Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Can Russia take pro-Allies neutrals before DOW?

• Scenario: Germany has attacked strict neutrals, but its only round 2 and Russia is NOT at war with Germany/Italy.

So, can Russia take these now pro-Ally neutrals now?  Or does it have to wait for round 4 or a German DOW?

• 2017 2015

It must wait until it’s in the war and part of the Allies.  Until then, they are just as neutral as those countries were before they were attacked.

• 2018 2017 2016

They could take Mongolia in your scenario but that would just be goofy because Mongolia would still be a strict neutral. They can’t move anything out of Russia anywhere on the Europe side until they are at war with the European Axis.

• Thank you, guys.  That is what we thought but its our first time in this scenario and wanted to be sure.

• 2018 2017

Usually its best to have a Russian guy in Caucasus or mobile at Volgo to take NWP in anticipation of war, if you forget to activate these territories, they cant be blitz’d/NCM’d through at all (you must stop to gain control).

• 2019 2017 2016

@GeneralHandGrenade:

They could take Mongolia in your scenario but that would just be goofy because Mongolia would still be a strict neutral. They can’t move anything out of Russia anywhere on the Europe side until they are at war with the European Axis.

I don’t think this is right. They (almost) never become pro-Axis but they can become pro-Allies. So in the scenario outlined, USSR could activate the Mongolian territories it can reach by doing a DOW on Japan.

@Pac:

The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union. Also, if Japan attacks
    any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory, all Mongolian territories that are still strict neutral
    or pro-Allies

There is nothing in there that says they aren’t included in going pro-Allies with an Axis neutral crush.

• 2018 2017 2016

@simon33:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I don’t think this is right. They (almost) never become pro-Axis but they can become pro-Allies. So in the scenario outlined, USSR could activate the Mongolian territories it can reach by doing a DOW on Japan.

@Pac:

The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union. Also, if Japan attacks
    any Soviet-controlled territory that is adjacent to any Mongolian territory, all Mongolian territories that are still strict neutral
    or pro-Allies

There is nothing in there that says they aren’t included in going pro-Allies with an Axis neutral crush.

You’re right Simon. For some reason I thought that they were separate from the other strict neutrals.

• Actually Mongolia can go pro Axis. The only situation I can see it goes like this, some allied nation attacks a strict neutral triggering all strict neutrals to go pro-Axis. USSR breaks Mongolian Defense Pact and attacks Japanese territory. Under G40 rules, if USSR breaks the pact, Mongolia becomes a strict neutral thus in this situation, Mongolia is now Pro-Axis.

• 2019 2017 2016

@Caesar:

Actually Mongolia can go pro Axis. The only situation I can see it goes like this, some allied nation attacks a strict neutral triggering all strict neutrals to go pro-Axis. USSR breaks Mongolian Defense Pact and attacks Japanese territory. Under G40 rules, if USSR breaks the pact, Mongolia becomes a strict neutral thus in this situation, Mongolia is now Pro-Axis.

The rule above states that they will never become pro-Axis unless attacked by USSR. Breaking the pact doesn’t change that.

• I believe then the rules directly say two different things because I am pretty sure USSR attacking Japan triggers Mongolia to go outright neutral.

• 2019 2017 2016

I think you should re read the rules. They’re clear.

• @Caesar:

Actually Mongolia can go pro Axis. The only situation I can see it goes like this, some allied nation attacks a strict neutral triggering all strict neutrals to go pro-Axis. USSR breaks Mongolian Defense Pact and attacks Japanese territory. Under G40 rules, if USSR breaks the pact, Mongolia becomes a strict neutral thus in this situation, Mongolia is now Pro-Axis.

You should reread the rules, they are clear on mongolia.

Mongolia will never become pro-axis or something similar is written in the rules.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m