Find League Opponents Thread

• Thanks to both of you for getting back to me - it looks like I’ve picked up another game but I’ll get back to you when I’ve got a spot again.

• I’m looking for games of BM3. Would prefer to play online.

• @axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@Omega1759 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Would take a Global 1940 Second Edition game, been out of it for two years. Used to be tier 1-E at peak. Fine with league game or non-league game (warning, I play under influence most of the time).

Edit: reached tier M in 2017, tier E in 2018 when I stopped playing.

welcome back omega! funny like a day before you resurfaced, I was thinking about how so many ol’ timers started showing up again, and I remembered you, and sure enough, here you are! lol

if I may suggest, please do make an effort to learn the latest balanced edition (BM3), which has significant improvements in the rules and objectives, making the allies far more viable. if you wish to do a practice game with me to learn the rules (not so hard, many are just common sense improvements), I’d be happy to get you started on it.

Hi AxisD. I mentioned this before.

I’m old school, continue to believe that the community should hang on to the original game in order to not fragment the community / intimidate new players looking at this forum.

• @Omega1759 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Would take a Global 1940 Second Edition game, been out of it for two years. Used to be tier 1-E at peak. Fine with league game or non-league game (warning, I play under influence most of the time).

welcome back omega! funny like a day before you resurfaced, I was thinking about how so many ol’ timers started showing up again, and I remembered you, and sure enough, here you are! lol

if I may suggest, please do make an effort to learn the latest balanced edition (BM3), which has significant improvements in the rules and objectives, making the allies far more viable. if you wish to do a practice game with me to learn the rules (not so hard, many are just common sense improvements), I’d be happy to get you started on it.

I’m old school, continue to believe that the community should hang on to the original game in order to not fragment the community / intimidate new players looking at this forum.

I agree with your sentiments @Omega1759. Being new I am surprised that, from my perspective, a lot of people here do not like OOB and prefer BM3. While I have only played one game of BM3 my initial impression is OOB is better. I think the main detriment to OOB is that it requires a high Allied bid to be even. That is totally accurate. However, with a large enough bid OOB is an even game and still has that tension of the early game “Am I going to stop or accomplish the VC path to victory or not.” Then if the VC win is stopped the money is close enough that the game turns into a fairly even long term battle.

BM3 seems to dramatically lend itself to the Allies in a long term money game forcing the Axis Player to either a) go for a VC win and if failing loses the game for sure or b) play a long term money game initially to have any chance of success. To me that lessens the options for the Axis Player and reduces the fun of the game for both sides. Since the game is played on the exact same board I am not sure why BM3 is preferable to OOB.

Now if you do want a long term money game then Path to Victory seems to be a good choice. It is a completely different game than OOB played on a different board so to me it is a different game versus a different version of the same game. @surfer and I are both playing our first game and so far so good. It is very different and challenging and my initial impression is it is a good game.

• '19 '17

@AndrewAAGamer said in Find League Opponents Thread:

@axis-dominion said in Find League Opponents Thread:

I agree with your sentiments @Omega1759. Being new I am surprised that, from my perspective, a lot of people here do not like OOB and prefer BM3. While I have only played one game of BM3 my initial impression is OOB is better. I think the main detriment to OOB is that it requires a high Allied bid to be even. That is totally accurate. However, with a large enough bid OOB is an even game and still has that tension of the early game “Am I going to stop or accomplish the VC path to victory or not.” Then if the VC win is stopped the money is close enough that the game turns into a fairly even long term battle.

BM3 seems to dramatically lend itself to the Allies in a long term money game forcing the Axis Player to either a) go for a VC win and if failing loses the game for sure or b) play a long term money game initially to have any chance of success. To me that lessens the options for the Axis Player and reduces the fun of the game for both sides. Since the game is played on the exact same board I am not sure why BM3 is preferable to OOB.

Now if you do want a long term money game then Path to Victory seems to be a good choice. It is a completely different game than OOB played on a different board so to me it is a different game versus a different version of the same game. @surfer and I are both playing our first game and so far so good. It is very different and challenging and my initial impression is it is a good game.

Statistics say otherwise, BM3 is still Axis tilted.

• @Adam514 said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Statistics say otherwise, BM3 is still Axis tilted.

@Adam514 I didn’t say BM3 was tilted to Allies. I said the Axis options are reduced from going for multiple VC options or a money game to just a money game.

• '19 '17

@AndrewAAGamer OOB the Axis would play the money game and succeed at it much easier than Allies. In BM3 Axis still usually win in that way, imaigne OOB.

• looking for GAMES!

• @dawgoneit said in Find League Opponents Thread:

looking for GAMES!

Care for a game of Path to Victory or BM3?

• @dawgoneit Hey Dawg, we are maxxed out for the year but if/when my league limit is increased I’d play you again.

• '22 '21 '20 '17 '15

@dawgoneit Hi Dawg, haven’t been around in awhile…but been having a desire to try and play again. Care to go again? OOB preferred

• Hi players. I’m new to the league although I’ve played axis and allies for years. Transitioning to competitive play after learning the new maps from pickup play. I’m open to different game times and rules. Let’s battle!

• @aagamerz13 Would you be interested in a game of Balanced Mod 3, or the newest addition, called Path to Victory?

• @CaptainNapalm Hi Captain. I’ll start with bm3.

• @aagamerz13 Sounds good! Care to pick a side, or a bid? I’m fine with either side.

• @CaptainNapalm Ok. I’ll bid 15 for allies bm3. Do you play online? That might be faster if you have time.

• '22

Let’s try to debut here too. :)

I have always played at Global 40 second edition (no OOB) and I would prefer, but I can also adapt to BM3.

• @Avner said in Find League Opponents Thread:

Let’s try to debut here too. :)

I have always played at Global 40 second edition (no OOB) and I would prefer, but I can also adapt to BM3.

So OOB means Out of Box". So if you are playing 2nd Edition you are playing the OOB game.

• '22

I explained myself wrong, i play a second edition… not original (as indicated on triple A with OOB)111.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m