Grasshopper's 8 Sided System (G40)

• '17 '16 '15

This 8-sided malarky is preposterous!

It will never work!

Not until someone makes those lovely rounded d8’s with the nations flag symbol in place of the ‘number 1’.  Then this will be one of the greatest tweaks to an already excellent game, and praise will rain down to it’s creators.

Until then….bin it…ludicrous.

:wink:

• @WoodyWanKenobi:

This 8-sided malarky is preposterous!

It will never work!

Not until someone makes those lovely rounded d8’s with the nations flag symbol in place of the ‘number 1’.  Then this will be one of the greatest tweaks to an already excellent game, and praise will rain down to it’s creators.

Until then….bin it…ludicrous.

:wink:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• '17 Customizer

Looks interesting.  Would like to get some blank dice to make hit dice.

Strategic bombing is so difficult and costly already I seldom use or see it used.  Lowering the % seems as though it would render it completely unusable.

Just my 2 cents…

• The cruiser is more like a heavy cruiser or battlecruiser at 5-5 vs the battleship at 6-6

I suggest a new unit light cruiser at 4-4, your heavy cruiser at 5-5 and BB at 6-6

• You are referring to the St Bomber getting a lower defense percentage shot ?
    What if YG put in a SBR roll 1d8 +2 = damage per bomber ?

• Sponsor

@SS:

I LIKE IT!…this would definitely make bombing raids more palatable, and the need to intercept more prevalent.

• @Young:

@SS:

I LIKE IT!…this would definitely make bombing raids more palatable, and the need to intercept more prevalent.

Sweet. I use the d8 SBR in my WW2 40 game for stag bombers and rockets tech. Thats why I got the dice. It kinda gives you that 1 less Bomber being used to get max damage based on accuracy and from being shot down. But I dont use the +2 because my bombers cost 10 icps.
    H Bomber I use a d10.

• '19 '18 '17 '16

I just ordered the 8d and will try out your new values with the next home game and see how it goes.  Might need to print out a temporary battle board to keep everyone in line.  Lots to think about here!

• Plus your AAA shot at a plane goes from a 16.7% hit to a 12.5% hit with a d8 die.

@sjelso:

Looks interesting.  Would like to get some blank dice to make hit dice.

Strategic bombing is so difficult and costly already I seldom use or see it used.  Lowering the % seems as though it would render it completely unusable.

Just my 2 cents…

• Sponsor

@Hambone:

I just ordered the 8d and will try out your new values with the next home game and see how it goes.  Might need to print out a temporary battle board to keep everyone in line.  Lots to think about here!

I talked them into having a sale starting January 28th to February 2nd… 10 dice for $14.

• Hey Young Grass Hopper

I like the concept in general. My only concern is that effectively lowering the defense value of infantry by 33% while the tank attack value remains the same will make the defense of Russia even more untenable than it already is.

• Sponsor

Hey Guys, thanks for your advice and input, I have created a new thread in my new Cliffside Bunker forum… please continue the discussion there.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=41410.msg1734336#msg1734336

BTW… 8 SIDED TRUNCATED DICE FROM DICE LABS IS NOW ON SALE UNTIL THE END OF THE WEEK!!!

http://www.mathartfun.com/DiceLabDice.html

• Disciplinary Group Banned

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT YG, YOU HAVE A FLAWED SYSTEM!!!

• '18 '17 '16

I guess your word means nothing Vann. You promised to stay away. What is it going to take to make you stop harassing YG?

I hope you get banned this time for good.

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I guess your word means nothing Vann. You promised to stay away. What is it going to take to make you stop harassing YG?

This is not harassment like he said.  I am stating my opinion like everybody else does.

• @Dauvio:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

This is not harassment like he said.  I am stating my opinion like everybody else does.

Doesn’t matter if you have an opinion. You are not allowed to post anything period towards anything YG posts.

@SS:

@Dauvio:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Doesn�t matter if you have an opinion. You are not allowed to post anything period towards anything YG posts.

**I MADE COMMENTS ON HIS POST, AND HE CRIES HARASSMENT AND EVERYONE BELIEVES HIM.

THE TRUTH IS HE GOT HIS FEELINGS HURT, AND NOW HE IS CRYING WOLF.

HE HAS SOME GOOD A&A VIDEOS OUT THERE, BUT SOME OF THEM ARE PRETTY LAUGHABLE.

I DO SUPPORT HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL BECAUSE OF HIS PASSION FOR THE GAME.**

• Sponsor

@Dauvio:

@SS:

@Dauvio:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

This is not harassment like he said.  I am stating my opinion like everybody else does.

Doesn�t matter if you have an opinion. You are not allowed to post anything period towards anything YG posts.

**I MADE COMMENTS ON HIS POST, AND HE CRIES HARASSMENT AND EVERYONE BELIEVES HIM.

_Young Grasshopper, with all due respect you are not equip to modifying existing units, or adding new units to the game. You need to use the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS to do that. I’ve been doing this before you ever got into A&A. If you want to make the game better like I do, then we have to all work together. Sometimes you frustrate me, we are like water, and oil together, SAD.

You are a hypocrite, you are arrogant, and ignorant!!! I will attack you on your ideas on using different sided dice, modifying existing units, and adding new units to the game because you don’t know what the hell what you are doing!!! Why I am doing this because I am very passionate about A&A!!! You need to wise up boy!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

BACK TO BUSINESS.
    Now let experts handle this kind of stuff, you are not qualify, you are a greenhorn, you need help with this. I’ve been playing this game since the game came out. Where were you at that time, in grade school._

You’re right Vann… You’ve never harassed me, I’m just a crybaby I suppose.

• Sponsor

Matthew 7 (KJV)

21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

@Young:

@Dauvio:

@SS:

@Dauvio:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

This is not harassment like he said.  I am stating my opinion like everybody else does.

_Young Grasshopper, with all due respect you are not equip to modifying existing units, or adding new units to the game. You need to use the ENIGMA (vann) FORMULAS to do that. I’ve been doing this before you ever got into A&A. If you want to make the game better like I do, then we have to all work together. Sometimes you frustrate me, we are like water, and oil together, SAD.

You are a hypocrite, you are arrogant, and ignorant!!! I will attack you on your ideas on using different sided dice, modifying existing units, and adding new units to the game because you don’t know what the hell what you are doing!!! Why I am doing this because I am very passionate about A&A!!! You need to wise up boy!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

BACK TO BUSINESS.
    Now let experts handle this kind of stuff, you are not qualify, you are a greenhorn, you need help with this. I’ve been playing this game since the game came out. Where were you at that time, in grade school._

You’re right Vann… You’ve never harassed me, I’m just a crybaby I suppose.

Don’t leave out what you said to me now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m