Newly captured naval bases used on non-combat movement?

• Seems like you shouldn’t be able to, but I couldn’t find a spot in the rules that specified about this…

If you capture a naval base during combat, can your ships in that sea zone move 3 spaces on non-combat?

For instance, Germany has ships on both sides of Gibraltar.  Takes Gibraltar and its naval base during combat.  Other ships that have not yet moved and did not take part in the combat, can they move 3?

• '17 '16 '15

Good question and one I haven’t heard. My guess is no. That you need to own it at the start of your turn. I didn’t look in the rules though. Panther or someone else will probably clarify.

• @weddingsinger:

Seems like you shouldn’t be able to, but I couldn’t find a spot in the rules that specified about this…

If you capture a naval base during combat, can your ships in that sea zone move 3 spaces on non-combat?

For instance, Germany has ships on both sides of Gibraltar.  Takes Gibraltar and its naval base during combat.  Other ships that have not yet moved and did not take part in the combat, can they move 3?

From the rulebook:

@rulebook:

If a territory is captured, any facilities there are also captured. The capturing power (and, in the case of bases, its allies) can
    use them on the turn after they are captured.

HTH :-)

• No, as Panther pointed out, you don’t get the benefit that turn but your ally after can.

• '19 '18 '17

good question. i was just looking for an answer to this. thanks!

• @P@nther:

@weddingsinger:

Seems like you shouldn’t be able to, but I couldn’t find a spot in the rules that specified about this…

From the rulebook:

@rulebook:

If a territory is captured, any facilities there are also captured. The capturing power (and, in the case of bases, its allies) can
    use them on the turn after they are captured.

HTH :-)

Perfect.  Thank you.  I just kept finding the line from under Naval Bases over on page 25

Increased Sea Range: All ships beginning their movement from a sea zone serviced by an operative friendly naval base…

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

In addition to this, any of your ships in the sea zone when the combat are presumed to have taken place in combat. The only way to avoid this is to move them during combat movement (even if the move does not result in combat).

Marsh

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m