• '17

Lets play. I’m off work right now. I’ll take allies for 16. 1 fighter to Scotland, 1 sub to SZ98. UK1 I’ll do a standard 6/1 instead of 9 inf on London.

• What’s 16 mean?

• Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

• '19 '17 '16

@Leatherneckinlv:

Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

You’re saying Axis can usually win OOB, no bid? Not controversial.

• @Leatherneckinlv:

Italy:
    Turn 1 APA (10 ipc)
    Turn 2 AB and all SS (from 18 to 28 ipc)
    Turn 3 AB and  all SS (33 plus IPC
    turn 4 all SS (35 plus ipc)

May I ask how you get Italy to that much money that quickly?  I’m used to 16-18 ipc at the end of round 1, if Germany strafes Yugoslavia and leaves Southern France.  Britain always cleans up one of the Italian armies in Africa when I play (usually Ethiopia, if he’s being conservative), round 2 would be not much more, maybe 2 for Greece, 1-2 more in Africa, and probably lose 1 or even 2 there)

• Sponsor

I call it Italy’s 20 IPC bracket…

If they’re above it… they’re doing okay,
    If they’re below it… they’re in big trouble.

• It’s collecting 2 to 3 NO’s plus income for Italy….Playing a game as we speak…turn 1 Income was 18
    I will collect another 4 IPC’s on NO next turn but wont get the 3rd…had Tobruk done to me…so No North Africa

• '17

@Leatherneckinlv:

Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

Ok cool. Well, no bid games do occur; especially in some table top groups. It’s great for people new to the game just learning. I thought you were referring to as if it’s played with moderately to very experienced players.

• With so many of the games gone to bid or balance mod in order to make the matches fair for equal opponents, I like it when these strategies can be applied to non-OOB rules.  I also don’t like plans that assume that the other player is low skilled and your armies can just obliterate all opposition.  Assuming that Italy will conquer N. Africa on turn 3 is an atypical outcome even when the Allies know that Sealion is coming.

• No discussion for a while now…

Any new conclusions about this strategy?

What’s about an airbase at Gibraltar and moving Egypt fleet west? Yet, I guess there was this topic deep down at forum’s splanchnic times ago but couldn’t find it…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m