A prime case of racial discrimination

• Racial discrimination

Excerpt: It was a good start to the year for Sgt Leslie Turner who was awarded 30,000 pounds in an out-of-court settlement after suing Scotland Yard. Sgt Turner was the first black police officer in London’s Metropolitan Police to be made a Royal bodyguard. It was his job to guard HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – that’s Camilla, the Prince of Wales’ new missus, though in some sort of Britannic Teresa Heinz-type arrangement she doesn’t use the moniker “Princess of Wales”. Anyway, Sgt Turner ceased being a Royal bodyguard last spring and subsequently brought his suit for “racial discrimination”. Here’s the wrinkle: He claims he was over-promoted only because he was black. If he’d been a white copper, he’d have been given a job commensurate with his abilities and he’d have done it fine and been happy in his work. Instead, because he had the misfortune to be a black copper, his politically correct superiors singled him out for a job for which he was unqualified, thus leading to misery and dissatisfaction. The “affirmative action” turned out to be incredibly unaffirmative: In discriminating in favor of him because he was black, they in effect discriminated against him, also because he was black. That, at any rate, is what his lawyer argued, and it worked.

Wow. Damned if you don’t promote blacks, damned if you do promote blacks… man, I love Affirmative Action! :P

• That was funny as hell!

Reminds me of a young guy I used to work with a few years ago.  He had a wierd accent, and one day I finaly asked him where he was from.  He is from South Africa (white guy), and being curious of what that is like (never met one of them before) he told me about his culture.  He didn’t seem overly racist, but he said there was a lot of it down there (any, story for a different thread).  He was about to start college, and he was going to get some phat $ from all over the place because he is an “African American”.  They don’t ask you on the forms to send in DNA or anything, he just gave them copies of papers showing that he is indeed from Africa.  I thought it was a riot that he was doing it, good for him.  He isn’t making a mockery of affirmitive action, affirmitive action is a mockery onto itself.  And he had a good point to, “I am more African than what you people call African American, I grew up there!”

• I am with both of you… very good…AA is the worst solution for Black “justice” that was ever created.

• I am 1/32 black, so if i needed to i could benefit from it. :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m