_infantrys and 5 tactical_bombers in Iraq, round 4 :  44/95 hits
                        23 mech_infantrys owned by the British, 18 artilleries owned by the Germans, 2 fighters owned by the Germans, 14 armour owned by the Germans, 6 artilleries owned by the British and 10 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Iraq
                        Germans roll dice for 19 bombers and 2 fighters in Iraq, round 5 :  11/21 hits
                        British roll dice for 7 armour, 33 artilleries, 21 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers in Iraq, round 5 :  34/66 hits
                        2 fighters owned by the Germans, 19 bombers owned by the Germans and 11 artilleries owned by the British lost in Iraq
                    British win with 7 armour, 22 artilleries, 21 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -489
                    Casualties for Germans: 14 armour, 18 artilleries, 19 bombers, 13 fighters, 7 infantry and 128 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for British: 10 aaGuns, 17 artilleries, 1 bomber, 7 infantry and 88 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for French: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 bomber
                    Casualties for Americans: 3 bombers and 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans

Place Units - Germans
                1 aaGun and 2 infantry placed in Caucasus
                2 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in Russia
                1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Ukraine
                1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Novgorod
                3 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
                1 bomber placed in Western Germany
                1 destroyer placed in 113 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 5
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 125 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 105 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,3
                Germans collect 62 PUs (5 lost to blockades); end with 63 PUs
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs
                Objective Germans 6 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 70 PUs
                Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 75 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 15 PUs; end with 90 PUs

triplea_41441_Ger30.tsvg

• Believe it or not, G had 30% odds in Iraq, which was the best in some time - and in my judgement better than our overall chances in the game. So with witt’s agreement, Adolf launched Operation Blitzkrieg! Turned into Operation Fiasco. -489 TUV! Started badly with 9 of 30 AAA hitting and went downhill from there. :cry:

We concede Ed. Well played. You were squeezing the life of us! :-)

• Thank you fir the gane . I enjoyed my end!

I graciously accept on behalf of myself and Colt.  I checked my email just before going on a run and just missed seeing the slew of marti’s as the battle unfurled.  Wow, dice luck and AA dice luck finally favored me.  Yes the 9 AA hits doomed you from the start. And the sub with defense of 1, sank 2 attackers and lived.  The tide finally turned solidly in my favor, but didn’t seem certain until the Brits took Volg.  I enjoyed playing against both of you, and look forward to playing with you again some time.  I like your easy going style of play and you are both worthy opponents.

• Kind words. We, too, have enjoyed it . We will contact you, when we feel we can play  another. I am glad you got a game with those other Americans (and Garg). They are very regular players , so you won’t ever be waiting long for your turn.

I was so pre-occupied in ferrying American mech across Africa, that I suddenly realized that the disruption of the German resupply chain would allow me to switch to building art for all my tt’s and 2 new tt’s and invade S. Italy.  Then I could build more inf and art and park in the Eng Cha.

• Good luck in your other games Ed!  :-D

Thanks, doing great as Japan in 2-on-2 team “War is Declared” 1940 Global 2nd Ed.  Unlike you, I had great opening dice luck, which allowed me to completely conquer China by round 5 and now India in round 7.  All with only 1 Chinese IC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m