Find League Opponents Thread

• '20

@wheatbeer I just started/agreed to start 3 games so I’ll hold off for now. I’ll message you next time I’m looking to start one.

• '17

@tanios ok doke :slightly_smiling_face:

• Looking to start either g40 or bm3. Not ranked yet.

• @HypoAF hit me up in a few days. I’ve got 3 games going now and it’s hard to keep them straight.

• @Gambler6 Sounds good. When you get done with one, let me know.

• @HypoAF i messaged you

• '19 '17

Looking for a few PTV games with the updated version, tiers 1 and above. PM me if interested.

• Looking to start a 3rd game. I’m a low tier player. BM3 preferred.

• @DannyDuck716 Messaged you Danny.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Hi guys (and girls?),

I am new here and look for an opponent for G40 OOB (without weapon’s development). Having played about 15-20 times, I guess I am inbetween beginner and medium. So far I have only been playing against one friend of mine, and I lost most of the games which is both frustrating and unfair! I don’t have to explain the frustration part. But it is also unfair, as it was me who taught him the game… TripleA hard AI has no chance against me, and my friend is regularly killing me…

In any case I prefer playing one-on-one games. And for more informatio about me: I learned A&A during my year as an exchange student in Oregon in 1988/89. In 1992, my parents visited NY and brought me the original game as a souvenir! Love them! :-) I used to play during high school and university, and then I had like a near to 20 year break. I discovered G40 and TripleA around two years ago and fell in love - of course ! :-)

Besides that, I already spent a fortune on HBG pieces and spent weeks painting the pieces. And for Christmas I finally got my 3D printer!

I have a time constraint which will hopefully not be an obstacle for finding another mate to play:

Being a family father living in Germany, I can only play on weekend evenings which basically means Fridays and Saturdays from 10pm to 2am CEWT. I guess this would make it an afternoon/early evening match for people in the US.

It would also be great to participate in the 2021 league! I am just uncertain if this works with OOB, or if I should learn how to play BM3. Any advice is welcome! :-)

I am looking to get a request for this or next Friday evening (European time) or an invitation for the league :-)

In any case I wish you all the best for 2021!

Best regards,
    Martin

• @martin said in Find League Opponents Thread:

It would also be great to participate in the 2021 league! I am just uncertain if this works with OOB, or if I should learn how to play BM3. Any advice is welcome! :-)

Welcome, Martin! Oder wie man sagt, herzlich willkommen!

Should be no problem to play in the league if your preference is OOB. Actually today it was decided that OOB, BM3 and P2V will all have their own standings and playoffs, which I think is great.

I’d suggest that you try out BM3 though. It’s simply put a great modification of the game.

Perhaps we could try out a game of OOB, if you want? :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@trulpen Hi Trulpen,

That was quick :-) If this week Friday or Saturday 10pm CEWT suits you, it’s a deal :-)
    Where are you located?

Cheers,
    Martin

• Sweden, so the same time-zone, I guess. We can continue our conversation through PM.

• @martin welcome to the league martin!
    You can play either BM or OOB here, or other variants such as PTV. The issue is only being able to find opponents that want to play the version you want. More people now play BM here, so if you are not too committed to OOB you may have more luck finding a game if you are willing to play both. BM is fairly close to OOB, but with a little more complexity and a little more balanced. PTV is more substantially different, but I believe it is also still being workshopped.

It can sometimes be hard for new (and unranked) players to find a game right away so you might need some patience. If you don’t get a response in a day or two, it can be worth posting here again … and again. And also look for others posting as well and message them. You will likely have more luck (as a new and unranked player) with players that are lower in the rankings then higher.

It is worth reviewing the league rules and standings to see how they work while you wait for a game. And somewhere on this site, you should find explanations for BM and PTV if you are interested in those.

• Ein herzliches Hallo auch von mir @martin.
    Ich denke Du wirst hier finden was Dein Herz begehrt. Die League wird Dir helfen zu einem besseren Spieler zu avancieren und Dein Gameplay zu verbessern.
    A gsunds neis wünsche ich dir mit den besten Grüßen aus Franken!

• @aequitas-et-veritas Vielen Dank! :-)

• @martin In addition to playing in the League, which is the “Play by Forum” option in Triple which takes days/weeks to play a game, you can choose “Play Online” which are live games. You can get a lot of games in and see lots of strategies. Before long you will kick your local gaming groups butts!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@hypoaf thanks for the advice. I have played many times online against one and the same friend, and I hope to find other opponents here. I will try the forum anyway. But in general I agree with you - from what I understand, online will go quicker. On the other side: I always play 3-4 hours in Friday evenings and save the game to continue the following Friday. Like that, a match usually lasts for two to three Fridays. In extreme cases it also took a few weeks which is I guess is quite close to the forum matches ;-)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@farmboy Thank you very much for the warm welcome and the explanations! :-)
    I will most likely try my luck OOB tonight. BM sounds interesting indeed, and I will get myself educated in that regard. First, I need to figure out how PBF works. Is there any explanation page on how to set-up or join a game? Cheers, Martin

• '22 '21 '20 '17 '15

@martin there’s a decent run through the various types of TripleA games here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/17147/gargantua-s-k-i-s-s-triplea-instructions

This covers local, forum, and a few versions of A&A you can play on TripleA. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m