[1936] New player quick index project.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

All your guys’ stuff looks great! Appreciate you sharing with the group!

• Bumping since I updated a couple attachments on my previous post.

• '17

Well I have completed the new sheets and posted them here, along with the full income bonus sheet. I also have redone the national sheets for clarity. We use clear sheet protectors and report folder (duo tang) for each nation or player as required. This way the full build sheet is visible together. Germany and France are given the Vichy card etc. Everyone even the new guy can see how they affect or are affected by others, and eliminates disadvantage of obscure, hard to find rules. Victory objectives were left out so we can play with different ones if wanted.We include the OOB national sheet and setup and add in the expansions to nations that are required, even if not used every game.

I will be attaching them all together in multiple posts here, use them for free or ignore them.

first French and Vichy

VICHY FRANCE CREATION.pdf
    FRENCH sheet.pdf

• '17

next Italy and Germany

ITALY sheet.pdf
    GERMAN sheet.pdf

• '17

• '17

USSR CCP
    Forgot to remove the House Rules. Captured capital money goes to victor rather than OOB to bank.
    And USSR can declare war on Allies without Berlin falling as per OOB.

CCP sheet.pdf
    USSR sheet.pdf

• '17

• '17

• '17

Netherlands, we have changed a few things from the official Expansion
    OOB all national increases updated version

EDIT: The National Income sheets are now corrected. The US wartime bonus for the lower 48 states is now 12 to reflect the v1.3 sheets and is no longer at 13.

NETHERLANDS sheet.pdf
    1936 All Nations Peace and Wartime Increases.pdf

• '17

updated turn phases and situations, expansions on the quick reference card.

that’s it so far…

All the attachments I have for this thread are posted together here in this string of posts.

Situation and terrain sheet.pdf
    TURN PHASES full page.pdf

• These are really great! Thanks so much.

• Rank,

Nice charts! You sure does play with a lot of extra units (esp. ships).
    Do you use chips to tell them a part on the board?

• '17

Yeah either HBG or any game store that sells Kaplow games mini poker chips same stuff. These interlock with the newer A&A games chips. My store let me bring some in and test it. I buy them in town for $3 Canadian 50 pack of chips. We just use the colour as a marker and stack the counter chips under them. Needed more counters than OOB global 40, so we bought 200 white as 1’s, 100 green as 3’s, 50 red as 5’s and 50 Pink for 10’s. The green and red don’t match the OOB shade so we replaced them.
    There is a wide variety of Colours available but this is what we used. When we decide its worth buying a sculpt we can eliminate the Chips sometimes. First we just started with light and heavy for tanks but it has snowballed

Blue = marine, Marine armor, Seaplane
    Brown = Mountain
    Purple = Airborne
    Orange = Damage (Was militia till we bought and painted sculpts for everyone from a single game of risk at a garage sale. Risk mini infantry and Cavalry pieces for all nations, at less than $5 Canadian.)
    Grey(OOB) = (light or old tech). use it for TBD, Med. bombers, light tanks.
    Yellow = (heavy/Advanced) Elite infantry, heavy destroyers, cruisers, tanks, advanced mech , sub etc.
    Black = Country specific units like black shirts, Panzer grenadiers, Yamamoto.

Examples:
    Super Yamamoto are yellow for advanced and black as designator combined
    US marines are blue and Yellow.

We don’t use everything in there all the time. But we added them in the list from HBG sets. To see what interest the group had in any units. So far no German player has tried War plan Z but if there is enough interest we will shop on Shape ways, same for other items.

• '17

Munck thanks!

We like to use the Battle Cruisers the most. Gives the smaller nations a chance to build a few hitters in its navy fairly cheap, an ANZAC favorite. Light cruisers are second in usage. Usually We never use TBD or Coastal subs and just replace with standard, too cluttered and only used as first casualty every game anyway.

We also took an Idea I first saw on Der Kunsler U tube channel and used paint to mark all planes and ships.
    That way every sculpt is marked the same. The new guys I just put a colour coded sticker on their sheets that matches the pieces so they can figure it out. By the end of their first game they don’t need it anymore.
    Red destroyer/fighter, Yellow Tac bomber/cruiser, Black Strategic Bomber/Battleship and White transports.

• '17

One Major point regarding new players don’t try everything their first game. Players from A&A games will be struggling with the minor game mechanics changes, to Aircraft restrictions, strategic bomber changes etc.
    Adding in mountain and river rules on top of that, all at once is too much.

We have found its easiest to incorporate only Basic game Mechanics and rail lines for strategic moves and supply paths.

We have a chat together before each game and decide what terrains we want this time, or expansions. Or is there consensus to start rolling for Technology early etc. The reason we love this game is its just waiting to be house ruled.

• Nice charts Rank. Going to use that idea of individual binders for each nation. Would make it easier to consolidate rules for new players.

• '17

Thanks!
    Anything you spot that needs an edit let me know. I’ll correct it and repost the file.
    If you have suggestions for extra stuff let me know.

• '18 '17

This is awesome stuff. Thanks to all!

• '17 Customizer

So all of these units are OOB or Expansions?  Like Italy Amphib Lt. Armor….is that a house rule or a rule from HBG?

How will anyone ever keep that level of units straight.

Thanks…SJ

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@sjelso:

So all of these units are OOB or Expansions?  Like Italy Amphib Lt. Armor….is that a house rule or a rule from HBG?

I haven’t heard of Italy Amphib Lt. Armor at all. But generally speaking there are a good amount of unit profiles from expansions. Partisans, armored cars, patrol boats, self-propelled artillery, commando’s, all the unit expansion profiles. It is a lot.

I recently suggested to HBG that they reconfigure their reference sheets to include ALL units available to a nation, including those in potential expansions being used. That way everything is in one place. You can have a notation saying “X” unit is only available if using “Y” expansion. That way you can still see what units wouldn’t be available too depending on your games. But you wouldn’t have to go digging through so many expansions/rules to figure it out.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m