• We might throw some fun variants in there as well. I want to to make new games. I want to make variants of existing games. What about Axis and Allies and Zombies?

• Chris Cocks,
      WotC president and CEO

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/how-the-company-behind-dd-magic-and-avalon-hill-innovate-w514703

Obviously Zombies was a throwaway hypothetical, but be prepared for a total bastardisation.

And I though A&A: WWI was a stretch…

• Sponsor

They should fix what they have before adding to the problem.

• @Young:

Do you think A&A needs fixing?

• Sponsor

@zooooma:

@Young:

1940 needs an “all in one” 3rd Edition with a better rule book as well as significant adjustments to unit profiles, victory conditions, and research and development (plus more).

• @Young:

@zooooma:

@Young:

1940 needs an “all in one” 3rd Edition with a better rule book as well as significant adjustments to unit profiles, victory conditions, and research and development (plus more).

:-D

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@zooooma:

We might throw some fun variants in there as well. I want to to make new games. I want to make variants of existing games. What about Axis and Allies and Zombies?

• Chris Cocks,
      WotC president and CEO

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/how-the-company-behind-dd-magic-and-avalon-hill-innovate-w514703

Obviously Zombies was a throwaway hypothetical, but be prepared for a total bastardisation.

And I though A&A: WWI was a stretch…

You all might be missing a more important detail here.

Quote from the same article. It’s the sentence right before the atrocious “zombie” comment:

@Author:

But why, I ask, hasn’t Axis and Allies come to tablet yet?

@WOTC:

“I think we will be correcting that in 12 to 18 months,”

If they’re serious and we’re actually getting an official software release of A&A, that could potentially be huge (or a disaster, if WOTC decides to shut down TripleA),

• @Young:

2nd edition without an upgrade kit was a slap in the face to those of us who bought 1st edition.  Luckily between HBG and this community I was able to fill out my set.  Without that, the choice would be to play with sub-par makeshift units, or else shell out $200 USD +tx for a few plastic AAAs.  Not a peasant dilemma.

@DouchemanMacgee:

You all might be missing a more important detail here.

Quote from the same article. It’s the sentence right before the atrocious “zombie” comment:

@Author:

But why, I ask, hasn�t Axis and Allies come to tablet yet?

@WOTC:

�I think we will be correcting that in 12 to 18 months,�

If they’re serious and we’re actually getting an official software release of A&A, that could potentially be huge (or a disaster, if WOTC decides to shut down TripleA),

I caught that.  Just that personally I am more interested in table top gaming than digital gaming.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

A few years ago I created a hypothetical rule set for Axis and Allies:Nazi Zombies.  I think it’s here on the forums somewhere haha!

• @zooooma:

@Young:

2nd edition without an upgrade kit was a slap in the face to those of us who bought 1st edition.  Luckily between HBG and this community I was able to fill out my set.  Without that, the choice would be to play with sub-par makeshift units, or else shell out $200 USD +tx for a few plastic AAAs.  Not a peasant dilemma.

Yes, agree 100% - a 3rd edition that is backwards compatible with 2nd would be most appreciated.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

so this game would not appeal to me but neither did 1942 or 1941 I’ve got anniversary and 1940 have all the Tactical games. and would buy more. my question is could we rope teenagers and Millennials into axis and allies through this quote on quote side door? it would certainly make the Eastern fronts interesting to say the least

• @crockett36:

my question is could we rope teenagers and Millennials into axis and allies through this quote on quote side door?

The games that are popular with young board gamers are typically short games with less direct player vs player interaction.  Games lime A&A are going to remains Fringe despite the board game boon I think.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Of course we’ll always be fringe.  But we must recruit even to be a fringe and not a  dinosaur.  It will rope people in.  The parent goes to the board game store, picks up the game because “Johnny likes history, and he likes zombies.”  He plays with his three friends.  Two of them like it.  They see the other games.  They see the tablet version.  Ten years later one of them is still rolling dice.  Maybe one has come back and is playing at grasshoppers 20th tournament.  Obviously many copies get shelved and sold at a rummage sale the next summer.

Let me say again, this is not my cup of tea. Anyone play Risk Legacy? I really liked that game.  This is not a hill I would want to die on.  If they want to innovate, do Kursk.  Make the pieces really nice.  Everyone loves tanks.

• Seems like when I introduce it to 4 new people, one likes it a lot, two are lukewarm (which makes them unlikely “maybes” for future games), and one doesn’t care for it much.

Recruitment is definitely key, but it’s surprising how people with little gaming experience can pick it up pretty quickly.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m