• Axis and Allies is a dice game. One of the things that screws up dice games are the dice. I play another game called Blood Bowl, a fantasy football game of Orcs/Humans and so forth. That game is a dice game also, teams can purchase rerolls to represent skill and so forth.

SO

For Axis and Allies I propose you can purchase rerolls. We will call them Offensives or some such name.

Here are the rules for Offensives/rerolls

• Germany/USA/Japan start the game with 2 rerolls.
    • all other nations start with 1 reroll
    • You can purchase a Re roll token for 10 IPC.
    • After you roll your dice you can spend a reroll counter to reroll your own dice. You must accept the results of the second roll. You can only reroll once for each battle.
    • You can only reroll your own dice rolls. This reroll can be used any time you roll the dice regardless of what you are rolling for.
    • If a nation is conquered they also lose all their offensives on top of their IPC. The Offensives/Rerolls are not handed to the victor and are discarded instead.

So, this is a way using a game mechanic to influence key battles and key dice roll. It is a resource that must be used wisely which encourages smart play. Also it gives players at least one or two chances to reroll a disaster because of the dice.

What do you guys think?

Rerolls cost to much to purchase? � or need to be adjusted to, lets say, 8 IPC? Or need to go up to 15 IPC?

Do, you like this concept/idea?

• Seems simple and straight forward. $10 seems good too.
    I wouldnt use it though, the game is long and complex enuff.

• Kinda agree with bob. I have in my game Generals give a piece a reroll for first round only and any were from 1-3 pieces. Some Generals will give a reroll for 2 tanks.

• '17

Pain State,

Very interesting House Rule idea. I like it in spirit. I’d want to limit this a little bit though. I see this as another balancing tool. It might be that the US is the country that could mostly afford this cost.

1. I would not give tokens to majors. They have to pay for them or never get one Period. It will demonstrate how IMPORTANT a re-roll token really is to a player. However, each minor nation would get 1 to start with except France. ANZAC, China, and Italy get 1 free token otherwise they probably would never get 1. Costs for a Re-Roll token still remains at 10 IPCs. I agree with that. Purchased re-roll tokens would not be effective until the next turn (just like you can’t place units on a Factory until the next turn).

2. Regarding your house rule, do you re-roll the entire battle or is it like you re-roll your 2nd roll in the same battle if your dice missed, then re-roll your 2nd round? I would agree with the first portion of my question, but not the 2nd. For me, it would havve to be the entire battle re-rolled (for both sides). Not just the side using the re-roll token.

• Re-rolls or Extra rolls?  A re-roll has advantage of seeing the initial result.  I would make the cost $5, with use as a re-roll hits on a 1, or extra roll hits on a 2.  Can be used anytime.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m