• Sponsor

So in the Axis & Allies 50th Anniversary Game, Battleships damaged in combat become repaired immediately after the fighting ends. Is this a strange rule or simply a great way to balance a unit not often purchased?

Grasshopper’s Battleship Repair Rule:
    Damaged battleships do not get repaired immediately after combat, instead… they must remain damaged until the purchase new units phase of their next turn (at which time all damaged battleships belonging to that power are automatically repaired).

• '17 '16

Do you imply to use such a rule for BB in G40 games?
    Not requiring a NB to repair BB.
    However, Carrier would still requires  NB for repair.

• @Baron:

However, Carrier would still requires  NB for repair.

The problem I see with those rules: “Free repair for BBs in Purchase New Units phase, Carriers must sail to a friendly, functional Naval Base for repair”, is that people would have a harder time remembering, “What repairs when and where?”. There comes a point when one more cool rule is one rule too many. Have we reached it here? I don’t know. But I think it’s something we should keep in mind.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Sponsor

@Baron:

However, Carrier would still requires  NB for repair.

The topic is marked 50thAE which implies Anniversary Edition where there are no naval bases, G40 damage rules are fine in my opinion… I’m only talking about changing the Anniversary Edition rule for damaged battleships.

• Battleship is damaged. On next players turn in purchase phase you roll 1 D6 for repair no matter where it is. If you want that hit back it should cost you. Otherwise go with your rule YG where on next turn it’s repaired. I don’t like the rule where at end of turn it’s repaired and now you get another defense roll for free and 1 less casualty.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m