League General Discussion Thread

• I also have an issue with the objectives tab.
    The computer that has the password and can play on the forum is the same one that does not have the objectives tab. Version of TripleA is the same on both computers.

And the laptop has the objectives tab but can’t play by forum because of the password issue. The two together can do my gaming, but when I’m away from home… out of luck :cry:

• '19 '17 '16

@gamerman01 probably the map on one of them is out of date. Check that in download maps

• Thanks Simon - I went to triplea forums and I think I might be onto something. Somebody else had the same problem and the same versions (2.5.22294 and java 11.0.6) and I’m following the solution right now. Downloading a pre-release version of Triple A 2.6 - will keep everyone posted

• Getting stuck.
    Can’t even find BM3 in maps. Probably making things worse, though I did find how to change the default number of runs in the battle calc - sweeeeeet

• '19 '17 '16

@gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Getting stuck.
    Can’t even find BM3 in maps. Probably making things worse, though I did find how to change the default number of runs in the battle calc - sweeeeeet

It is packaged up in “World War II 1940 Global”

• OK, I do have World War II 1940 Global on both computers - have all along, I think.

I don’t know why I have the objectives tab on one and not the other. Is that why you said the map might be out of date? I removed the Global map and installed it again - same version I had - still no objectives tab :(

Still have the forum password problem.

Thanks for helping! Any other things I can try?

• '19 '17 '16

I reckon it isn’t picking it up rather than there being something else wrong

• '19 '17 '16

@simon33 said in League General Discussion Thread:

I reckon it isn’t picking it up rather than there being something else wrong

This could be because the original BM was installed on it. Before BM was included in the map package. I think you had to unzip the map package and put some other stuff in it. If you can find this, you could resolve the problem. HTH. Just one idea.

• @gamerman01 @Soulblighter moving this here if that is alright since this is the discussion page. I was going to add that the 97 attack is a bit less common now I think so the sub in 98 is less common too. I tend to place my bid to constrain G1 choices so usually subs in 91 and 106 or around the UK.

I think gamerman is right that the bid has gotten a little high. But if and when @axis-dominion, @JDOW and @Adam514 rejoin the league, we might find it a little low. :)

• @farmboy said in League General Discussion Thread:

@gamerman01 @Soulblighter moving this here if that is alright since this is the discussion page. I was going to add that the 97 attack is a bit less common now I think so the sub in 98 is less common too. I tend to place my bid to constrain G1 choices so usually subs in 91 and 106 or around the UK.

I think gamerman is right that the bid has gotten a little high. But if and when @axis-dominion, @JDOW and @Adam514 rejoin the league, we might find it a little low. :)

idk. I don’t think it changes anything for g1. I saw a few interesting choices for allied bids. Mostly regarding putting a transport near SA to get those two inf faster north and a marine near india. I think those two make more sense as they allow uk to deal with a few things uk needs to deal with fast.

• I’m guilty of keeping a conversation going in the wrong thread - AGAIN

Thanks Farmboy

• Man it hurts to lose that destroyer/transport off Canada (106)

Subs to UK in favorite G1 targets would seem to be the most effective. 110, 111, 106

To me the game is all about the German/Russian front, as in earlier versions, and as it should be. Raising chance to bring down German planes and/or saving some fleet is the best use of a bid IMO.

I always take sub 98 and hit 97 because I got burned by skipping 97 once. Hard. Probably did the wrong thing. Italy went wild and helped on India, and that’s curtains.

• @gamerman01 I like the gib air base move as my UK1. It doesn’t knock the italian fleet out but it contains it and conserves the UK navy to threaten both Germany and Italy. So the sub in 91 both protects that cruiser (which I’ve also seen as a target that can mess up my UK plans) and gives you a way to hit the Italian destroyer without trading your own or risking a plane.

@soulblighter I do the marine in India if I’m confident that axis aren’t going for a J1 or J2 (some players are pretty consistently a J3). I’m sure a transport off SA works well if you are going to hit Italy in Africa hard on UK1/2 and get the Mid East. But the subs in the Atlantic make German naval attacks riskier and I find it helps me set up the allies in the atlantic more quickly.

• @gamerman01 I agree, but G1 needs to get rid of the fleet either way. Also 106 is a 50/50 shot regardless. So it feels pointless to put something there. It would be better to put something somewhere where you know it will be effective, like the 98 sub.

• A sub in z106 is actually a great spot for a sub. It forces G to use 2 subs if they want to hit the des and tr. That means one less sub in z111. All of three of z91/110/111 have merits, but I think z91 and z111 are better.

• 2023 '22

You pretty much need 3 subs in SZ106 to be somewhat confident to take that transport. Everything else is a coinflip.

• Right, I forgot 91 in my list.
    106 is big because if G sends 2 it’s still very risky as Pejon said. If G1 doesn’t attempt 106, 1 sub can’t attack anything.

If you’re not going to attack 97, no use putting a sub in 98 unless you’re putting one in 91 and gonna use sub in 98 to attack 96.

Anyway, I’m a strong believer that you use your whole bid on UK subs, with extra going whatever. Nobody does it, but infantry in France could be good.

• '19 '17 '16

@pejon_88 said in League General Discussion Thread:

You pretty much need 3 subs in SZ106 to be somewhat confident to take that transport. Everything else is a coinflip.

I prefer the coinflip of 2 subs though. 3 subs just means a juicy target for UK with the DD from SZ109 and probably the bomber.

• '19 '17 '16

^ also with a 3 sub attack, UK should probably submerge a bid sub and then use it to counter attack.

• '19 '17 '16

On the bids they should be used to do one of two things:

• nerf an axis attack
    • allow or strengthen an allied attack

The SZ106 bid does achieve this to some degree but I think much less than either the Scottish fighter bid (which for some reason isn’t used as much any more) or the combo bid with +16 of ftr malta and sub SZ98. This allows a Taranto with sending in the CV, mostly. Main risk being if they don’t scramble and don’t get a defensive hit (roughly 16%) you lose the CV as it has to move in to capture the plane which came from UK.

I reckon if I had a 20 bid I would put down an artillery in Kweichow. Gives China more fight against a J3 DOW.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m