Post League Game Results Here

• @ArtofWar1947 It took forever and some well timed dice luck to overcome your tenacious defense. Well played.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Trulpin over Crockett36’s in my first game of balanced mod.

• @crockett36 said in Post League Game Results Here:

Trulpin over Crockett36’s in my first game of balanced mod.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/34992/l20-1-trulpen-x-vs-crockett36-a-10-bm3

A serious bomber-spam.

• Kamikaze_pilot +12 Allies -VS- dawgoneit Axis BM3
    Kamikaze_pilot +12 Allies Wins
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35128/kamikaze_pilot-12-allies-vs-dawgoneit-axis-bm3/101

• https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/34584/adam-3-v-jww-axis

adam +3 v 666 axis…adam wins of course…he is simply a far superior player…I have a lot of work to do.

• '19 '17 '16

• Dawgoneit (L+15) v. Surfer (X) G40 BM3, rematch
    Surfer (X) Wins.
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35111/dawgoneit-l-15-v-surfer-x-g40-bm3-rematch/151

• https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35055/abh-axis-vs-axis-dominion-bm3-20l

ABH over me, with an early massive dose of luck against the Russians, and that was pretty much over from round 5, altho I managed to stretch it to round 32 and could’ve kept going for another 10 rounds at least.

he openly admitted his strategy was to take whatever lucky chance he could get since he considers himself the weaker player. I do not enjoy playing someone who’s primary strategy is to get lucky. so now I know to avoid playing him and anyone who will have that mindset. while I can understand going for luck if you’re losing and feeling desperate, but to go for such odds right at the outset, before anyone has any real advantage? to make that your primary strategy? sorry but for me, this game is fun because it offers more tactics and strategies than a lot of common games out there, but that gets thrown out the window with this kind of approach (I would have same complaint if the battle went horribly wrong for him, as it would not be any fun for me if he threw the game that early on).

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.46.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.48.51 AM.png

• @axis-dominion said in Post League Game Results Here:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35055/abh-axis-vs-axis-dominion-bm3-20l

ABH over me, with an early massive dose of luck against the Russians, and that was pretty much over from round 5, altho I managed to stretch it to round 32 and could’ve kept going for another 10 rounds at least.

he openly admitted his strategy was to take whatever lucky chance he could get since he considers himself the weaker player. I do not enjoy playing someone who’s primary strategy is to get lucky. so now I know to avoid playing him and anyone who will have that mindset. while I can understand going for luck if you’re losing and feeling desperate, but to go for such odds right at the outset, before anyone has any real advantage? to make that your primary strategy? sorry but for me, this game is fun because it offers more tactics and strategies than a lot of common games out there, but that gets thrown out the window with this kind of approach (I would have same complaint if the battle went horribly wrong for him, as it would not be any fun for me if he threw the game that early on).

Maybe he only wanted to try 1 round and retreat, but got pretty lucky in that rd1 so he pressed forward?

• @Amon-Sul said in Post League Game Results Here:

@axis-dominion said in Post League Game Results Here:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35055/abh-axis-vs-axis-dominion-bm3-20l

Maybe he only wanted to try 1 round and retreat, but got pretty lucky in that rd1 so he pressed forward?

no, he was taking big gambles like that all game actually, even earlier than that he did same kind of Hail Mary on my fleet in 110, but that came out roughly even. he later did similar big gambles in pac. I’ve actually played him a few times in the past, and while I remember he would like to gamble like this a lot, it never seemed like he would do it as his main strategy. it always seemed like he would do it on a smaller scale here and there, and only when he started losing and getting more desperate. but what bugged me about this game is that he admitted he was determined to try out any such 30 to 50% odds in hopes of getting lucky, and it was so early on that it didn’t make any sense to go for poor odds unless you were just praying for some luck as your strategy.

• Well i also like to hit some 40 - 50 % battles, especially if i can finish my opponent with another allied force.
    And it can be quite useful with allies, in sea battles especially.

But with axis, and on land battles, well not much of a, good strategy.

But i understand his logic, he risks, and if he takes 1 win against U in 3 or 4 games, gets 8 points, and 4 for all the losses, and he has a PPG of 5+ xd

As U say, that type or risky battles are usually rare, especially on the start of the game and with axis.

With allies it can be more useful, since allies have more money, and a little TUV loss can even be a win for them. And its so nice in sea battles when the defender has to choose cas first, and he takes his ACs down, goin for maximum defense, and then he scores well, but its already late for ACs xd

• But as u say its logical u risk when U re goin down, and u dont have much to loose.

This is odd, but it is legitimate. But it is legitimate U do not play that type of opponent anymore ha

• @axis-dominion said in Post League Game Results Here:

@Amon-Sul said in Post League Game Results Here:

no, he was taking big gambles like that all game actually, even earlier than that he did same kind of Hail Mary on my fleet in 110, but that came out roughly even. he later did similar big gambles in pac. I’ve actually played him a few times in the past, and while I remember he would like to gamble like this a lot, it never seemed like he would do it as his main strategy. it always seemed like he would do it on a smaller scale here and there, and only when he started losing and getting more desperate. but what bugged me about this game is that he admitted he was determined to try out any such 30 to 50% odds in hopes of getting lucky, and it was so early on that it didn’t make any sense to go for poor odds unless you were just praying for some luck as your strategy.

Ha ha, that’s funny. I guess you got to give they guy credit for having the balls to do it. But honestly, hitting a 40%-50% battle isn’t unreasonable, or even 30% if its small.

I hate to bring this ancient debate back, again, but I think while the battle calc is a useful tool, it isn’t the final word. Minor shifts in dice rolls can flip a battle hard. A few extra hits round 1, BOOM the odds go from 30% to 80% just like that…

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@Karl7 said in Post League Game Results Here:

Ha ha, that’s funny. I guess you got to give they guy credit for having the balls to do it. But honestly, hitting a 40%-50% battle isn’t unreasonable, or even 30% if its small.

I hate to bring this ancient debate back, again, but I think while the battle calc is a useful tool, it isn’t the final word. Minor shifts in dice rolls can flip a battle hard. A few extra hits round 1, BOOM the odds go from 30% to 80% just like that…

As a gaming philosophy, though, I can see the “I am going to hit anything on chance I might win even if it’s unwise” can be annoying.

I guess theoretically if you hit game winning 30% battles all the time your a likely to win 1/3 your games. A 1/3 winning average would actually improve my record against Axis D! HA hahahahahah!

• @Karl7 said in Post League Game Results Here:

@Karl7 said in Post League Game Results Here:

As a gaming philosophy, though, I can see the “I am going to hit anything on chance I might win even if it’s unwise” can be annoying.

I guess theoretically if you hit game winning 30% battles all the time your a likely to win 1/3 your games. A 1/3 winning average would actually improve my record against Axis D! HA hahahahahah!

and hence I am avoiding players like that, which can include you if you keep that up!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

For the battle in question:

If no AA hits against the bombers, Germany scores +2 and the soviets score -2 compared to average in round 1…

…Then Germany is suddenly at 75% and about even TUV…

My point is, might not be completely crazy to give it one round to see what happens…even though that was not abh’s logic.

I probably wouldn’t…

• I don’t want to be a bother but I think my second win over Sovietishcat has not been counted. I suppose that if I wanted to cling to my Master ranking for as long as possible I should have kept my mouth shut. :grin:

• @Amon-Sul Somebody should fix the scoring mechanism. I’m pretty sure there are common solutions to this, like how Chess has rankings and I play Starcraft which does a decent job.

Excluding losing games is silly. For some reason the League was biased this way under the old system as well in 2007 when I last played.

• '19 '17 '16

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m