League General Discussion Thread

• Now I remember. You build a new IC, and POW. Max damage before you could even build an AA. And then your complex might be on a 2, so if you build an AA you get to build 1 other unit that turn :D :D

• Sounds like a crazy bad mechanic.

• 2023 '22

@trulpen Yup. Also, it’s not fun to feel you’ve won solely on dice. One example is when I won versus @AndrewAAGamer awhile back in OOB. I played well, but without the 20 streak bombing raid before being shot down I think it might had looked different :D

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Would like to add calculated chances.

• @trulpen Worst I had was an attack on 8 Chinese with 10+ planes a bunch of infantry and only getting one hit. Best I had was an attack on the American fleet with the Japanese and managing to keep 6 more planes then expected. Dice are fickle. Also both of this in the same game.

• '19 '17 '16

@gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Now I remember. You build a new IC, and POW. Max damage before you could even build an AA. And then your complex might be on a 2, so if you build an AA you get to build 1 other unit that turn :D :D

In classic the damage was directly to the treasury. Was there an intermediate step like Anniversary where the unit was damaged but you still had the classic AA gun? Looks like it.

• @simon33 I actually forgot about directly destroying the money. And with 3 dice heavies. That was A&A apocalypse, like if it had turned to nuclear war. I often thought that was the intent, actually. Once my nephew and I both took one of the other’s capitals and both had heavies. That was our longest game, and probably the funnest.

Yes, intermediary like Anny had moveable AA so you could abandon your complex and it was defenseless. Or you could capture your enemy’s AA and then move it away, and if they captured the complex back it was defenseless, IIRC. Limit damage to double the value of the territory. But you could build 'em anywhere that had at least 1 IPC value. Now that it’s been over 10 years it can be hard to even remember. I recently brought up AA50 on triple A and also on the board with my kid, and it definitely feels overly simplistic but I’m sure would be a blast to get into again.

Started playing AI on AA50, spent 5 with Germany and BAM. Super subs G1. But then that just makes you spend more money on subs than you should. Maybe.

See what happens when you ask me a little question? :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• @gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

**ANNOUNCEMENT

FOR 2022 PLAYOFFS THAT ARE IN JANUARY**

Based on the total number of games that everyone has played in 2022 to date, the minimum number of games required in 2022 to participate in the 2022 playoffs (which start January 2023) are as follows:

Balanced Mod 6
    Path to Victory 3
    Out of the Box 3

By comparison, 2021 playoffs were 8, 4, and 3

Only games that are completed by 31-Dec-2022 count, right?

• Completed and also reported on the post game results here thread. By 12:00AM California time.

Exceptions may be granted because I won’t be putting brackets together at 12:01, but don’t count on them.

Short answer is yes.

• @gamerman01

Thanks. Do games started these days but not completed in 2022 automatically count for 2023? Or do players have to determine and announce that in advance?

• @pacifiersboard any game started now but completed in 2022 will count to 2023 (assuming it finishes then). If games finish just after Dec 31st 2022, there might be some latitude. Some players may start to declare a game is going to count for next year, but that is usually because it is unlikely to finish in time.

• that should read “any game started now but not completed”

so the full comment should be: any game started now but not completed in 2022 will count to 2023 (assuming it finishes then). If games finish just after Dec 31st 2022, there might be some latitude. Some players may start to declare a game is going to count for next year, but that is usually because it is unlikely to finish in time.

• He’s right.
    And if the game could be ended in 2022 but if both players want it in 2023, they could merely wait to call it over and report it in 2023.

Note also that all playoff games which would be completed in 2023 will also be counted as regular 2023 games, per vast majority vote by league players several years ago.

• @gamerman01

This may not be welcome by current players or past legends, but I don’t mind if past legends like @Karl7 get a wild card place in the playoffs to spice it up a bit. Anyone feel free to throw flowers or rotten vegetables at this idea.

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Sounds cool, but if Karl hasn’t been playing anywhere else, he’s probably even crappier now.

And you’re right, does not work at all for players hoping to get in the playoffs this year.

HOWEVER. We COULD totally have a wild bracket - would have to be BM3 or 4 - for resurrected legends, players who couldn’t get to 6, etc. Requirement would be something like, life-long # of league games played is > X
    Where X is 5 or 10 or something. Also, no one allowed who is playing in a different playoff. That’s just off the cuff. Could be some other really interesting qualifiers too.

So I leapfrog your cool suggestion with a
    <SEPARATE WILD PLAYOFF> starting January 2023

• @gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Sounds cool, but if Karl hasn’t been playing anywhere else, he’s probably even crappier now.

Thanks Gameramn!

• I knew you’d appreciate that

Hey, you can go ahead and start rounding up your band of misfits - I’ll make you a bracket or even help you round it out

• Just got a new pc and am getting the following error when I try to open a game

“class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’) java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)”

I can still open games in local mode, but not for forum.

anyone experience this and know what to do?

• @farmboy panther is who i look to for help

• @farmboy said in League General Discussion Thread:

Just got a new pc and am getting the following error when I try to open a game

“class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’) java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)”

I can still open games in local mode, but not for forum.

anyone experience this and know what to do?

I think I also got that. Think I just downloaded the official release of 3A (started with a pre-release) and then it worked fine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m