Triple A vs hard copy G40 2nd Edition rules

• Hiya

( Merry Christmas and Boxing Day ).

I am just curious, there are many of you great forumers on here who answer questions with great answers. A portion of us play Triple A and the rest the actual board game.
    Learning in September, meeting all the ones who attended YGH event in Toronto, I learnt that playing Tripe A really was a good way players knew the rules inside and out.

So my question is, learning a particular rule by using a dummy play on Triple A ( to resolve your question of curiousness ), yet frustrating that you do have to by past all 10 Nations in a cycle of rounds to get to your question of thought; is this a good option to know a rule when paying your G40 2nd edition board game?

BH

• '21 '20 '18 '17

If I understand your question correctly (and happy holidays),

x3AAA reflects the OOB ruleset to the best of the programmer’s and engine’s capability, but there are still rules that have to be enforced by the knowledge of the players because the AAA engine either cannot or does not support that rule and so it permits you to do an illegal move.

You may also make mistakes, or it may forbid legal moves, so then you have to edit and that’s where things get complicated….

• TripleA is under constant development. Whenever violations of the rules are noticed, they are added as “issues” to the development process. Many of those have been fixed in the past. Some are still open.

Talking about Global1940 see the Game Notes about the issues that have to be cared about by the players. Some of those aspects listed there might have been fixed in the past. But it is still a good idea to know the rules before playing. TripleA does not take away the player’s responsability to know the rules.

However personally I see TripleA as a perfect instrument to learn the game and get familiar with it, keeping taamvan’s and my above statements in mind.
    Especially in case you don’t have the chance for regular live (board) games.

@Bravehart:

So my question is, learning a particular rule by using a dummy play on Triple A ( to resolve your question of curiousness ), yet frustrating that you do have to by past all 10 Nations in a cycle of rounds to get to your question of thought;

I am not sure that  I understand this correctly, but if you want to get quicker to a nation or a special situation later in a turn, you can set the nations/players not needed to “Does Nothing (AI)”. That will bring you quicker to the point.

• '19 '17 '16

Triple A is close but not completely accurate in knowing the rules. Probably the biggest limitations are asking for sub combat casualties in the wrong order under certain circumstances, allowing passing through a friendly neutral on NCM and not enforcing amphibious assaults after strategic bombing but before other combats.

Current version is a big improvement on 1.8 IMO.

I think the notes have been updated so that they are mostly current?

• Hey Panther,

I wasn’t aware you can edit the program to skip steps ( to speed up things ). Good to know.

I am all down for keeping the G402nd as the main rules. If Trip A is 95% on par, then that’s pretty good. In all, it’ll always bring me back asking questions back on the forum!

• @Bravehart:

I am all down for keeping the G402nd as the main rules.

Indeed, that’s the way to go!

@Bravehart:

If Trip A is 95% on par, then that’s pretty good. In all, it’ll always bring me back asking questions back on the forum!

Yes, don’t hesitate to ask all rules questions in the G40-forum and all TripleA-related questions in the Software-forum. 
    :-)

• '17 '16 '15

@Bravehart:

Hey Panther,

I wasn’t aware you can edit the program to skip steps ( to speed up things ). Good to know.

I am all down for keeping the G402nd as the main rules. If Trip A is 95% on par, then that’s pretty good. In all, it’ll always bring me back asking questions back on the forum!

I guess even though I knew it was possible, I wasn’t aware either : )
    A good way to test stuff

• I was wondering where my question disappeared too!!

• @barney:

@Bravehart:

I guess even though I knew it was possible, I wasn’t aware either : )
    A good way to test stuff

Yes, this feature together with Edit Mode allows for setting up and testing special scenarios.
    TripleA offers a lot :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m