• hi do you make draw game ?
    do you have maximum run ? after is draw?
    thank

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

The game itself doesn’t actually provide for a formal “draw”, such as in chess. I also don’t thing anyone would really consider a house rule to arrive at a draw when, after a set number of rounds, nobody has fulfilled the winning criteria.

Of course, at some point in time the players could agree to call it a draw when it’s not clear which side is winning but the game has lasted quite long enough to everyone’s taste. I’ve been in that situation in several face to face games: it was just getting too late, and there was no obvious win for either side, and both were somewhat optimistic about their possibilities. But rather than formally agreeing to a draw, we just decided to call it quits and after pondering a bit on what might have been and agreeing that we all had a great day anyway, everybody went home while promising each other that we would play again “soon”.

• Toss the boards on the floor, scattering all of the units.

• I actually have a house rule about this. We got bored with Axis and Allies one time and decided that war never ends so that once a side wins, you would then proceed to enter a Cold War that follows. Allies = US vs Soviets. Axis = Germany vs Japan. So unless party outright surrenders, we might put into place a turn agreement of non engagement or political talks like peace for x turns in exchange for this or that territory or whatever is agreed. Axis and Allies has no rules of what is a draw beyond human condition, not like Chess where you can draw a game by perpetual check or the King be unable to move. There is no “draw” condition in this game.

• my last game get 31 runs. i think the only people that are staying is kids and oldest. :|

• @louprouge:

my last game get 31 runs. i think the only people that are staying is kids and oldest. :|

What you can do is say that the game will run for a set number of turns or for a set time. If there is no clear winner after those turns or that time, call it a draw and a day.

Perhaps what you’re really asking for is: What are the tournament rules for A&A Global '40. When played in a tournament, they need a way to decide a winner that day. Try these rules and see if they help you (links to a download).

http://smo63.fatcow.com/pdf/EndTimeRules2016new.pdf

-Midnight_Reaper

• @louprouge:

my last game get 31 runs. i think the only people that are staying is kids and oldest. :|

31?  Wow.  I don’t think I’ve ever gone past 15 turns.  6-10 is normal for us.

• '19 '17 '16

20+ rounds is pretty normal if both players are very experienced.

• @simon33:

20+ rounds is pretty normal if both players are very experienced.

My Face-to-Face opponents, we rarely go beyond 10-12, but have done one epic 20ish turn game.  Mostly, because we don’t necessarily play it out.  If the Axis are well in control of their current territories and are earning 80+, 60+ and 40ish, and Moscow or London fall… well, that’s game.  Even if they don’t have all the victory cities.

• '19 '17 '16

If the Mid East is strongly held by the allies, Moscow falling is hardly the end of the game. Particularly if the Americans are also putting troops on Normandy & Sth France.

• if you want a houserule where you can draw, and that limits the game. here is a suggestion.

From turn 4, increase US production by 10 IPC per turn. The game ends when the axis only holds 1 VC.

If the game ends before turn 13, the allies win, if it ends between turn 13 and 17, its a draw. if the axis survives turn 17, then the axis wins.

I am not sure what the exact turnlimits and us boost in production should be, but this will guarantee that the game ends by turn 17.

Another version would be to count either VCs or production by the end of turn 12, and have some limits on how many VCs is a win, draw or loss.

• @Kreuzfeld:

if you want a houserule where you can draw, and that limits the game. here is a suggestion.

From turn 4, increase US production by 10 IPC per turn. The game ends when the axis only holds 1 VC.

If the game ends before turn 13, the allies win, if it ends between turn 13 and 17, its a draw. if the axis survives turn 17, then the axis wins.

I am not sure what the exact turnlimits and us boost in production should be, but this will guarantee that the game ends by turn 17.

Another version would be to count either VCs or production by the end of turn 12, and have some limits on how many VCs is a win, draw or loss.

By those rules, that instantly ends the game right then and there, if you only need 1 VC, then you will have it with Paris.

• @Caesar:

@Kreuzfeld:

if you want a houserule where you can draw, and that limits the game. here is a suggestion.

By those rules, that instantly ends the game right then and there, if you only need 1 VC, then you will have it with Paris.

when paris falls, the axis controlls 6 VCs ( Paris, Berlin, Warsaw, Rome, Tokyo and Shanghai)

the game ends when the Axis ONLY holds 1 VC. That means that it end when the axis is left with only tokyo or berlin. The allies win if they take everything before turn 13, the axis wins if they survive beyond tuurn 18.

I haven’t balanced the VCs, so I am not sure with limits are the correct ones.  It might be better with Allied Victory before turn 14, axis victory after turn 16.

• We use the houserule, that Axis has to win or is to strong on turn 10, then they win and otherwise they lose.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m